There are 125 users in the forums

Torrey Smith WR

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Niners99:
He IS worth top dollar if youre utilizing a run-first power running game, as we plan to continue doing. Iupati is the best run blocker in the NFL, with maybe the exception of Marshal Yanda. He is actually a pretty important piece to the offense we want to run. The problem is he cant pass block, so were going to have to pay elite run blocking money for a guy who cant pass block.

I think if you highlight our free agents, I feel like Iupati, Culliver, and Gore are the important ones to retain.

I dont want to see Culliver go, because you waste your time developing a young CB into a great player, and when he hits free agency you want to actually reap the benefits of your development. If Culliver leaves, hes going to take all hes learned, and put it all together for someone else. We need CB's, so it would make no sense to let him go.

We should have extended Cully last offseason cheaply like we were regardless of the bad PR but we didn't
After a hit and run. No way.
[ Edited by Hopper on Mar 7, 2015 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Easier said than done after a hit and run incident.

I felt we could have gotten a premium athlete for a discount. From what we are hearing now about how he is being valued I might be right.
Won't sign lol. We will probably make an offer but we don't over pay fa.
Give Torrey a 5 year $36 Mill deal with $15 mil Guaranteed, trim Stevie to a reduced pay or cut.
Agent's Take: What the asking price should be for 19 top free agents--

WR Torrey Smith

Contract Package: $52.5 Million/5 Years
Guaranteed Money: $25 Million
First Three Years: $34 Million

Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Biscotti doesn't seem too optimistic about re-signing Smith. Although Smith wants to stay in Baltimore, Biscotti recently said the team wasn't going to break the bank to keep him. CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason LaCanfora reported in early February that the Ravens offered Smith a five-year, $35 million contract extension with $19 million in guarantees before the start of the 2014 season.

Smith got off to a slow start in 2014 after leading the Ravens with 65 receptions and 1,128 receiving yards in 2013. This was partially due to quarterback Joe Flacco quickly developing chemistry with free agent pickup Steve Smith . The 2011 second-pround pick finished the season with 49 receptions, a career-low 767 receiving yards and a career high 11 touchdown catches. Smith isn't a complete wide receiver but can take the top off of a defense. The speedster drew a league high 11 interference calls for 229 yards, according to Football Outsiders. These numbers aren't reflected in traditional receiving statistics.

Smith's best chance for a monster deal will come from a team that places a premium on a deep threat. Mike Wallace's failure to live up to the five-year, $60 million contract (with $30 million in guarantees) the Dolphins gave him in 2013 doesn't help Smith's cause. DeSean Jackson , another one of the league's premier deep threats, received a three-year, $24 million deal (with $16 million in guarantees) from the Redskins last offseason after the Eagles released him.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25095322/agents-take-what-the-asking-price-should-be-for-20-top-free-agents
I'd go after Maclin first.

But I understand with Boldin/VD underneath, you have torrey stretch the field.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Cobb got 4 years $40 million from GB so he is off the list. Torrey and Crabtree just got more expensive

Eh Cobb is better and more productive than both.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I don't believe in paying FA WRs, but I'd rather have Maclin.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Andre Johnson wants HOU to release him because he thinks he can get $10M in 2015, and there are atleast 3 teams willing to pay that. The Colts are said to be one of the teams he'd like to play for.
Eh, so is Jacoby Jones next?

Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

I think someone already picked him up actually.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:

Signed with the Chargers.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

WR Torrey Smith

Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Biscotti doesn't seem too optimistic about re-signing Smith. Although Smith wants to stay in Baltimore, Biscotti recently said the team wasn't going to break the bank to keep him. CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason LaCanfora reported in early February that the Ravens offered Smith a five-year, $35 million contract extension with $19 million in guarantees before the start of the 2014 season.

Smith got off to a slow start in 2014 after leading the Ravens with 65 receptions and 1,128 receiving yards in 2013. This was partially due to quarterback Joe Flacco quickly developing chemistry with free agent pickup Steve Smith . The 2011 second-pround pick finished the season with 49 receptions, a career-low 767 receiving yards and a career high 11 touchdown catches. Smith isn't a complete wide receiver but can take the top off of a defense. The speedster drew a league high 11 interference calls for 229 yards, according to Football Outsiders. These numbers aren't reflected in traditional receiving statistics.

Smith's best chance for a monster deal will come from a team that places a premium on a deep threat. Mike Wallace's failure to live up to the five-year, $60 million contract (with $30 million in guarantees) the Dolphins gave him in 2013 doesn't help Smith's cause. DeSean Jackson , another one of the league's premier deep threats, received a three-year, $24 million deal (with $16 million in guarantees) from the Redskins last offseason after the Eagles released him.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25095322/agents-take-what-the-asking-price-should-be-for-20-top-free-agents

If Smith wants to play here, he'll have to lower his salary requirement. Ultimately, he may just try to leverage a better deal in Baltimore. Steve Smith won't be playing forever. I wouldn't be opposed to adding Smith, but only at the right price. Continue to build through the draft. Still think we need to let Patton and Ellington get a chance to start.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

WR Torrey Smith

If Smith wants to play here, he'll have to lower his salary requirement. Ultimately, he may just try to leverage a better deal in Baltimore. Steve Smith won't be playing forever. I wouldn't be opposed to adding Smith, but only at the right price. Continue to build through the draft. Still think we need to let Patton and Ellington get a chance to start.
Niner's won't be getting any top free agents that are trying to cash out. Just not going to happen here. Too bad DeSean picked Washington when he was available.
Niner's won't be getting any top free agents that are trying to cash out. Just not going to happen here. Too bad DeSean picked Washington when he was available.

So This. Coulda had an AMZING DJACK to open things up with Kaps arm and VD/Boldin down the middle and Gore/Hyde more space wow it coulda been Dynamic.
Share 49ersWebzone