There are 198 users in the forums

Jason Hill speaks after the game....weird situation.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know....but man I thought when Nolan left that EGO before the team aura left with him....it doesn't seem like it......We'll see tomorrow....but I thought Sing and company want winners..... show me this and show me that.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/09/jason-hill-upset-with-lack-of-chances.html

Quote:
Hill, a San Francisco native, was living the dream when his hometown team selected him in the third round of the 2007 draft. The future looked bright when he moved into the role of the No. 3 receiver at the midpoint of last season. Hill caught 30 passes in the second half of the season after recording just one reception through his first season-and-a-half in the NFL.

But Hill never took that next step this summer during training camp. He turned into the forgotten man, as he was pushed to the back of the depth chart.

"Maybe the coaches don't like me or something," Hill said. "I don't know. I just haven't been getting enough reps. When I get reps, I make plays. I showed it last year when I get reps. When I get in a game, I make plays. I'm proving it on the field every time."

this is a very confusing situation....when usually when situations like these don't make much sense....then EGOs or things behind scenes take a higher priority than what is on the field....and if this is indeed the case tomorrow....that is quite sad for the out look of our team.
That better not be the case...as a coach you can't play favors. It will only hurt your team.
Well the dude knows he is going to get fired tomorrow anyway, so why not vent?
I think Jason Hill has talent and like the commentators were saying, he did make a lot of plays at the end of last season. Shaun Hill seemed to like him as a target. I hope he makes the roster and gets a fair shot at cracking the starting line up.

Bruce
Morgan
Hill
Battle
Spurlock

Brandon Jones is injured
Crabtree... well, we don't know what's going to happen with him so we need to work with what we've got.
I personally wouldn't be surprised if he is cut. Even if he's not, i think he goes when/if Crabtree signs.

-9fA
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I don't blame him. Why in the hell would you put Spurlock over him? Because of the whack ass wildcat? Bulls**t.

He came through for us last year and just like S.Hill. He should have earned more reps this pre-season and force Spurlock beat him out.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
I don't blame him. Why in the hell would you put Spurlock over him? Because of the whack ass wildcat? Bulls**t.

He came through for us last year and just like S.Hill. He should have earned more reps this pre-season and force Spurlock beat him out.

Originally posted by NickV:

I think Hill should get the nod over Spurlock but either way, neither is going to be seeing the field much during the regular season unless injuries occur.

Spurlock will probably make it on his versatility.

-9fA
Originally posted by zillabeast:

but why is he getting fired...

He has been healthy.

I don't think he dropped a ball in any of our preseason games.

He played well for us last year.....

its almost like they are trying to make an example out of him.....

but what is the lesson here....it doesn't matter how well you play?
WTF Is Scotty Mac thinking right now?

Originally posted by Afrikan:

He has been healthy.

There must be something that has gone on we are not privy to. Because on the face of it it makes no sense for Hill to be in a position to be cut. Personally, I have come to believe that Jerry Sullivan plays favorites. Hill must not be one of them.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

He has been healthy.

There must be something that has gone on we are not privy to. Because on the face of it it makes no sense for Hill to be in a position to be cut. Personally, I have come to believe that Jerry Sullivan plays favorites. Hill must not be one of them.

Well both Matt's reported that Hill has been less than spectacular in camp.

I totally agree that we're missing a lot of info.

-9fA
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Jason Hill doesn't have a Ego, he's simply frustrated that he's being tossed around like garbage and he's not. This guy makes plays.
  • B650
  • Veteran
How can we cut Jason Hill when Jones is hurt and Crabtree is acting like a little b***h and might not sign. Seems like we need WRs at this point. On top of that, Bruce and Battle aren't getting any younger.
I would've never even imagined Jason Hill even getting to the point of being cut! I remember after his clutch performances last season (making the right catches/blocks) he was going to be our future full-time slot WR to replace Battle.

For some reason though I agree with Jason, he got screwed out of camp time, maybe he's on Sing's bad side for being Martz's favorite?
Share 49ersWebzone