There are 202 users in the forums

Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

We've all discussed prospects like Joe Haden, Kyle Wilson, and others. One I've heard very little about is CB Devin McCourty from Rutgers. This guy has some good skills and I hope our 49ers don't overlook him. With a good combination of size and speed (5'10, 193 lbs. and 4.48 40 yard dash), McCourty could be a "bang for the buck" type prospect.

DraftCountdown.com- CB Devin McCourty

Draft Profile: CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers- NFL.com

[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 26, 2010 at 22:22:47 ]
I am a big fan of McCourty. The only problem is if we stay where we are he would be a reach in the first round and will be long gone in the second.
He will be a late 1st or early 2nd rd pick so he is out of our reach as a 2nd rd potential pick and would be a reach at 17.
I like him a lot but probably a little later. Not where we are picking in the 1st for sure.
I think he will be a nice player, but I don't think he will make it to our 2nd round pick. I'm hoping for Jerome Murphy in the 3rd round.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I think he will be a nice player, but I don't think he will make it to our 2nd round pick. I'm hoping for Jerome Murphy in the 3rd round.

+1
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I like him a lot but probably a little later. Not where we are picking in the 1st for sure.

If the Niners trade down into the low to mid 20's, McCourty would be a very nice CB/ST/KR alternative at that point.
McCourty actually clocked in the high 4.3's.
Share 49ersWebzone