LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

My Fantasy Keeper League (LEAGUE STARTED, FA begins immediately)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I'm ready this time. It was easy choice. Give me:

Danny Granger

I like busting your chops because you're such a good natured dude.

Good pick.

Haha...thanks. I've had my share of bad days on the zone.

I was surprised Paul George went before Granger...but I'll take it. Hopefully, Wall will shoot better - so I don't get killed in FG%
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I'm ready this time. It was easy choice. Give me:

Danny Granger

I like busting your chops because you're such a good natured dude.

Good pick.

Haha...thanks. I've had my share of bad days on the zone.

I was surprised Paul George went before Granger...but I'll take it. Hopefully, Wall will shoot better - so I don't get killed in FG%

Granger has regressed in nearly every statistical category for the last several seasons now. I just couldn't see me picking him over a guy who's potential is still there.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Sep 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Granger has regressed in nearly every statistical category for the last several seasons now. I just couldn't see me picking him over a guy who's potential is still there.

Fair enough. I like Paul George, but I think he is still a year away. Granger is the go-to guy...and should have a better year. Granger was pretty damn good the last two months of the season when he started to trust his team-mates more and that lead to better shot selection. If he can do that over the course of the season - Granger can put up huge numbers like he did earlier in his career.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm on 4ML's side.

Despite liking George's versatility, I think Paul George over Granger is nuts.

Maybe in a roto format where you need guys to contribute in multiple categories, but not in head 2 head.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM ]
24 selects - Ryan Anderson, F/C (total steal here)
Jeffs selects - Ersan Ilyasova
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Yeah I was considering Troy Murphy, I mean Ryan Anderson.

But despite the fact that centers that shoot threes are awesome in fantasy basketball, I just don't consider Ryan Anderson anything more than an average to below average player in real life. And those guys are only elite fantasy players if they're in the right situation.

And the uncertainty of how Ryan Anderson will be used in New Orleans makes that a risky pick.

All it takes is a coach who decides that he wants a power forward who can actually defend and rebound, and then Ryan Anderson loses almost all his value.

Too bad Ryan Anderson doesn't play for Don Nelson, because I'm sure he's Nellie's wet dream.
Originally posted by crzy:
Yeah I was considering Troy Murphy, I mean Ryan Anderson.

But despite the fact that centers that shoot threes are awesome in fantasy basketball, I just don't consider Ryan Anderson anything more than an average to below average player in real life. And those guys are only elite fantasy players if they're in the right situation.

And the uncertainty of how Ryan Anderson will be used in New Orleans makes that a risky pick.

All it takes is a coach who decides that he wants a power forward who can actually defend and rebound, and then Ryan Anderson loses almost all his value.

Too bad Ryan Anderson doesn't play for Don Nelson, because I'm sure he's Nellie's wet dream.

It seems unlikely to me that New Orleans would go out of their way to sign & trade for Anderson if he wasn't in their plans. Anthony Davis is gonna take care of the board & defensive work. My one concern about Anderson is that he's not a guy that can create his own shot, so I'm wondering how he'll play without a guy like Dwight Howard to get him open. But he'll get minutes, and at #46 he's a total steal. Dude was a Top 10 player last year.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'd predict that Ryan Anderson becomes the Hornets 6th man and finishes with a value in the 80s this year.

Just a hunch that the Hornets will transition to a more defensive mindset with Anthony Davis and Robin Lopez starting at the 4/5.
48) Mark_In_Tulsa - Steve Nash, G
49) Mark_In_Tulsa - Kenneth Faried, F
50) Jeffs - Manu Ginobili, G
24 selects - Marcus Thornton, G

crzy is OTC.

crzy selects David Lee, F/C.
Michlake selects Roy Hibbert, C.

4ML is on the clock.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Just got home...pick coming soon

Hibbert gone