LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

***Official 2009-2010 Houston Rockets Thread*** (29-28)

great Win for the Rox over Blazers, 111-107.

Ariza and Brooks were huge for us tonight.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
33 for Ariza. And here I thought he was a bum w/o kome getting him all these open looks. At least that's what LA fans have been trying to convince themselves of.
Wahoo great win lastnight Ariza and AB have been huge so far this year 2-1c
Originally posted by TX9R:
33 for Ariza. And here I thought he was a bum w/o kome getting him all these open looks. At least that's what LA fans have been trying to convince themselves of.

Wow. A Blowout win in Utah. Never did I expect this.
Budinger with 17 off the bench in 22 mins.
3-1
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

Have you guys actually been watching the games? Ariza's hitting just about every open shot he's getting, which won't continue to nearly the extent that it has so far. Coming into this game, he was shooting 52% from 3. He still has difficulty creating his own shot, and after....I dunno...more than THREE games into the season, he'll begin regressing to the mean. You're going to see a lot more 6-15 performances like tonight than 33 point games.

I like Ariza quite a bit, but I think you should probably wait more than 3 games before rubbing it in anyone's faces, lol.

Good win tonight against a soft Utah team though.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Beating Utah on the road is very sweet. I can't beleive this lack of size isn't killing us yet, we're actually outrebounding lately. But this type of total team effort is what I was expecting with no true star, but a bunch of pretty good players.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Have you guys actually been watching the games? Ariza's hitting just about every open shot he's getting, which won't continue to nearly the extent that it has so far. Coming into this game, he was shooting 52% from 3. He still has difficulty creating his own shot, and after....I dunno...more than THREE games into the season, he'll begin regressing to the mean. You're going to see a lot more 6-15 performances like tonight than 33 point games.

I like Ariza quite a bit, but I think you should probably wait more than 3 games before rubbing it in anyone's faces, lol.

Say what you want, Utah is a tough place to play for any team, and the Rox won.
Speaking of soft, Dallas is pretty soft too right?

Sure. And it's also freaking November 3rd.

Dude you were mentioning Arizas preseason stats in the NBA dicussion thread, wasnt that pre-mature? Nobody is saying the Rox are world beaters relax man. And nobody is saying Ariza is the next coming of scottie pippen eithier laker fans did enough of that last year.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Dude you were mentioning Arizas preseason stats in the NBA dicussion thread, wasnt that pre-mature? Nobody is saying the Rox are world beaters relax man. And nobody is saying Ariza is the next coming of scottie pippen eithier laker fans did enough of that last year.

I'm sorry Pete, you are generally pretty even but I have to agree on this. You showed his preseason % and said something about him not being so good w/o kobe specifially creating open looks for him, as if no one else possibly creates shots for people. So we're just as entitled to use an equally small (although more legit cuz the games count) sample size to say: wait a minute this guys playing pretty well and maybe he's a pretty good fit in this offense that's pretty much based on creating for the open man.

I'm sorry Pete, you are generally pretty even but I have to agree on this. You showed his preseason % and said something about him not being so good w/o kobe specifially creating open looks for him, as if no one else possibly creates shots for people. So we're just as entitled to use an equally small (although more legit cuz the games count) sample size to say: wait a minute this guys playing pretty well and maybe he's a pretty good fit in this offense that's pretty much based on creating for the open man.

And I'm pretty sure that I referenced it being preseason and that I'm interested to see how things go, as opposed to calling anyone out. I've watched 3 of your guys' games, and he hasn't added a skill set that makes me think that anything will be different...he's just ridiculously hot from 3 right now. I think he'll regress to the mean. We'll see.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Nov 3, 2009 at 12:45:10 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. you aren't like most.
Laker Ariza - "Ariza is great, him being out was the only reason we lost to Boston, he's great, etc"
Rocket Ariza - "He's not that good, really it's only because of kobe that he's even stayed in the league, he will regret leaving LA forever."
- Laker fans
Note: This exact argument, when flipped also applies to Ron Artest.
Share 49ersWebzone