LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Ivanm05's Mock Offseason (1st)

Assuming the price to trade for a QB is too rich and Garrett get's picked #1 overall, here is my mock offseason:

Resign:
Jeremy Kerley, DuJuan Harris

FA:
NT - Brandon Williams: shore up the run defense, get someone who can push the pocket.

WR - Pierre Garcon: he's the type of possession receiver that we've been lacking since Boldin left. Knows Shanahan from Washington.

ILB - Zach Brown: had a great year in Buffalo. I'd be surprised if they don't try to resign him.

QB - Mike Glennon: He's a bridge QB. Personally, I hope Kaepernick sticks around for 1 more season. But if not, Glennon is a decent option for the short term.

Draft:
#2 Overall - Mike Williams WR: About damn time we get a playmaker. He'll be a huge upgrade to our WR corp from day 1.

#34 Overall - Carl Lawson OLB: Pass rusher

#66 Overall - Brad Kaaya QB: Maybe need to trade up a bit to get him, gonna need to take a chance on a QB in this draft class.

#107 Overall - Jordan Leggett TE: Another weapon
Originally posted by ivanm05:

2 - QB - California - Davis Webb

Come on
I feel like the zone has been brainwashed by Baalke
Lets pass on the stud #1 wr that we have not had since TO (thats like 15 years ago!)
And wait until the 3rd or 4th and take a chance on a WR we like.
Sounds like Trent

Lets just be done with it and finally take the #1 WR, Kyle can turn him into another Julio
You don't just "turn" someone in "another Julio".

The falcons gave up a king's ransom to get Julio because he is freak player. guys with his combination of size and athleticism don't come around often.

Hate to break to you, but none of the wide receivers in this draft sniff Julio Jones. He had mike Williams' size and length combined with John Ross's quickness and speed. If that player was around, we wouldn't be having as much discussion about who we take at 2.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 31, 2017 at 11:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
You don't just "turn" someone in "another Julio".

The falcons gave up a king's ransom to get Julio because he is freak player. guys with his combination of size and athleticism don't come around often.

Hate to break to you, but none of the wide receivers in this draft sniff Julio Jones. He had mike Williams' size and length combined with John Ross's quickness and speed. If that player was around, we wouldn't be having as much discussion about who we take at 2.

Yeah I share the same sentiment. I like Williams as a true number one and as the best receiver in this draft. But to take him at 2? I don't know. I think I wouls rather go with foster and then see whats there at receiver in round 2. Maybe Davis is there now with his recent ankle stuff.
Yeah I share the same sentiment. I like Williams as a true number one and as the best receiver in this draft. But to take him at 2? I don't know. I think I wouls rather go with foster and then see whats there at receiver in round 2. Maybe Davis is there now with his recent ankle stuff.

Foster at 2
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Foster at 2

He's more worthy of that two pick than say Williams or Trubisky. He immediately helps with our run defense, can cover too. Not to mention we have no clue in what shape Bowman is going to return. It took him a year to get back to his old form from the last injury. It took Crabtree a year to get back from an Achilles too. I know everyone wants to go offense. But who's throwing Williams the ball??

You all are kidding yourselves if you think a wide receiver is going to help this team the most. Did you forget how ugly it was when the niners were giving up 100 yard rushers, sometimes even 2 a game. Guys... the defense has major holes.

Who would you take at 2?
He's more worthy of that two pick than say Williams or Trubisky. He immediately helps with our run defense, can cover too. Not to mention we have no clue in what shape Bowman is going to return. It took him a year to get back to his old form from the last injury. It took Crabtree a year to get back from an Achilles too. I know everyone wants to go offense. But who's throwing Williams the ball??

You all are kidding yourselves if you think a wide receiver is going to help this team the most. Did you forget how ugly it was when the niners were giving up 100 yard rushers, sometimes even 2 a game. Guys... the defense has major holes.

Who would you take at 2?

I don't think he's worthy of a top 10 pick...dude runs around guessing half the time, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off lol...he's surrounded by an amazing DL....he's untouched half the time when hitting the gap. He doesn't look very disciplined to me.

I never said take a WR at two

MLB at two lol that's a slap in the face to Willis and Kuechly (both not drafted that high) they are 1000xs better than foster coming out of college.

I'll gladly take Mitch at two.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 1, 2017 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I don't think he's worthy of a top 10 pick...dude runs around guessing half the time, he looks like a chicken with his head cut off lol...he's surrounded by an amazing DL....he's untouched half the time when hitting the gap. He doesn't look very disciplined to me.

I never said take a WR at two

MLB at two lol that's a slap in the face to Willis and Kuechly (both not drafted that high) they are 1000xs better than foster coming out of college.

I'll gladly take Mitch at two.

Im just really frustrated being here at two. I'm hoping Allen becomes the clear consensus number two pick, enough to make teams want to trade up for him.

I wouldve been ok with the win against the Rams if it meant that Kap and Kelly were gonna continue, as it wouldve set a nice starting off point for this season. But the fact that Chip, Kap won't be here this season, and they kept us from grabbing Garrett number one .. just hurts even more.

I like Mitch. I had him on my college fantasy team. And he helped me out a lot of weeks but he put up some stinkers, especially against Virginia Tech. I know the weather played a role but still.

He definitely has a high ** floor. I like that about him, but I also dont see a great ceiling. I see Alex Smith. Andy Dalton. And granted those guys are probowlers, but If youre taking a QB at two you want a player that has more upside.
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Feb 1, 2017 at 3:02 PM ]
Im just really frustrated being here at two. I'm hoping Allen becomes the clear consensus number two pick, enough to make teams want to trade up for him.

I wouldve been ok with the win against the Rams if it meant that Kap and Kelly were gonna continue, as it wouldve set a nice starting off point for this season. But the fact that Chip, Kap won't be here this season, and they kept us from grabbing Garrett number one .. just hurts even more.

I like Mitch. I had him on my college fantasy team. And he helped me out a lot of weeks but he put up some stinkers, especially against Virginia Tech. I know the weather played a role but still.

He definitely has a high ** floor. I like that about him, but I also dont see a great ceiling. I see Alex Smith. Andy Dalton. And granted those guys are probowlers, but If youre taking a QB at two you want a player that has more upside.

Dude it wasn't just bad weather they played right in the middle of hurricane Matthews lol...go look at kizers stats from that week he played in Carolina as well...god awful, throw in they didn't even have there best back (hood) playing.

I don't see Alex smith at all...I see matt stafford but more accurate. Just needs time which can be said for just about any college qb nowadays.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 1, 2017 at 5:25 PM ]

Share 49ersWebzone