LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

Originally posted by jrg:
Sources: Mr. McMahon suffers broken pelvis due to Brock Lesnar attack

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-01-28/mr-mcmahon-injury-update-after-brock-lesnar-attack

Clearing the way for Triple H?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-01-28/mr-mcmahon-injury-update-after-brock-lesnar-attack

Clearing the way for Triple H?

Seems likely. But honestly, when they post this stuff on their website its usually true (not just storyline)

I'm sure they'll USE it in the storyline, but I'm sure his pelvis is really broken.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Wouldn't shock me if couple other ppl in this thread reacted the same way. CM Punk has been boring for several months and has run out of things to say...change was needed. Thank God he is no longer the champ.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Wouldn't shock me if couple other ppl in this thread reacted the same way. CM Punk has been boring for several months and has run out of things to say...change was needed. Thank God he is no longer the champ.

Yep. It was the same s**t every week.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Hahaha I love seeing everyone getting all worked up about this

That PPV was f**king awesome though

Despite the lack of surprises, the Rumble Match was very very good

The Rock is WWE Champion

I need a cold shower now

This. Plus, too many ppl in here hate Cena and whenever he wins a big match - they will say..."predictable" lol - had he won the money in the bank from Ziggler - everyone would have said..."predictable"

So glad to see Rock win the title. Punk has not said anything new since summer.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM ]
I think a new thread needs to be created.

Before every pay-per-view, everybody can make their predictions on the "obvious" outcome of each match.

Seems to me that every outcome possible is "obvious" with 20/20 hindsight. In this day and age, it's virtually impossible to sneak anybody famous half way across the country w/o somebody recognizing so-and-so is on a plane bound for (pay-per-view) City and it hits the nets.

My gripe is strictly with the PG limits on the show. Everything is in place for the show to go into a new, but different, "Attitude Era". It just ain't gonna happen until WWE Management grows a pair and says "up yours" to the threatened boycotts.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I think a new thread needs to be created.

Before every pay-per-view, everybody can make their predictions on the "obvious" outcome of each match.

Seems to me that every outcome possible is "obvious" with 20/20 hindsight. In this day and age, it's virtually impossible to sneak anybody famous half way across the country w/o somebody recognizing so-and-so is on a plane bound for (pay-per-view) City and it hits the nets.

My gripe is strictly with the PG limits on the show. Everything is in place for the show to go into a new, but different, "Attitude Era". It just ain't gonna happen until WWE Management grows a pair and says "up yours" to the threatened boycotts.
I watch TNA doe.
Other wrestling threads pull on the short and curlies of the other cool guy non wrestling fan zoners.

BTW that divas match......WTF? Seeing vaj fly is cool with me, but they get like 4 minutes tops and they didn't even have a winner or a DQ.
I'd rather see nip slips than Tensai and The Funkasaurus danceoff.
oh and we almost saw CM lose it , pipe bomb status, when he made that valid point of the Rock only getting a title shot or rematch when his schedule is open.
Punk ALMOST went over the wall.. So close. He did seem legitimately pist.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
oh and we almost saw CM lose it , pipe bomb status, when he made that valid point of the Rock only getting a title shot or rematch when his schedule is open.

i was trying to find the clip for that from last night.couldn't find it yet on youtube.

but ya, it was great. he basically said the truth in that "promo" that he worked over 400 days to bring prestige back to the title, and here comes the rock and does something nobody else has been able to do (including Cena/Ryback) for over 400 days, and that was beat the punk (and doing so legit, with a crappy ending i might add) . i loved how he said that if he (the rock) actually loved this company and cared for it like he claims, he would give him back the title that he stole, good metaphor for the actual back door politics

overall, that's all it was, it was a good promo. the rock sold it well, by getting "pissed" and punk also sold it well. that was a promo not intended for the 10 and under crowd.

the truth is punk and rock did a have a real feud a while ago, but a lot of that has changed. everybody and their baby mama for the past 6 months knew that rock was gonna win, and cena was gonna beat him at mania. if punk wasn't ok with this, i truly believed he would've quit a long time ago. if we knew this was going down, im sure punk new. i expect to see more edgy/raw/"real" promos from them, and hopefully cena brings the same edginess he did last year with the rock.
and wtf, i thought it was one of the best raw's in a long time.

good match with sandow and sheamus

jericho / ziggler was fun

orton / cesaro was pretty good

heyman / vince promo was great, and it also took me by surprise, i really thought he was gonna fire heyman, until brock came out

but lol at cena / rhodes match. cena needs to stop attempting athletic wrestling moves, that drop kick was so horrible they should've let cody do it to show him hows it done.

i think tensai is one of the dumbest gimmicks ever, so to see him dance last night in lingerie and actually pull it off was funny!

and rock / punk promo imo it's one of the best of this era... and glad to see the shield beating everybody up this time.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jan 29, 2013 at 9:48 AM ]

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

i was trying to find the clip for that from last night.couldn't find it yet on youtube.

but ya, it was great. he basically said the truth in that "promo" that he worked over 400 days to bring prestige back to the title, and here comes the rock and does something nobody else has been able to do (including Cena/Ryback) for over 400 days, and that was beat the punk (and doing so legit, with a crappy ending i might add) . i loved how he said that if he (the rock) actually loved this company and cared for it like he claims, he would give him back the title that he stole, good metaphor for the actual back door politics

overall, that's all it was, it was a good promo. the rock sold it well, by getting "pissed" and punk also sold it well. that was a promo not intended for the 10 and under crowd.

the truth is punk and rock did a have a real feud a while ago, but a lot of that has changed. everybody and their baby mama for the past 6 months knew that rock was gonna win, and cena was gonna beat him at mania. if punk wasn't ok with this, i truly believed he would've quit a long time ago. if we knew this was going down, im sure punk new. i expect to see more edgy/raw/"real" promos from them, and hopefully cena brings the same edginess he did last year with the rock.
I also liked it when Punk said, ''I'm going to stand here like a punk ass b*tch, because it's cool to curse.''

Pretty much saying that Rock has to curse to get over with the crowd when everyone else isn't allowed to . Around that area.
I also liked it when Punk said, ''I'm going to stand here like a punk ass b*tch, because it's cool to curse.''

Pretty much saying that Rock has to curse to get over with the crowd when everyone else isn't allowed to . Around that area.

The only guys who I see get a pass on this on a regular basis, is jericho and the rock, and whoever they are involved in a feud with seem to get a pass on this as well.

i remember a long time ago reading a "report" (not sure how true it was) but it stated that after the rock quit the WWE, he wasn't gonna come back under the PG era, ever, then jericho stated his dislike for the PG era in the past. so idk, maybe this was the only way they would've came back, even if it was a part time thing, if they were allowed to be "themselves", this way the company can still get away with being PG since its maybe for 4-6 shows a year, if that...
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jan 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM ]

Vinnie Mac is too old to be doing this s***.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

I really doubt it's true. Just like how Lesnar "broke" Triple H and Shawn Michaels' arms. Just like The Shield caused The Rock to have internal bleeding.
If it was legit I think it would be on national news. A lot of them look for any reason to blast professional wrestling, especially Vince McMahon.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

I really doubt it's true. Just like how Lesnar "broke" Triple H and Shawn Michaels' arms. Just like The Shield caused The Rock to have internal bleeding.
If it was legit I think it would be on national news. A lot of them look for any reason to blast professional wrestling, especially Vince McMahon.

Like I said before, none of these were reported on their website. Usually WWE reports injuries on their website if they are legit.
Share 49ersWebzone