Pending Free Agents as of now.
14 Pending UFA, RFA and EFA free agents to be.
QB Colt McCoy- UFA
QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson- EFA (Would only cost 1yr $570K deal)
RB Anthony Dixon- UFA
WR Anquan Boldin- UFA
WR Mario Manningham- UFA
WR Kassim Osgood- UFA
C Jonathan Goodwin- UFA
DE/TE Demarcus Dobbs- RFA (Would require a 1yr $1.3M RFA tender as minimum, likely not worth it)
ILB Michael Wilhote- EFA (Would only cost a 1yr $570K deal)
CB Tarell Brown- UFA
CB Tramaine Brock- UFA
CB Eric Wright- UFA
SS Donte Whitner- UFA
PK Phil Dawson- UFA
Obviously Dobbs, McCoy wouldn't be brought back, Dobbs not for the tender amount, maybe a 1yr deal for minimum, no guarantees. And McCoy would also need to be a 1yr minimum deal.
Wilhoite and Bethel-Thompson are obvious re-signs with 1yr minimum deals
Obviously we need to try and retain the following.
Boldin
Manningham
Osgood (Yes Osgood, he is a ST Standout)
Whitner is likely a goner, unless it's the right amount, and Goodwin is gone since we need to get younger on the O-Line.
There are 611 users in the forums
2014 49ers Free Agents
Nov 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
Nov 19, 2013 at 8:48 AM
- communist
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,475
contract year...Originally posted by LasVegasWally:Whitner is having a very good season BUT not for that kind of jack.
Nov 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM
- NeeJ49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,580
Wilhoite
Wright
Brock
Osgood ...they need to come back and continue to grow with the team
Brown is going to want BIG money , plus with Culliver coming back, it's no emergency to sign him to a large contract
Boldin will play for Big Money somewhere else, I cant see him taking less money to stay here
McCoy and Thompson will be gone , Jim will find a couple QB's to groom for playing time down the road
Manningham will move one , we will draft a fast field stretching WR in the first 4 rounds
Dobbs will be replaced by a draft pick ....Goodwin will be replaced by one of the O-Lineman currently on the roster, or we could possibly sign a younger Center in free agency
Wright
Brock
Osgood ...they need to come back and continue to grow with the team
Brown is going to want BIG money , plus with Culliver coming back, it's no emergency to sign him to a large contract
Boldin will play for Big Money somewhere else, I cant see him taking less money to stay here
McCoy and Thompson will be gone , Jim will find a couple QB's to groom for playing time down the road
Manningham will move one , we will draft a fast field stretching WR in the first 4 rounds
Dobbs will be replaced by a draft pick ....Goodwin will be replaced by one of the O-Lineman currently on the roster, or we could possibly sign a younger Center in free agency
Nov 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Wilhoite
Wright
Brock
Osgood ...they need to come back and continue to grow with the team
Brown is going to want BIG money , plus with Culliver coming back, it's no emergency to sign him to a large contract
Boldin will play for Big Money somewhere else, I cant see him taking less money to stay here
McCoy and Thompson will be gone , Jim will find a couple QB's to groom for playing time down the road
Manningham will move one , we will draft a fast field stretching WR in the first 4 rounds
Dobbs will be replaced by a draft pick ....Goodwin will be replaced by one of the O-Lineman currently on the roster, or we could possibly sign a younger Center in free agency
Disagree with Boldin. I think he is fair value at $5-$6M a yr, he was worth it this year, and he has proven he is worth it. He wont be greedy. He should be re-signable.
Mario I think could come back for $3M a year, and I would be happy with that. Emergency in case Crabs bolts for Mega money, which I wouldn't pay him, not 50-60 million. I am fine with 8-10M a yr, for 4 years. But I can't see a huge deal given by Baalke to him. Compared to Boldin and MM, you can have 2 WRs who can play near at the same level as crabs for the same price tag of just 1 player. Makes sense to me.
The rest I agree. But McBLT will be back for camp. It wont hit the cap for anything. No reason not to tender him. If the team liked him to claim him, they will bring him back for a look in camp.
Agree with Osgood. Brock I wouldn't go a lot of money, I am not 100% sold. Also I need to see more of Wright to say he is worth a multi year deal.
Wilhoite is a no brainer. I would even extend him ala Boone/Spillman before they hit RFA status. Why wait a year, get him signed for a 3 or 4 yr deal. Worth it, since Willis gets banged up most seasons, not a big deal. But always good to have a god cheap backup plan.
Nov 20, 2013 at 10:25 AM
- NeeJ49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,580
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Wilhoite
Wright
Brock
Osgood ...they need to come back and continue to grow with the team
Brown is going to want BIG money , plus with Culliver coming back, it's no emergency to sign him to a large contract
Boldin will play for Big Money somewhere else, I cant see him taking less money to stay here
McCoy and Thompson will be gone , Jim will find a couple QB's to groom for playing time down the road
Manningham will move one , we will draft a fast field stretching WR in the first 4 rounds
Dobbs will be replaced by a draft pick ....Goodwin will be replaced by one of the O-Lineman currently on the roster, or we could possibly sign a younger Center in free agency
Disagree with Boldin. I think he is fair value at $5-$6M a yr, he was worth it this year, and he has proven he is worth it. He wont be greedy. He should be re-signable.
Mario I think could come back for $3M a year, and I would be happy with that. Emergency in case Crabs bolts for Mega money, which I wouldn't pay him, not 50-60 million. I am fine with 8-10M a yr, for 4 years. But I can't see a huge deal given by Baalke to him. Compared to Boldin and MM, you can have 2 WRs who can play near at the same level as crabs for the same price tag of just 1 player. Makes sense to me.
The rest I agree. But McBLT will be back for camp. It wont hit the cap for anything. No reason not to tender him. If the team liked him to claim him, they will bring him back for a look in camp.
Agree with Osgood. Brock I wouldn't go a lot of money, I am not 100% sold. Also I need to see more of Wright to say he is worth a multi year deal.
Wilhoite is a no brainer. I would even extend him ala Boone/Spillman before they hit RFA status. Why wait a year, get him signed for a 3 or 4 yr deal. Worth it, since Willis gets banged up most seasons, not a big deal. But always good to have a god cheap backup plan.
Yeah I'm sure Boldin will still be effective , and a 5-6 million dollar deal should do the trick.
we should be able to get Wright for a fair price, we were the only team that took a chance and waited around on him ...plus he will more than likely want to stay home and play
I'd love to have Brown back, but I have a feeling this is the year he wants to get paid
Nov 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
- SFrush
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,426
There's a chance Boldin may not want to come back. Our dead last offense in passing yards has definitely irritated him at times this season.
Nov 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
- AZ9erfan520
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,008
Here's an updated list of our 2014 FA's, with offensive an defensive starters in bold. Special teams starters, except for the kicker aren't in bold.
Anquan Boldin
Jonathan Goodwin
Donte Whitner
Tarell Brown
Mario Manningham
Phil Dawson
Colt McCoy
Tramain Brock
Anthony Dixon
Demarcus Dobbs
Michael Wilhoite
Eric Wright
Anquan Boldin
Jonathan Goodwin
Donte Whitner
Tarell Brown
Mario Manningham
Phil Dawson
Colt McCoy
Tramain Brock
Anthony Dixon
Demarcus Dobbs
Michael Wilhoite
Eric Wright
[ Edited by AZ9erfan520 on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM ]
Nov 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM
- crabman82
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,024
whats dawson making this year? i'd like to have him back at a reasonable price.
Nov 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
Originally posted by crabman82:
whats dawson making this year? i'd like to have him back at a reasonable price.
$2.35M.
Nov 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM
- Gore_21
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,685
Edit: Updated with new format next page
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 20, 2013 at 5:14 AM ]
Nov 22, 2013 at 5:55 PM
- sfout
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,443
this has gotta be updated with Brock's extension. definitely has a ripple effect on the rest of this year's plans
Nov 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM
- AZ9erfan520
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,008
Updated 11/23
Anquan Boldin
Jonathan Goodwin
Donte Whitner
Tarell Brown
Mario Manningham
Phil Dawson
Colt McCoy
Anthony Dixon
Demarcus Dobbs
Michael Wilhoite
Eric Wright
Anquan Boldin
Jonathan Goodwin
Donte Whitner
Tarell Brown
Mario Manningham
Phil Dawson
Colt McCoy
Anthony Dixon
Demarcus Dobbs
Michael Wilhoite
Eric Wright
Dec 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM
- sconniepanther
- Veteran
- Posts: 22
Sign
Boldin
Manningham
Dawson
Wright
Wilhoite
Extend
Crabs!!!!!!
Boldin
Manningham
Dawson
Wright
Wilhoite
Extend
Crabs!!!!!!
Dec 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,134
Originally posted by SFrush:
There's a chance Boldin may not want to come back. Our dead last offense in passing yards has definitely irritated him at times this season.
9ers may be dead last in offense, but hes been getting all the yards soooooooooo...........
Dec 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM
- Karma
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,190
With the amount of draft picks we have, the big contract extensions coming, and the personnel philosophy Baalke has shown, I don't think many of this year's free agents will be back.
Whitner - I believe he will be the one bigger contract target. He's a leader in a secondary that will get much younger next year and he has paired very well with Reid. I think we will offer him a 3 year contract with incentives and decent money up front so we can have more flexibility in coming years.
Dixon - I absolutely love this guy, but he probably won't be back. The backfield will be stacked next year and some team will offer him good money to be a backup and special team ace. I could see Seattle grabbing him like they did with Michael Robinson.
Brown - Too expensive. He deserves big money and will find it somewhere else. Brock, Culliver, Morris, and potentially Wright make a good young secondary along with a few young guys brought in through the draft.
Wilhoite - He is easy to bring back and there is no reason not to. I would love to see them give him a few years. He is a very capable backup and a solid special teamer.
Boldin - I'm sorry to say, but he is probably gone. Baltimore traded him because he refused to come down on his contract demands. I don't expect him to offer us a discount. Some team out there will give him 8 million over two years. Washington could use him to help RGIII, St. Louis needs a possession receiver badly, etc. Ultimately, he is too expensive. The team will elect to use that money on Crabtree's extension. This year proves how valuable he is to this offense.
Manningham - He is gone unless the market is so cold for him that we can bring him back for close to the league minimum. His ceiling is a solid #3 reciever and Patton could probably offer just as much production in that role.
Dobbs - The DL depth looks like this: Smith, McDonald,Dorsey, Williams, Jerod-Eddie, Carradine, Dial. With the emergence of Jerod-Eddie and the potential of Carradine, Dobbs is expendable. With seven guys ahead of him right now, I think we could bring in a few UDFA or late round picks to push the rest of this group just as much as Dobbs could.
Goodwin - I think he is gone, but we haven't seen much of Kilgore lately. Have the coaches lost faith in him? Will they use a high pick for Goodwin's replacement? The only way he is back is if the team has no faith in either of those avenues.
Dawson - I really hope they sign him and I think the debacle with Akers last year assures it. He will be more expensive, but worth it. I'd like to see a 2-3 year deal so there is more flexibility with the cap.
McCoy - Gone. Harbaugh has never been happy with him. They will draft a guy and find another vet in the off season.
Wright - He is playing well, which is good and bad. It's good because the team probably wants him back. It's bad because CBs are high value and he may be able to get a better deal elsewhere. Given Wright's desire to play for the 49ers and the patience the team showed while he "dealt with a personal issue" for the first half of the season, I could see him coming back cheap. It would be nice to have him as the nickelback behind Brock and Culliver. Ir would mean the team could wait an extra round or two in the draft to bring in another CB.
To sum up:
Resign: Whitner, Dawson, Wilhoite
Gone: Brown, Boldin, Mannighham, Dobbs, Goodwin, McCoy
Only if the price is right: Dixon, Wright
Some of you will call me crazy for letting Boldin and Manningham go with our current weakness at WR, but look at the players who are coming up on BIG contracts in the next year and a half:
Kaepernick - Despite his recent struggles, he will command franchise QB money.
Aldon Smith - He is a top 5 defensive player in the league. It is going to take BIG money to keep him.
Crabtree - The achilles injury he suffered only served to strengthen his bargaining power. Perhaps MC Hammer can assist Baalke in the negotiations.
Iupati - He has struggled a bit this year, but he isn't far from being the best OG in football.
Alex Boone - Pro-Bowl level OG who can play OT at a high level? He has earned himself a huge raise.
Can you argue that any of those five guys aren't core players? Could any of them be easily replaced?
Whitner - I believe he will be the one bigger contract target. He's a leader in a secondary that will get much younger next year and he has paired very well with Reid. I think we will offer him a 3 year contract with incentives and decent money up front so we can have more flexibility in coming years.
Dixon - I absolutely love this guy, but he probably won't be back. The backfield will be stacked next year and some team will offer him good money to be a backup and special team ace. I could see Seattle grabbing him like they did with Michael Robinson.
Brown - Too expensive. He deserves big money and will find it somewhere else. Brock, Culliver, Morris, and potentially Wright make a good young secondary along with a few young guys brought in through the draft.
Wilhoite - He is easy to bring back and there is no reason not to. I would love to see them give him a few years. He is a very capable backup and a solid special teamer.
Boldin - I'm sorry to say, but he is probably gone. Baltimore traded him because he refused to come down on his contract demands. I don't expect him to offer us a discount. Some team out there will give him 8 million over two years. Washington could use him to help RGIII, St. Louis needs a possession receiver badly, etc. Ultimately, he is too expensive. The team will elect to use that money on Crabtree's extension. This year proves how valuable he is to this offense.
Manningham - He is gone unless the market is so cold for him that we can bring him back for close to the league minimum. His ceiling is a solid #3 reciever and Patton could probably offer just as much production in that role.
Dobbs - The DL depth looks like this: Smith, McDonald,Dorsey, Williams, Jerod-Eddie, Carradine, Dial. With the emergence of Jerod-Eddie and the potential of Carradine, Dobbs is expendable. With seven guys ahead of him right now, I think we could bring in a few UDFA or late round picks to push the rest of this group just as much as Dobbs could.
Goodwin - I think he is gone, but we haven't seen much of Kilgore lately. Have the coaches lost faith in him? Will they use a high pick for Goodwin's replacement? The only way he is back is if the team has no faith in either of those avenues.
Dawson - I really hope they sign him and I think the debacle with Akers last year assures it. He will be more expensive, but worth it. I'd like to see a 2-3 year deal so there is more flexibility with the cap.
McCoy - Gone. Harbaugh has never been happy with him. They will draft a guy and find another vet in the off season.
Wright - He is playing well, which is good and bad. It's good because the team probably wants him back. It's bad because CBs are high value and he may be able to get a better deal elsewhere. Given Wright's desire to play for the 49ers and the patience the team showed while he "dealt with a personal issue" for the first half of the season, I could see him coming back cheap. It would be nice to have him as the nickelback behind Brock and Culliver. Ir would mean the team could wait an extra round or two in the draft to bring in another CB.
To sum up:
Resign: Whitner, Dawson, Wilhoite
Gone: Brown, Boldin, Mannighham, Dobbs, Goodwin, McCoy
Only if the price is right: Dixon, Wright
Some of you will call me crazy for letting Boldin and Manningham go with our current weakness at WR, but look at the players who are coming up on BIG contracts in the next year and a half:
Kaepernick - Despite his recent struggles, he will command franchise QB money.
Aldon Smith - He is a top 5 defensive player in the league. It is going to take BIG money to keep him.
Crabtree - The achilles injury he suffered only served to strengthen his bargaining power. Perhaps MC Hammer can assist Baalke in the negotiations.
Iupati - He has struggled a bit this year, but he isn't far from being the best OG in football.
Alex Boone - Pro-Bowl level OG who can play OT at a high level? He has earned himself a huge raise.
Can you argue that any of those five guys aren't core players? Could any of them be easily replaced?