There are 168 users in the forums

Dynasty league Thread

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:

-This process continues until you are happy with your team or you run out of money (keep in mind you need money to make wavier bids during the season)

Keep the questions coming
[/right]

OK, so what if you're the last man standing. Say all the other owners are either happy with their team and/or have no money. While you still have say $100 and 10 roster spots. You can stay in the auction room and finish by yourself?

What if you can't stay, have PC/internet trouble, or whatever else and can't fill up your roster at that time? What happens? Is there another period in which your roster can be filled out or is this your one and only shot?

If you reach the 20 player mark and a player comes up that you'd rather have over joe schmo are you able to drop players during a live auction to bid on the other guy? Which the salary of the dropped player still counting I would assume

[ Edited by krizay on Aug 3, 2011 at 14:08:50 ]
PPR Please?
Originally posted by krizay:
Teams 9, 10 & 11 still hasn't joined.

I've never done this type of auction before and seem to be a lil confused. The bylaws state.

Quote:
The initial nomination order for putting up players will be randomly set by the site before the auction starts.

Each team will have 45 seconds to put up a player for nomination.

Each team will have to hold the top bid for 15 seconds in order to win that player.

Once a player is won, the next person in the nomination order will put up a player for bid.

The calender states the auction starts on the 13th at 8pm (CT ?)

with the 14th signing period starts at 6am. Which ends on the 22nd at 12am.

With blind bidding waivers starting on the 28th at 8am.

I'm confused as to what is going to be happening on all 3 stages. Can you clarify exactly what we'll be doing on all 3 stages and how this all works?

Auction
Starting with the live auction... this is my first rodeo doing a live auction but everyone I've talked to on DLF says that it works great. The auction will be held 8/13 @ 7pm cst

-The system randomly selects an owner who will be able to nominate any available player for auction
-Once the player is nominated for the starting bid amount a 15 second clock starts and everyone has a chance to bid on the player the clock resets after every new bid
-Once a bid has been placed and the 15 second clock expires the owner who placed the last bid wins that player
-The next owner is selected to nominate a player and a 45 second clock starts, if that owner does not nominate a player before that clock expires the next owner gets to nominate a player
-This process continues until you are happy with your team or you run out of money (keep in mind you need money to make wavier bids during the season)

Signing period
I should have been more clear about this in the bylaws but I was writing them from scratch. I’m happy you are bringing these clarity issues to my attention.
The signing period is simply the time frame every owner has to “sign” or assign contracts to all players acquired during the auction. By the end of this period all players must have a contract and the contract terms must be in compliance (not exceeding the contract years cap).

The blind bidding period starting Aug. 28
This period was originally apart of the testing process and will be removed.

The bylaws will be amended to clarify

[/right]

I noticed on the transaction log that Foster was already auctioned and bought. I assume that was pretend to test the site?

Also, am I the best looking owner in the league?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

[/right]

OK, so what if you're the last man standing. Say all the other owners are either happy with their team and/or have no money. While you still have say $100 and 10 roster spots. You can stay in the auction room and finish by yourself?

What if you can't stay, have PC/internet trouble, or whatever else and can't fill up your roster at that time? What happens? Is there another period in which your roster can be filled out or is this your one and only shot?

If you reach the 20 player mark and a player comes up that you'd rather have over joe schmo are you able to drop players during a live auction to bid on the other guy? Which the salary of the dropped player still counting I would assume

@Krizay
I've tested the auction room and you could, in theory, be the only owner bidding on players if other teams are done or out of cash. We added a blind wavier period after the signing period is over so you will have the chance to add free agents before the season starts. As for reaching your 20 player cap during the auction, I look at it like this. You have the ability to nominate any player you want when it's your turn so only poor planning seems to be the only reason for that to happen. You can always choose not to sign the player you drafted, eat the auction price, and then fill that spot during the wavier period.

@lifer
Those are the rules

@Rubber
Those were test transactions
  • krizay
  • Veteran

[/right]

@Krizay
I've tested the auction room and you could, in theory, be the only owner bidding on players if other teams are done or out of cash. We added a blind wavier period after the signing period is over so you will have the chance to add free agents before the season starts. As for reaching your 20 player cap during the auction, I look at it like this. You have the ability to nominate any player you want when it's your turn so only poor planning seems to be the only reason for that to happen. You can always choose not to sign the player you drafted, eat the auction price, and then fill that spot during the wavier period.

@lifer
Those are the rules

@Rubber

cool cool
I am in....."there is never next year"

[/right]

@Krizay

@lifer
Those are the rules

@Rubber

Cant change them? Or do not want to change them?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I thought you wanted PPR...
blind auctions are interesting. Guys are afraid to overbid and end up with nobody they wanted....or they put up someone thinking they will be outbid, only to end up getting stuck with them.

Been on both sides of it.

love ppr I didnt see that it was....so it is? GREAT!

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

love ppr I didnt see that it was....so it is? GREAT!

Yes it is
  • krizay
  • Veteran
what should be my final question.

If you put a guy up for auction and no one bids on him what happens? Does the owner who puts him up have to take him or does he just float to free agency?
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
what should be my final question.

If you put a guy up for auction and no one bids on him what happens? Does the owner who puts him up have to take him or does he just float to free agency?

When you nominate someone you have to with a $1 min bid. So if no one else bids on him you get him for whatever starting bid you put in.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
The league is officially full. Please be reminded that the live auction will be held next Saturday August 13 @ 7pm CST.

Also any suggestions on a league name?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
The league is officially full. Please be reminded that the live auction will be held next Saturday August 13 @ 7pm CST.

Also any suggestions on a league name?

Esco's Dynasty League?
Share 49ersWebzone