There are 235 users in the forums

Why the 49ers go after Tim Tebow in 2010

"I want winners!"- Mike Singletary

Tim Tebow is strictly that, a winner.

I went to Nease highschool while Tebow was quarterback and was witness to his greatness many times. The dude once broke his leg in the 3rd quarter only to stay in the game and run a 27 yard touchdown in the 4th to tie the game. He led us to a championship victory in 2005 on a season where our only loss came to the # 2 ranked team in the nation Hoover Highschool. Tebow brought the school from a 2-8 season to a championship. He did that by making those around him stronger through courage and the spirit of winning. This guy knows how to motivate a team to win. He brought the gators back to beat Oklahoma in the BCS championship. Did you see him get fired up in the locker room? This guy is legendary and he needs to be on our roster next season, we wont regret using a 1st rounder on him.

Heres something else you wont regret, check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjXiTiw1118

[ Edited by Jax49er on Sep 15, 2009 at 01:11:46 ]
hell no. i just don't think he's gonna be that good in the nfl. do we really want another urban meyer qb?
I like Tebow a lot and I think he will become a good NFL QB. It just might take a few years for him to develop. Tebow has the skills and the will power to learn how to become a pro QB. I think he will use the criticism he will get as motivation to become a good QB.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jax49er:

I went to Nease highschool while Tebow was quarterback and was witness to his greatness many times. The dude once broke his leg in the 3rd quarter only to stay in the game and run a 27 yard touchdown in the 4th to tie the game. He led us to a championship victory in 2005 on a season where our only loss came to the # 2 ranked team in the nation Hoover Highschool. Tebow brought the school from a 2-8 season to a championship. He did that by making those around him stronger through courage and the spirit of winning. This guy knows how to motivate a team to win. He brought the gators back to beat Oklahoma in the BCS championship. Did you see him get fired up in the locker room? This guy is legendary and he needs to be on our roster next season, we wont regret using a 1st rounder on him.

I'm pretty sure its physically impossible to run on a broken leg.
Originally posted by Ether:

I'm pretty sure its physically impossible to run on a broken leg.

Especially for a highschool kid......
OK, say maybe it wasn't a complete break, but it was surely a solid sprain.

Seriously, I don't know if that's true, but I think he'll make a fine NFL QB. Every time I see him play, he sees to look better in the pocket. It'll be interesting to see where he's drafting next year.

After a couple of years on the bench to learn the offense and adjust his game to the pros, I think Tebow could be a beast.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
hell no. i just don't think he's gonna be that good in the nfl. do we really want another urban meyer qb?

Thank you
Hell no, id rather sign vinny testerverde
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

Thank you

Smith was truly a system QB. Tebow has been highly touted since high school. When he was in HS, ESPN was televising a couple of him games. That's rare that a guy comes up with that kind of following. Urban Meyer didn't make Tebow a star.
Tebow would do very well in our run oriented offense. Tebow can throw the short passes, occasionally throw the long ball, and runs like a fullback. I wouldn't mind using a 1st on him at all.

HELL NO, he reminds me of Alex Smith, gimmick offense, no thx.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Tebow would do very well in our run oriented offense. Tebow can throw the short passes, occasionally throw the long ball, and runs like a fullback. I wouldn't mind using a 1st on him at all.

Especially when we are going to have two 1st rounders.

[ Edited by Niner3030 on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:47:37 ]

I remember a lot of people on here didnt want Aaron Rodgers because he'd be "another Tedford QB"
  • dman
  • Veteran

I agree, I think Sing would love this guy.

Its hard to say where he will be drafted because there are questions about him and we will have to wait and see until he works out before the draft.

With Bradford's injury he has a chance to go #1 overall or he could drop to the middle or even end of the 1st round if he doesn't show good accuracy and a quick enough release, nobody knows yet but we have 2 firsts and we should really take a look at him.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
HELL NO, he reminds me of Alex Smith, gimmick offense, no thx.

He doesn't remind me of Alex Smith at all. Their builds are different. Plus, a lot of QBs in college are running gimmick offenses now.
Share 49ersWebzone