LISTEN: 49ers Schedule Release Special →

There are 141 users in the forums

Torrey Smith WR

The 49ers are the new Ravens?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Well Cobb just f*cked up the market for Smith since he got payed by GB that sets the market a little bit hire for Torrey meaning he will beout of our reach since Baalke don't break the bank for no one.

Guess we are stuck with O.J. Simpson (cough cough) i mean Jerome yeah......
Yea the packers just f**ked the wr market all up with that Cobb contract
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea the packers just f**ked the wr market all up with that Cobb contract

Yep. That's a lot of money for a slot receiver.
  • thl408
Originally posted by mayo49:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/report-49ers-very-interested-wr-torrey-smith

Not surprising Baalke would kick the tires, but I gotta think that there's a team willing to easily outbid the 49ers for Torrey.
Originally posted by thl408:
Not surprising Baalke would kick the tires, but I gotta think that there's a team willing to easily outbid the 49ers for Torrey.

You are likely right. We all know FA market is where a lot of B talent gets paid A money. That ain't Trent Baalke style
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are not going to get him. With what money? LOL.

Hahahahahahahaha
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
The 49ers are the new Ravens?

If so, we win two more super bowls.
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 6s6 seconds ago
Feeling I get on Torrey Smith and #49ers (following up last night's info): Unless $$ is too rich for them, they'll get a deal done.

I love this move, but I can honestly say I am shocked. I don't know how they will pull this off honestly. There has to be some more roster moves coming (cuts/restructures) to make this work.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Ray Rice is our next addition after Torrey

• ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I love this move, but I can honestly say I am shocked. I don't know how they will pull this off honestly. There has to be some more roster moves coming (cuts/restructures) to make this work.

TS's contract would probably have a lower cap hit this year than Stevie's so cutting SJ would be all they have to do,
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Aw, no first round WRs for us.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ptw1:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

TS's contract would probably have a lower cap hit this year than Stevie's so cutting SJ would be all they have to do,
pretty much
Originally posted by ptw1:

This. I would tell Stevie lower his base pay or get cut. Having Quan Torrey and stevie as #1 #2 and 3 would be nice and have Patton fight out stevie for #3/4 spot. Then we can focus on OLINE/CB in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Say what you will about Baalke. But we have never had a prolonged contract issue under his watch. I trust that if they bring somebody in it will be structured well for the team.
Share 49ersWebzone