LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

vinhnySANITY's FULL MOCK DRAFT & FREE AGENTS (no trades)

Thought I would share with all of ya'll what I hope will happen this offseason. Hopefully Lynch and Shanny really are in sync and build us the best team forward. This team by no means will get us to a superbowl, I just thought with the cap room we have and our high draft picks, we could pull together a roster like this.

I am up for a critiques and inputs

We finally have hope again, and hopefully Jed stays out of the way and trust the PROCESS....

FREE AGENTS (90 MILLION)

KIRK COUSINS (23 MILLION A YEAR, 5 YEAR CONTRACT)
ALSHON JEFFERY (11 MILLION A YEAR, 4 YEAR CONTRACT)
CHANDLER JONES (12 MILLION A YEAR, 4 YEAR CONTRACT)
KAWANN SHORT ( 13 MILLION A YEAR, 4 YEAR CONTRACT)
TONY JEFFERSON (8 MILLIONI A YEAR, 4 YEAR CONTRACT)
PATRICK DIMARCO ( 3 MILLION A YEAR, 3 YEAR CONTRACT)
GREG ZUERLEIN ( 3 MILLION A YEAR, 3 YEAR CONTRACT)
DANNY WOODHEAD (4 MILLION A YEAR, 3 YEAR CONTRACT)

DRAFT

2. JONATHAN ALLEN (DL - ALABAMA)
34. JOHN ROSS (WR - WASHINGTON)
66. JARRAD DAVIS (MLB - FLORIDA)
147. CHAD KELLY (QB - OLE MISS)
162. JAKE BUTT (TE - MICHIGAN)
188. JULIEN DAVENPORT (OL - BUCKNELL)
206. SAMAJE PERINE (RB - OKLAHOMA)
224. JJ DIELMAN (C - UTAH)
225. CORN ELDER (CB - MIAMI)

53 MAN ROSTER

OFFENSE (WEST COAST OFFENSE)

WR - ALSHON JEFFERY, JOHN ROSS, BRUCE ELLINGTON
LT - JOE STALEY, JULIEN DAVENPORT
LG - ZANE BEADLES, ANDREW GARDNER
C - DANIEL KILGORE, JJ DIELMAN
RG - JOSHUA GARNETT
RT - TRENT BROWN, ANDREW TILLER
TE - VANCE MCDONALD, JAKE BUTT, BLAKE BELL
WR - TORREY SMITH, JEREMY KERLEY, ERIC ROGERS
RB - CARLOS HYDE, DANNY WOODHEAD, SAMAJE PERINE, DUJUAN HARRIS
FB - PATRICK DIMARCO
QB - KIRK COUSINS, CHAD KELLY

DEFENSE (4-3 HYBRID)

DE - ARIK ARMSTEAD, RONALD BLAIR
DL - IAN WILLIAMS, JONATHAN ALLEN
DL - KAWANN SHORT, MIKE PURCELL
DE - DEFOREST BUCKNER, CHRIS JONES, QUIONTON DIAL
OLB - AARON LYNCH, ELI HAROLD
MLB - NAVORRO BOWMAN, RAY RAY ARMSTRONG, JARRAD DAVIS
OLB - CHANDLER JONES, TANK CARRADINE
CB - RASHARD ROBINSON, TRAMAINE BROCK, WILL REDMOND
CB - JIMMIE WARD, KEITH REASER, CORN ELDER
SS - JAQUISKI TARTT, TONY JEFFERSON
FS - ERIC REID

SPECIAL TEAMS

P - BRADLEY PINION
K - GREG ZUERLEIN
LS - KYLE NELSON
Did you look up all the best FA and say, yep! Sign the all?
Lmao

Like I said, these mocks are getting exponentially worse by the day.
Well we do have 90 million to work with, we can definitely make this happen. Look what the Raiders did last year with all their money. Not saying it will happen, but it should be interesting with all that money!
Originally posted by vinhnySANITY:
Well we do have 90 million to work with, we can definitely make this happen. Look what the Raiders did last year with all their money. Not saying it will happen, but it should be interesting with all that money!

The Raiders signed the best guard, a good LB, and a decent CB (who ended up sucking).

You're saying we can sign a FQB, WR1, OLB, NT, S, backup RB ...

There are 31 other teams!
The mock is decent, but you're counting on a number of players dropping much lower than they are projected to be taken.

That FA haul is fun to think about but impractical, not to mention the severe salary cap ramifications it will have after this year. We have about $90 mil in cap space going into this season. Even if we could, its not wise to blow it all at once. We still have to plan for future years, future FA's, and future contract extensions.
I can't wait til a lot of these free agents are signed or tagged so these crazy free agency mocks will go away.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
The Raiders signed the best guard, a good LB, and a decent CB (who ended up sucking).

You're saying we can sign a FQB, WR1, OLB, NT, S, backup RB ...

There are 31 other teams!

Originally posted by SofaKing:
The mock is decent, but you're counting on a number of players dropping much lower than they are projected to be taken.

That FA haul is fun to think about but impractical, not to mention the severe salary cap ramifications it will have after this year. We have about $90 mil in cap space going into this season. Even if we could, its not wise to blow it all at once. We still have to plan for future years, future FA's, and future contract extensions.

@NinerBuff
Why can't we get our future number 1 QB? Shanny already came out and said Cousins is his #1 QB, Cousins isn't committing to Washington from all the off-season interviews that has been reported. Throwing him 23 a million year should get it done.
Alshon is looking to get paid WR1 money, we can make it close, and wouldn't he thrive under Shanny's offense. Look at how Shanny was able to make Julio and Sanu work in ATL.
No I get it with Short and Jones on the team too could be a bit much haha, but I projected their salary by what I think the market for them would be. I get that other teams are in play like Cleveland and others. But giving them a pretty reasonable offer, stranger things have happened haha

@SofaKing
Highly unlikely, and yes salary cap ramifications. But short deals not all the contract is guaranteed in this business, so maybe? hahaha
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I can't wait til a lot of these free agents are signed or tagged so these crazy free agency mocks will go away.

I'd say if we can sign one of the guys listed, it'd be a win.

I would rather focus on Poe if we are staying in a 3-4. I just don't see Jefferies signing here. I would be happy with Desean Jackson and Terrance Williams

I would rather focus on Poe if we are staying in a 3-4. I just don't see Jefferies signing here. I would be happy with Desean Jackson and Terrance Williams
You think John Lynch will have an influence on the defense? He knows the Tampa 2 defense quite well and the Tampa 2 defense is a variant of the 4-3.

If Chicago tags Alshon, I would be happy with DeSean (still mad that we drafted Balmer instead of him) and I have my reserves on Terrance Williams, he is highly inconsistent.

man... listening to this press conference right now is getting me excited. Can't believe I sat through Tomsula's(super awkward) and Chips(awkward) haha
  • fan49
  • Veteran
IMPOSSIBLE to get cousins and allen
Lol lets sign the top 10 free agents
Originally posted by Heroism:
Lmao

Like I said, these mocks are getting exponentially worse by the day.

For real! Stopped reading after the first two FAs (that's a lie after he said jones lol)
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
8 million a year for a backup SS?
Share 49ersWebzone