Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 651 users in the forums

2025 Free Agency

Originally posted by Alfienator:
Sucks they haven't signed any dline. I honestly don't trust their dline assessment in the draft. Aside from Bosa(which was an obvious pick) their record for dline draft is abysmal.

Correct. The only 2 quality DL we've drafted in 8 years are bosa (any idiot would've picked him) and DJ Jones (honestly lotto ticket lucky in the 6th).
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Nobody wants the 49ers
Not at their price point.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Sucks they haven't signed any dline. I honestly don't trust their dline assessment in the draft. Aside from Bosa(which was an obvious pick) their record for dline draft is abysmal.

Correct. The only 2 quality DL we've drafted in 8 years are bosa (any idiot would've picked him) and DJ Jones (honestly lotto ticket lucky in the 6th).
Even if it's a deep dline draft. It's worrisome on who they pick.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Even if it's a deep dline draft. It's worrisome on who they pick.

Especially when I heard they have strong interest in Oladejo who is the 183 ranked prospect player and literally nothing positive is said about him when reading his profile. Has 33 pressures in his last 339 pass rushing snaps.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,090
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Even if it's a deep dline draft. It's worrisome on who they pick.

Especially when I heard they have strong interest in Oladejo who is the 183 ranked prospect player and literally nothing positive is said about him when reading his profile. Has 33 pressures in his last 339 pass rushing snaps.

We should be more worried that they haven't visited with Mason Graham.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Even if it's a deep dline draft. It's worrisome on who they pick.

Especially when I heard they have strong interest in Oladejo who is the 183 ranked prospect player and literally nothing positive is said about him when reading his profile. Has 33 pressures in his last 339 pass rushing snaps.

We should be more worried that they haven't visited with Mason Graham.

They take guys who they haven't met with a lot. Might be a good sign. Even though it would take a trade up to probably #4 to get him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
We should be more worried that they haven't visited with Mason Graham.

It would be shocking if graham wasn't selected in top 5
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,286
Originally posted by 49ers808:
WR Demarcus Robinson…… WoooHooo I guess

at this point, everyones gotta be convinced that KS10 and Lynch TANKING IT !!!

DEMARCUS' always been a REJECT... do we not want to sign a WR that will contribute ??
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
WR Demarcus Robinson…… WoooHooo I guess

at this point, everyones gotta be convinced that KS10 and Lynch TANKING IT !!!

DEMARCUS' always been a REJECT... do we not want to sign a WR that will contribute ??

500 yards and 7 TDs for a #3 is definitely contributing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,090
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I mean the dead cap hit is a failure and a result of stupid decisions. Is what it is

Please elaborate

Deebo extension then trading him with $31 mil in dead cap.

I wanna say the 49ers are still taking on dead money from Armstead too, but not sure?

Hargrave and his fat contract.

In the end it was just bad decisions.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,090
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Even if it's a deep dline draft. It's worrisome on who they pick.

Especially when I heard they have strong interest in Oladejo who is the 183 ranked prospect player and literally nothing positive is said about him when reading his profile. Has 33 pressures in his last 339 pass rushing snaps.

We should be more worried that they haven't visited with Mason Graham.

They take guys who they haven't met with a lot. Might be a good sign. Even though it would take a trade up to probably #4 to get him.

In the 1st round, who?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I mean the dead cap hit is a failure and a result of stupid decisions. Is what it is

Please elaborate

Deebo extension then trading him with $31 mil in dead cap.

I wanna say the 49ers are still taking on dead money from Armstead too, but not sure?

Hargrave and his fat contract.

In the end it was just bad decisions.

Id argue bad results, not process.

RE: Deebo, The team was operating under the context of keeping the band together for one final year of Purdys rookie deal. To go all in THEN, we needed the cap space THEN. The restructure didn't give him more money, just kicked the can down the road.

Same with Armstead, they kept restructuring his contract so that we can fit more pieces for our SB push.

Hargrave was signed when we alll felt we were one top end interior pass rusher away from winning a superbowl. We were all happy when the move was made. I did think that it was a slight overpay, but common, of course you over pay when you think it's a good chance this player is the difference between making or missing the superbowl. Unfortunately, we lost said SB, and then he got hurt.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,090
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I mean the dead cap hit is a failure and a result of stupid decisions. Is what it is

Please elaborate

Deebo extension then trading him with $31 mil in dead cap.

I wanna say the 49ers are still taking on dead money from Armstead too, but not sure?

Hargrave and his fat contract.

In the end it was just bad decisions.

Id argue bad results, not process.

RE: Deebo, The team was operating under the context of keeping the band together for one final year of Purdys rookie deal. To go all in THEN, we needed the cap space THEN. The restructure didn't give him more money, just kicked the can down the road.

Same with Armstead, they kept restructuring his contract so that we can fit more pieces for our SB push.

Hargrave was signed when we alll felt we were one top end interior pass rusher away from winning a superbowl. We were all happy when the move was made. I did think that it was a slight overpay, but common, of course you over pay when you think it's a good chance this player is the difference between making or missing the superbowl. Unfortunately, we lost said SB, and then he got hurt.

I with you, but in the end no matter how you slice it, its still dead money. Hey I'm a 49ers fan, I loved the moves they made at the time,I can't argue that. But now we're f**ked, its still a competitive roster pending everyone stays healthy. But there's a lot of weaknesses right now.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I with you, but in the end no matter how you slice it, its still dead money. Hey I'm a 49ers fan, I loved the moves they made at the time,I can't argue that. But now we're f**ked, its still a competitive roster pending everyone stays healthy. But there's a lot of weaknesses right now.

We need:

1- Starting Edge (round 1 or 2)
2- Starting 3tech DT (round 1 or 2)
3- Starting WILL LB (round 3)
4- Nickle CB (round 3)
5- Starting NT (round 4)
6- OT depth (Round 4)
7- DE depth (round 5)

With a strong draft we will be really setup for future success
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I mean the dead cap hit is a failure and a result of stupid decisions. Is what it is

Please elaborate

Deebo extension then trading him with $31 mil in dead cap.

I wanna say the 49ers are still taking on dead money from Armstead too, but not sure?

Hargrave and his fat contract.

In the end it was just bad decisions.

Id argue bad results, not process.

RE: Deebo, The team was operating under the context of keeping the band together for one final year of Purdys rookie deal. To go all in THEN, we needed the cap space THEN. The restructure didn't give him more money, just kicked the can down the road.

Same with Armstead, they kept restructuring his contract so that we can fit more pieces for our SB push.

Hargrave was signed when we alll felt we were one top end interior pass rusher away from winning a superbowl. We were all happy when the move was made. I did think that it was a slight overpay, but common, of course you over pay when you think it's a good chance this player is the difference between making or missing the superbowl. Unfortunately, we lost said SB, and then he got hurt.

Kolohe beat me to it.

Adrian you using semantics? How is bad results not failure? Restructuring Deebo was stupid; the writing was on the wall with him and they knew Purdys contract was coming up.

AA restructure was dumb as well, why do that and then release him the next season? I get kicking the can down the road, but again, at the end of that road was Purdys contract.

You would think they learned from Deebos fiasco but they rewarded Aiyuk for doing the same childish crap, it sets precedent, and not in a good way. Now, it very much appears like they regret that decision in giving Aiyuk that huge contract.

And no, not everyone thought an older Hargrave was a good signing. Just like not everyone thought Deebo was a good extension; I made people mad with truth bombs of him never repeating contract year Deebo again. Aiyuk, same, not everyone thought giving him 30mil per was a good idea.

Bad results = failure and now we are paying the piper with no results (SB victory) to show for it.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone