There are 207 users in the forums

Trent Edwards is a Free Agent

JasonLaCanfora Bills have released former starting QB Trent Edwards
captain checkdown east coast version
Originally posted by valrod33:
JasonLaCanfora Bills have released former starting QB Trent Edwards

Hmm...I'm not going to say it.
Just came across the ESPN bottom line. No link yet.
I'm not gonna say it either, but he can't be worse than what we got.
here is a link
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=146322
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I'm not gonna say it either, but he can't be worse than what we got.

The question is that if we were interested then who would we cut? Sadly Smith gives us the best chance of winning right now whether people like it or not. I'd prefer to keep Troy Smith over Carr. So I say cut Carr...if we are interested. I'm at the point....why not?
Good for buffalo for finally realizing that you need a legit qb to win in this league.
Pat Kirwan just posted this in his live chat.

"I think Edwards should go to Carolina, they can sure use any QB right about now. What do you think?"

Kirwan - Couldn't agree more! Here's a guy with starts under his belt. Jimmy Clausen is not ready. But I would be surprised to see the Panthers make this move - they seem to be on a budget.

I can see Edwards in Jacksonville -- the Jags were getting set to bench David Garrard last week but the backup, Josh McCown got hurt and is out for the season. Garrard played poorly again this week.

San Francisco is another interesting landing spot. Because I don't think the 49ers want to turn this offense over to David Carr any time soon.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Good for buffalo for finally realizing that you need a legit qb to win in this league.

yeah like Ryan Fitzpatrick

Sign him

Sign Harbaugh

Draft Luck

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Sign him

Sign Harbaugh

Draft Luck

trade for toby gerhart.
Cut Troy Smith and pick up Edwards.

Then we could have three pretty boy QB's.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by lamontb:

yeah like Ryan Fitzpatrick

Hey that's all they have now but getting rid of Edwards tells your fans ok we see it also. The fact is Edwards isn't gonna cut it and everybody knows it. It's clear they need a qb but no need to keep trying Edwards who just sucks. all the fans know fitzpatrick is just there for the rest of the season.
Trent Edwards > Troy Smith
Share 49ersWebzone