There are 306 users in the forums

Dynasty league Thread

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Esco:
Question 1: The auction setup isn't set in stone yet. I'll actually have a co-commish to assist me with this league and I believe that the site handles much of the process. I've also considered doing the auction as a live event since the site supports it but I've never been a part of a live auction so I'm not sure how those go. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Question 2: There is in fact a contract cap of 50 years that will be included in the final draft. I figured 50 was fair for a 20 man roster.
Question 3: I have been thinking about adding a franchise tag or restricted free agent option but I’ve been struggling to figure out when it would be used since every owner has the right to resign their free agents after the first contact is complete. Maybe we could use it as a 1 year option at the end of the 2nd contract? Suggestions?
Question 4: You are correct, all positions.
Starting next season there will be a separate rookie draft sometime after the NFL draft. It will be a 4 round draft based on finishing position. I will also introduce a taxi squad (or practice squad) for rookies in year 2 (details to come). Projected rookie salaries would be
1rd: $4 2rd: $3 3 rd: $2 4rd: $1

The league is created I’m just putting the finishing touches on the layout and making sure everything is setup correctly.

Like I said there are more touches I need to put on the rules and I’ll try to have this done by the end of the week. I’m always open to suggestions so feel free.

IMO commishing dynasty league is definitely a 2 man. So kudos on that. Also to the open to suggestions part.

I've never been part of a live auction either. So I for one am no help in that area.

As for the franchise/transition tag. If we can resign any and all of our free agents after their contracts then yea I see no use for it there. What I would suggest however is, all "street free agents" are acquired for only a 1 year contract. For example, Mike Vick, Peyton Hillis and Lagarrette Blount last year. Guys likely undrafted/bidded on and making rosters on the cheap. Allow for them to only be 1 year guys then maybe allow the use of the "TAG" on such players. That way those players salary will be on par with where they should be as opposed to someone getting a gem for a couple bucks.

Pretty much all I have.

I actually like that idea, I think I may implement.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Sorry about the delay guys, I've been working hard to nail down the final details of the deal and an agreement should be reached by... lets say Monday.

Is that a joke on the lockout?

Kinda, but crafting solid by laws for a dynasty league is like creating a poor mans CBA.

so who's in and who's out?

Only 2 spots out of the 12 are confirmed Me and my co-commish. I'm opening it up for first come from the start of this thread with the exception that I'm giving vets first opportunity to join. No offense to noobs but to have a successful dynasty league we need committed owners and I'd feel better with owners who have been around here for a while.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
krizay
Pete
jimrat
49ersMylife
Bosie
Rabbit
Knowledge
modniner
ninerlifer
unst4ble3

These guys have first chance to join which would fill the league, if anyone declines then I'll open it back up
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Poop. If anybody drops out, I want in.
yay
GIGGIDY
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
This is a 12 team salary cap dynasty league

$200 Salary Cap
This is a hard cap meaning that no team can exceed the salary cap during the season

Initial player salaries are assigned by the amount they are selected for

Inaugural Draft Auction Aug 13 @ 7:00pm CST on myfantasyleague.com

The initial nomination order for putting up players will be randomly set by the site before the auction starts.

Each team will have 45 seconds to put up a player for nomination.

Each team will have to hold the top bid for 15 seconds in order to win that player.

Once a player is won, the next person in the nomination order will put up a player for bid.

All Rookies and Veteran Players are available to be purchased

Player salaries are based on auction purchase price

Roster Size
20 player roster limit

Lineup requirement
1 QB
2 RBs
3 WRs
1 TE
1 RB/WR/TE
1 TM
1 K

Injured Reserve
Each team has 2 available IR spots. IR spots are only available to players currently on team rosters and once a player is added to injured reserve they must remain for the balance of the season.

Scoring Rules

Passing
2 extra points when total Passing Completions is greater than or equal to 25 ALL
1 point for every 20 Passing Yards (0.05 per) ALL
1 extra point when total Passing Yards is greater than or equal to 300 ALL
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Passing ALL
4 points for every Passing TD ALL
4 extra points for every Passing TD of 80 or more yards ALL
2 extra points for every Passing TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive) ALL
-2 points for every Interception ALL

Rushing
2 extra points when total Rushing Attempts is greater than or equal to 30 ALL
1 point for every 10 Rushing Yards (0.1 per) ALL
1 extra point when total Rushing Yards is greater than or equal to 150 ALL
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Rushing ALL
6 points for every Rushing TD ALL
4 extra points for every Rushing TD of 80 or more yards ALL
2 extra points for every Rushing TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive) ALL

Receiving
1 point for every Catch RB, WR, TE
2 extra points when total Catches is greater than or equal to 9 ALL
1 point for every 10 Receiving Yards (0.1 per) ALL
1 extra point when total Receiving Yards is greater than or equal to 150 ALL
2 points for every 2 Pt Conversion Receiving ALL
6 points for every Receiving TD ALL
4 extra points for every Receiving TD of 80 or more yards ALL
2 extra points for every Receiving TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive) ALL

Kicking
3 points for every FG Made ALL
3 extra points for every FG of 50 or more yards ALL
1 extra point for every FG between 40 and 49 yards (inclusive) ALL
1 point for every XP ALL

Returning
6 points for every Kick Return TD ALL
6 points for every Punt Return TD ALL
Other
-1 point for every Fumble ALL
-1 point for every Fumble Lost ALL

Defense
1 point for every Solo Tackle QB, RB, WR, TE, K
1 extra point when total Solo Tackles is greater than or equal to 15 QB, RB, WR, TE, K
3 points for every Interception ALL
2 points for every Sack ALL
2 points for every Fumble Forced ALL
1 point for every Fumble Recovered TM
4 points for every Safety ALL
6 points for every Defensive TD ALL
4 extra points for every Defensive TD of 80 or more yards ALL
2 extra points for every Defensive TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive) ALL
1 point for every XP Blocked TM
3 points for every FG Blocked TM
2 points for every Punt Blocked TM
10 extra points when total Points Allowed is exactly 0 TM

Player Salaries

Each franchise has a hard salary cap of $200, which cannot be exceeded except during the time between Jan 31 & Aug 18 8am est.
FA pick-ups will be issued a salary equal to the amount of the FA bid that was used to acquire him.
A player can be signed for no less than 1 year and no more than 5 years. This is referred to as the FIRST contract. The owner signs a player of the number of years times the salary price, increasing $2 every year. So a 5-year deal with a draft salary of $5 is a 5-year/$45 contract

Example: Team A signs Player Z for $5 in the auction. He wants to sign him for 5 years. Here is the contract for Player Z:

Year 1: $5
Year 2: $7
Year 3: $9
Year 4: $11
Year 5: $13 Total: 5 years, $45

A players contract can only be extended ONCE.

c) The most you can re-sign a player for is TWO (2) years. The owner will pay a 50% increase on the player’s current Salary. Any fractional values will be rounded up to the nearest $1 increment.

Example: Continuing the Team A, Player Z example...say he wants to resign Player Z for 2 more years after the FIRST contract runs out. His contract would look like this:

Year 1: $5
Year 2: $7
Year 3: $9
Year 4: $11
----EXTENDED TWO YEARS----
Year 5: $ $17

Cap Penalties for cutting players under contract

You sign a Player to a 5 year contract
You drop the player with 5 Years left on a 5 year contract Your Cap his is 100% of the players salary
4 years are left on a 5 year contract. You drop the player. Your cap hit is 80% of the players salary.
3 years are left on a 5 year contract You cap hit is 60% of the players salary
2 Years are left on a 5 year contract Your Cap Hit Is 40% of the players salary
1 years is left on a 5 year contract Your Cap Hit Is 20% of the players salary

The below applies to players signed to four year contracts

Players signed to a 4 Yr Contract
4 years are left on a 4 yr contract Your Salary Hit is 100% of the players salary
3 Yrs are left on a 4 Yr Contract Your Salary Cap Hit Is 75% of the players salary
2 yrs are left on a 4 yr contract Your Saary Cap Hit Is 50% of the players salary
1 yr is left on a 4 yr contract Your Salary Cap hit is 25% of the players salary
The below applies to players signed to 3 yr contracts

Players signed to Three Year Contracts
3 yrs are left on a 3 yr contract Your salary hit is 100% of the players salary
2 yrs are left on a 3 yr contract Your salary hit is 66% of the players salary
1 yr is eft on a 3 yr contract Your salary cap hit is 33% of the players salary
The below applies to players signed to 2 year contracts

You sign a Player to a 2 yr contracy
You Drop the player with 2 yrs left on a 2 yr contract Your salary cap hit is 100% of the players salary
You Drop a player with 1 yr left on a 2 yr contract Your salary cap hit is 50% of the players salary
The below applies to players signed to 1 year contracts

Player signed to a 1 Yr contract
You drop a player with 1 Yr left on a 1 yr contract Your salary cap hit is 100% of the players salary.

Contract Cap
There is a 55 year contract cap at all times that can never be violated. Owners must be aware of the contract cap when signing players and extending deals.

Wavier Wire
In season free agent pickups will be handled using the blind bidding system. Starting after kickoff on Sunday and lasting until 10 pm EST, teams may place bids for available players. At this point the team with the highest bid will receive the player. Keep in mind you must have the available cap space to sign the player even if you had the winning bid.
Free Agent Pickups (In Season)
Players picked up via wavier wire can only be signed to 1 year contracts and will become free agents at the end of the season. Teams will have the chance to restrict 1 free agent via the franchise tag each season.

Franchise Tag
Owners may designate 1 free agent signing from the previous season as a franchise player. Players given the franchise tag will be exempt from the general free agent signing period and his salary will be equal to the average salary of the top 7 players of his position. Players designated as franchise players may be signed for up to 2 years.

PLAYER TRADES
As long as there isn’t a gross imbalance of value (ex. kicker for a top 5 RB) or proof of collusion, trades will be approved. This whole process will be completed as quickly as possible so teams can move on with their activities. Team’s must have the salary and contract space available for any trade to valid. Owners inherit existing player contracts and are subject to cap penalties. Rookie picks will be available for trade two years out. Teams can not trade players with 0 years on their contract (applicable for off-season activities).

Trade Deadline – No trades will be allowed after the Wednesday preceding the 12th week of the NFL season. Trades resume after the completion of the season.

Penalties for exceeding salary cap
If a team exceeds the $200 salary cap at any point during the regular season that team will lose there franchise tag for the upcoming season.

Offseason schedule will be defined prior to the end of the 2011 season

ROOKIE DRAFT
Each year there will be a 4 round rookie draft. Teams will be arranged in worst to first order. The playoff teams will draft in the opposite order they finish in the playoffs. For the inaugural season, rookies will be included in the initial draft. Rookie salaries will be as followed.

1st Round $4
2nd Round $3
3rd Round $2
4th Round $1

Taxi Squad

Season 2 will introduce a 4 player development or taxi squad for rookies and second year players. The taxi squad roster will not count against your main roster unless the player is called up to your regular squad. Once a player is added to the main roster they cannot be returned to the taxi squad. Taxi squad players will be assigned a salary based on their draft position

Veterans Auction
There will be a veteran free agent auction held before the start of next season. The veteran FA auction will include all undrafted rookies and veteran players not currently on an active roster. Players designated as franchise players will not be included in the veteran FA auction.

League Changes
All major rule changes proposed by the commissioner or co-commissioner will need to be approved by league owners by way of majority vote. All proposed rule changes will be posted on the league message board and voted on using the available league polling system. Owners may propose rule changes by e-mailing the proposal to the commissioner or co-commissioner. Proposals will be reviewed and brought for league wide vote at the commissioner’s discretion. We will make every attempt to reserve major rule changes until the off-season unless the change is correcting a critical error. The commissioner reserves the right to make any changes without league vote that are deemed necessary to preserve the integrity of the league.

[ Edited by Esco on Jul 31, 2011 at 14:54:11 ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Invites sent to those who pm'd me
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'm in. But a couple questions if you don't mind.

1st it says total number of starters is 8. But in reality we have 10.

2nd question lineup deadline question. It's set for kickoff for the 1st game of the week. Is it possible to go to the players kickoff. So we're not completely stuck with the dreaded "game time decision".
  • krizay
  • Veteran

2nd question lineup deadline question. It's set for kickoff for the 1st game of the week. Is it possible to go to the players kickoff. So we're not completely stuck with the dreaded "game time decision".

Also I looked at the schedules. It appears as if we are playing double headers? Which would be awesome, except it looks like we play the same team in both games every week.

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
There are still done glitches to be worked out, we are not doing double headers.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

Starters corrected, and lineup deadline changed. I didn't know the system defaulted to kickoff of first game. Good catch.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Starters corrected, and lineup deadline changed. I didn't know the system defaulted to kickoff of first game. Good catch.

what i'm here for.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Woot! I'm in!

I have no idea what I'm doing, though.

Total noob.

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Woot! I'm in!

I have no idea what I'm doing, though.

Total noob.

Please feel free to ask questions. I want everyone to understand all of the rules so that you can enjoy the league.
Share 49ersWebzone