LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 389 users in the forums

Fans give Michael Vick standing ovation

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I'm completely ok with Vick being allowed to play football again, but a standing ovation? You've got to be kidding. Tom Brady out for essentially the whole year because of an injury and then coming back and playing is worthy of a standing ovation if you're a Pats fan, but Vick? No, that's completely inappropriate. What laudable thing has he done to deserve that?

He helped keep the pit bull population down. Damn kid killing dogs.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Good! If he were a niner, I'd do the same thing.

Just like 99.9% of fans would if he were on their favorite teams. Just some folks won't admit while behind there keyboards

Well, mark me down as being part of your assumed .10%. I wouldn't cheer for him in our uni.

There's plenty of athletes (some coaches, too) I didn't/or wouldn't cheer for if they were on my team.

Off the top of my head...

Didn't: Derek Fisher, Dennis Erickson, Hershiser

Wouldn't: L. Little, J. Stevens, Ray Lewis, Vick

Agreed. I would also add Barry Bonds, Kobe Bryant (at first, then I'd love him), and Jason Kidd (SO glad the Spurs never got him).
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by valrod33:

this
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by valrod33:

this
I'd never cheer for him either he's definitely goes on my list of players that I have no respect for or strongly dislike.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The guy did his time, in fact I think he did more than the average Joe would have done, I think his celebrity worked against him. I wonder if McNabb regrets campaigning for Vick. As soon as McNabb has a bad set of downs the fans will be calling for Vick.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
I'd never cheer for him either he's definitely goes on my list of players that I have no respect for or strongly dislike.

This. Plus, I hope he injuries his throwing arm.
He's only sorry cause he lost everything. Once a thug, always a thug
Share 49ersWebzone