LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

10 Reasons Why Alex Smith is Still THE Best QB On Our Squad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Still not sold on Troy Smith, I think Alex should start (if healthy) against the Rams, and it's based on simple logic:

1. He's so damn polite. -He's always dishing pleases and thank-you's to the staff, and never leaves the toilet seat up, even in the men's locker room!

2. He looked pretty badass in college.

3. He was pretty good at TE for the Bucs, winnings teams usually bare multi-dimensional players.

4. He's very soft-spoken. Again, this is very important for a QB, a QBs job is to please everybody and not offend them in the huddle, high voices lead to bad choices!

5. I heard he has a business degree or something, so that's definitely a 'smart-guy' trait. Something you definitely want in a QB, smarts.

6. He has a hot wife. Tom Brady has a hot wife and Brady has 3 rings, so that's got to be some sort of a connection.

7. He's pretty funny with his sarcasm on the Joe Show at 49ers.com.

8. I remember one time Smith did this really cool commercial where he bowled with foster children, and made a funny joke about how he couldn't bowl.

9. He's a good lookin' boy, the T-1000 would love to keep a picture of him.

10. Smith is like a skinny Andy Reid, he doesn't like to talk a lot at pressers but his performance speaks for itself on the field.

--
All key points, and they're undeniable, Alex Smith is easily the best QB in the NFC West, but we just haven't given him a chance to do things yet. It'd be kind've stupid not to start him against the Rams and see if he's worth resigning in 2011.
Share 49ersWebzone