LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Can Crabtree hit the ground running!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This year's receiving draft class, with the exception to Heyward-Bey, appears to be hitting ground running and contributing to their team - a talented group of receivers. Here's what they're doing.

- J[b]eremy Maclin: 12 rec for 187yrds and 2TDs. (QB: McNabb)

- Percy Harvin: 18 rec for 233yrds and 2 TDs. (QB: Favre)

- Hakim Nicks: 7 rec for 121yrds and 2 TDs. (QB: Eli)

- Kenny Britt: 19 rec for 289yrds. Leads team in yrds and rec. (QB: Collins)
[/b]
- Michael Crabtree: ? (GB: Hill)

There's no doubt about Crabtree's talent. Will it spill over to the NFL remains to be seen. The one glaring difference between those receivers above and Crabtree's possibilities, is the QB situation.

I know he's in the process of a learning curve; I understand this. I understand that our QB is only a duct tape fix; but when the ball touches Crabtree's hands, will he make us proud? Will he perform? Will he be average or electrify us with terrific hands and yards after the catch?

I'm very excited about seeing Crabtree play in a couple of weeks.

[ Edited by ObePwnD on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:31:49 ]
im excited too, but raye and sing will have crabtree block because of the run plays
hope so man, hope so. Nicks looks like a beast out there.

ON a side note, anyone know if that Julio Jones dude will be entering the draft?? I don't watch much college ball, but when I do, that guy always stands out!
not really. i don't see any of our wr's doing a whole lot like the others around the league. given the state of our o-line play & qb play. i'd say no
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
This year's receiving draft class, with the exception to Heyward-Bey, appears to be hitting ground running and contributing to their team - a talented group of receivers. Here's what they're doing.

- J[b]eremy Maclin: 12 rec for 187yrds and 2TDs. (QB: McNabb)

- Percy Harvin: 18 rec for 233yrds and 2 TDs. (QB: Favre)

- Hakim Nicks: 7 rec for 121yrds and 2 TDs. (QB: Eli)

- Kenny Britt: 19 rec for 289yrds. Leads team in yrds and rec. (QB: Collins)
[/b]
- Michael Crabtree: ? (GB: Hill)

There's no doubt about Crabtree's talent. Will it spill over to the NFL remains to be seen. The one glaring difference between those receivers above and Crabtree's possibilities, is the QB situation.

I know he's in the process of a learning curve; I understand this. I understand that our QB is only a duck tape fix; but when the ball touches Crabtree's hands, will he make us proud? Will he perform? Will he be average or electrify us with terrific hands and yards after the catch?

I'm very excited about seeing Crabtree play in a couple of weeks.

As long as someone keeps throwing to him. Otherwise, he won't be running, but crawling. However, I really, really love this kid's hands. I said it in another post about Hill mentioning Crabtree's hands as being late...yea, I found it!

"After his third practice with Crabtree, quarterback Shaun Hill told me he thought Crabtree could be a useful piece this year. "He's got strong hands, late hands,'' Hill said. "Late hands -- that's when the ball's over your shoulder and you either see it late or find it late, and you can get your hands up in time to catch it. He's not extremely tall, but he plays big. Long arms. He attacks the football when he catches it.''--http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/11/week5/1.html#ixzz0TvqmB5RE

He's going to need to use that ability of "late hands" to catch Hill's late balls because the timing will not be there. The kid just has a knack of catching everything around him...he had some ungodly high percentage in college catching the rock or duck in our case.

I keed, Shaun, I keed.
lol...duck tape
he doesn't play for GB
Sure he can....

As long as he's less than 15 yards away, Shaun "Noodle Arm" Hill will be able to fire dead ducks at his feet all day long!

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
hope so man, hope so. Nicks looks like a beast out there.

ON a side note, anyone know if that Julio Jones dude will be entering the draft?? I don't watch much college ball, but when I do, that guy always stands out!

He's a sophomore. I've heard many people say that even before the year started that he is the best WR in college football.
Originally posted by B_Carmine:
lol...duck tape

good one hehe

As long as we throw him that bubble screen, then yes.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

... and as long as he can catch with his feet.

Of course, maybe if Hill had more than .005 seconds to throw his dead ducks...
He can, I think he will get maybe 15 snaps vs Houston.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

It's wabbit season!!!

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

It's wabbit season!!!

LOL

In 49er land, it truly IS duck season!

Ugh...

Share 49ersWebzone