There are 265 users in the forums

NFC West Blog: Silver Lining From MNF Loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
NFC West Blog: Silver Lining From MNF Loss

Originally posted by Sando:
Quarterback Alex Smith led a fourth-quarter comeback to tie the game. Smith completed 71.9 percent of his passes for 275 yards. His interceptions came on tipped passes. This was the best Smith has looked during critical moments against a playoff-caliber team.

The 49ers' young offensive line came together with a strong performance, helping Frank Gore rush for 112 yards. The offense amassed 417 yards overall.

The defense held Drew Brees and the Saints below 300 total yards, the second time that has happened since Week 2 of the 2008 season (the other time was Week 17 last season, when the Saints had clinched playoff positioning).

Gore's 21st game with at least 100 yards rushing broke the franchise record he shared with Joe Perry.

Rookie Anthony Dixon scored a touchdown on his first NFL carry.

Ahmad Brooks collected a sack in his first game back from a lacerated kidney.

The 49ers converted a higher percentage of their third-down chances -- 55.6 percent -- than in any game since the 2007 season.

Edit: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=145935&page=1#post0
Brooks is the man.

After reading that, you can tell why the whole team was all about we whooped their asses tonight
I'm excited for Big Dix ramming home for the TD on his first NFL carry.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Brooks is the man.

After reading that, you can tell why the whole team was all about we whooped their asses tonight

we really need to find more playing time for him somehow
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Brooks is the man.

I said in the most over/under rated thread he should start for Manny by week 6. I saw him in there a couple of times on 1st down last night for Manny. So I already know they are rotating him with the starters.

[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 21, 2010 at 17:37:22 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brooks is the man.

He needs to be starter. Bench Lawson or Harlson
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah..Brooks is a monster. I havent really paid much attention to his ability against the run since we use him as a pass rusher but the guy knows how to get pressure.
Originally posted by susweel:
Brooks is the man.

Bench Lawson? He played pretty damn good in my eyes.
Brooks is the man.

I said in the most over/under rated thread he should start for Manny by week 6. I saw him in there a couple of times on 1st down last night for Manny. So I already know they are rotating him with the starters.

Do you guys who are saying bench Manny not know a thing about football? Dude is hands down our best All-around 'backer after P-Willy! If anybody needs to sit it is Parys (I never make a play) Haralson..What the hell has he done since 2008? At least Manny holds the edge consistently against the run and gets pressure even if he doesnt always get the sack he's makin the QB hurry. I cant remember the last time Parys had a sack or a big hit or tackle for loss in the run game.. the rotation should be Manny,Laboy,and Brooks,sit Parys sorry ass down!
Originally posted by Mister49:
Brooks is the man.

Do you guys who are saying bench Manny not know a thing about football? Dude is hands down our best All-around 'backer after P-Willy! If anybody needs to sit it is Parys (I never make a play) Haralson..What the hell has he done since 2008? At least Manny holds the edge consistently against the run and gets pressure even if he doesnt always get the sack he's makin the QB hurry. I cant remember the last time Parys had a sack or a big hit or tackle for loss in the run game.. the rotation should be Manny,Laboy,and Brooks,sit Parys sorry ass down!

Yeah just sit Haralson.

Brooks is the man.

Completely agree, this needs to happen ASAP!
Brooks is the man.

You post too much and your opinions are ridiculous. Lawson is one of the best players on the defense. He doesn't get as many sacks as anyone would like, but he does just about everything else very well.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Brooks is the man.

Completely agree, this needs to happen ASAP!

It will. And it would have happened already if Brooks hadn't lacerated his kidney.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Brooks is the man.

One underrated aspect about Lawson that nobody really mentions is his coverage. He truly is an all round backer and should be resigned immediately. Man, if he caught that INT last night late in the 4th quarter we would have definitely won the game.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Brooks is the man.

You post too much and your opinions are ridiculous. Lawson is one of the best players on the defense. He doesn't get as many sacks as anyone would like, but he does just about everything else very well.
Share 49ersWebzone