LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 334 users in the forums

Concerned about our backup RB's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know, I know, it seems like I always post something negative but you gotta feel me on this one:

Our backup Running Back, Glen Coffee has just not been getting the job done. He's had his fair share of carries already, 10 carries for 10 yards. I'm sorry, but for all the praise he was getting in the preseason, the dude is just not cutting it. If he continues like this, we need to do something for this position because Gore can't always carry us like he did in the last game.

s**t, even Shaun Hill has 1 carry for 17 yards, and Moran Norris has 3 for 17.

Coffee either needs to step his game up, or we need to look elsewhere for a backup, and soon.
Kory Sheets lovers in 5........4...........3..........2.....
I bet if Coffee is in for 5 or so carries before coming out, then he gets a rythm and a feel for the speed of the regular season and gets better. The speed is much faster now than it was in regular season.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I bet if Coffee is in for 5 or so carries before coming out, then he gets a rythm and a feel for the speed of the regular season and gets better. The speed is much faster now than it was in regular season.

Maybe, but you gotta agree that we need to see more improvement from him. When there's rookies coming in with immediate help for a team's run game, sometimes even starting, Coffee should have no excuses.
he just needs to get the ball more often. That's all. If Gore keeps doing what he's doing, he will never see those carries and I don't care.
Originally posted by Method:
I know, I know, it seems like I always post something negative but you gotta feel me on this one:

Our backup Running Back, Glen Coffee has just not been getting the job done. He's had his fair share of carries already, 10 carries for 10 yards. I'm sorry, but for all the praise he was getting in the preseason, the dude is just not cutting it. If he continues like this, we need to do something for this position because Gore can't always carry us like he did in the last game.

Coffee either needs to step his game up, or we need to look elsewhere for a backup, and soon.

This is a parody, right?

I mean really, what running back can't average five carries a game and develop continuity. He should have popped at least one 75+ yard run last Sunday. Gore did it twice!

On a serious note: Writing off a player after two games is exactly the type of behavior expected from a fair weather fan.

Method, come on man. We do not have a running-game-by-committee. Coffee sees the ball about as must as an Inmates sees p*ssy. Now, he has gotten some receptions out of the back field, and appears to have good hands. Give him a chance, because right now he's not getting the ball that much.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Maybe, but you gotta agree that we need to see more improvement from him. When there's rookies coming in with immediate help for a team's run game, sometimes even starting, Coffee should have no excuses.

Yeah but most of those rookies are not coming in when the defense is almost 100% geared and prepared for the run and stack 8+ men in the box.
Originally posted by redrathman:
On a serious note: Writing off a player after two games is exactly the type of behavior expected from a fair weather fan.

Sure it is. That's why I said it. I never liked the Niners that much anyways, I just post here when they are doing good, like the past 3 years! Only post here when the Niners are in the playoffs baby!
Even Gore didn't really show much until the last few games in his rookie season. And his running in the preseason of that rookie year wasn't all much to talk about.

Glen Coffee is a STARTER! November - December is when he'll show up.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Kory Sheets lovers in 5........4...........3..........2.....
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Method, come on man. We do not have a running-game-by-committee. Coffee sees the ball about as must as an Inmates sees p*ssy. Now, he has gotten some receptions out of the back field, and appears to have good hands. Give him a chance, because right now he's not getting the ball that much.

If we want to run the ball 60% of the time and see Gore last the entire season we should.

....choo chooo

what's that I hear?
  • stewama
  • Info N/A
This thread is nonsense. Gore was 22 for 30 yards in game 1, a 1.4 yards per carry average. Seattle committed too many men to the box and over-pursued on two plays, leading to two long TD runs. That doesn't change the fact that our O-line hasn't consistently opened many hole for our backs. Without those two busted plays, Gore is averaging 2.2 yards per carry on the season.

Coffee is fine. Relax.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

If we want to run the ball 60% of the time and see Gore last the entire season we should.

....choo chooo

what's that I hear?

You're right, TO. When we drafted Coffee, I thought that was the idea - running-back-by-committee. I guess I was wrong.

Share 49ersWebzone