4. Chance Warmack - G - Titans

5. Kenny Stills - WR - Dolphins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXWIdOP5rSg

DRAFT:

Round 1 :

OLB - Stanford - Solomon Thomas

Round 2:

ILB - Temple - Haason Riddick

*** Now I know people will clamor about not going offense with our first two picks. But lets remember how awful our pass rush and rush defense was last year. We go a long way in fixing that with those two choices. Solomon will rise up draft boards and will be the second edge rusher taken right behind Garrett. I liken him a lot to JJ Watt. And Riddick would be a great player alongside Bowman.

I mean. I understand we need pieces for Shanahans offense...but of what good would it be if out defense is left out to bleed every week. Lets take care of that first. ***

Round 3:

WR - ECU - Zay Jones

Round 4 :

1 - RB - UCF - Marlon Mack

Our swiss army knife slot/rb. Our version of Tevin Coleman.

2 - QB - California - Davis Webb

Round 5:

1 - WR - UNI - Kenny Golladay

2 - CB - Colorado - Ahkello Witherspoon

Round 6:

1 - Zane Gonzalez - K - Arizona State

2 - OLB / DE - Chattanooga - Keionta Davis

Round 7:

1. SS - Colorado - Tedric Thompson

2 - FB - FSU - Freddie Stevenson

When and how did Solomon Thomas become Worthy of tha #2 pick
Soloman Thomas is definitely worthy of a #2 pick, just not sure for us, as he doesn't project to be a OLB. I do, however, love your draft. Well balanced and ton of play makers
I like your draft man fullback looks like he would be an absolute animal in kyles scheme, defensive backs seem like sleepers with good measurables..

Great choice in RB
Witherspoon my dude. Really fluid for his height. You picked a lot of senior bowl standouts which I like but senior bowl has also given the NFL plenty of duds after they impressed. I don't like the Thomas pick. Might as well go Allen if your picking another interior lineman.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Witherspoon my dude. Really fluid for his height. You picked a lot of senior bowl standouts which I like but senior bowl has also given the NFL plenty of duds after they impressed. I don't like the Thomas pick. Might as well go Allen if your picking another interior lineman.

Yeah I like witherspoon a lot too bro. And i envision Thomas lining up opposite aaron lynch.. I liken him to JJ watt.. Im not saying hes JJ.. but when i see his strength and power i think JJ... Bosa last year.
Originally posted by Boldjames:
I like your draft man fullback looks like he would be an absolute animal in kyles scheme, defensive backs seem like sleepers with good measurables..

Great choice in RB

Thanks bro. Yeah id love to see what Kyle coould draw up for guys like Mack and Stevenson.
The WR I'd love to see signed isn't Stills...it's Pierre Garcon. Dude's still a big-time baller, a guy who can not only thrive as a starting WR, but be a very good role model to the younger receivers. I'd also sign TE Jack Doyle, a very reliable receiver, something we really don't have at that position.

If they don't trade down from the #2 position (I think they really need to), the guy to draft isn't Thomas...it's Mike Williams. I was impressed with Zay Jones at the Senior Bowl...but, he's not a #1, Williams is.

I don't get Riddick in the 2nd rd...if Zach Cunningham's still on the board, he's definitely the man to pick. No question.

Since you didn't have a FA RB, I'm not sure Mack is the guy who can take some of the big hits Hyde does. Sounds more like a specialty back in the NFL. At any rate, I'd sign Fozzy Whitaker or draft McNichols, Brian Hill, or Kareem Hunt. Hyde needs someone who can spell him, take the big hits and save him from taking so much punishment. Speedy RB's are good, so long as you have a couple of beefy RB's to do the heavy lifting. I like Stevenson...but he's likely going to be a full-time blocker, part time receiver and not apt to carry the ball much.

I like Davis Webb...but do you really think Shanahan will be satisfied with Hoyer as his starter and Webb his b/u? I don't. I'm hoping they make a deal to get Garrapolo and maybe draft Mahomes. I think there'd be more bang for the buck with them.
I like a lot of your draft picks. Some annotations:

Andrew Tiller is a terrible fit for Kyle's OZ-based offense. Would be a waste of money. Dont think Chance Warmack is a fit, either.

Ravens are prioritizing Brandon Williams. Dont expect him to get away from them.

Doubt Mike Pettine would DC for Kyle.

I really like Thomas and Reddick, but they're both ideally better off in a 4-3/one-gap scheme.

Don't like Freddie Stevenson. Kyle primarily uses his fullback to block, and Freddie Stevenson isn't really that physical lead blocker. he's more of an athletic H-back out of the backfield with a "get in your way with cut" type of blocker. I want kyle juszczyk, the best fullback in the NFL and an absolute hammer out of the backfield. Someone that will obliterate a linebacker in the hole and is a very capable receiving threat when he needed.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 30, 2017 at 10:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I like a lot of your draft picks. Some annotations:

Andrew Tiller is a terrible fit for Kyle's OZ-based offense. Would be a waste of money. Dont think Chance Warmack is a fit, either.

Ravens are prioritizing Brandon Williams. Dont expect him to get away from them.

Doubt Mike Pettine would DC for Kyle.

I really like Thomas and Reddick, but they're both ideally better off in a 4-3/one-gap scheme.

Don't like Freddie Stevenson. Kyle primarily uses his fullback to block, and Freddie Stevenson isn't really that physical lead blocker. he's more of an athletic H-back out of the backfield with a "get in your way with cut" type of blocker. I want kyle juszczyk, the best fullback in the NFL and an absolute hammer out of the backfield. Someone that will obliterate a linebacker in the hole and is a very capable receiving threat when he needed.

THis guy

Very nice mock. Would rather have Williams at 2 though
Nice mock draft, love the first 2 picks.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Like your Draft, believe Solomon Thomas will be one of the best of this draft. Really Like Zay Jones in the 3rd and either Marlon Mack or Kareem Hunt in the 4th, got to have one of these two.
I like Solomon Thomas, he does seem to have some JJ Watt in him, but I think we could trade back and get a few extra picks and still be able to draft him
Great presentation, the Solomon Thomas pick may prove to be worthy in a few years, but not now. With the splash the team is making in the GM and coaching hires I think they'll go QB and jumpstart the entire organization.
Share 49ersWebzone