LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

royal rumble was a good show, but I also don't wanna see the rock with the belt

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
im done with WWE until wrestlemania is over. this is a joke. i understand that it's a business and they need to make money

That's the bottom line though.

Rock generates more money. More publicity. More ratings. More ratings gets more guys noticed on TV. It's their chance to shine.

Thats what people don't understand. The Rock having the belt is better for EVERYBODY involved with WWE, even Punk. Better for short term and better for long term. This loss hurt nobody except for whiny Punk fans.
Also Cena winning hurt nobody either. Ziggler didn't need as he already has the MITB. The only one that could have used it other than Cena was Ryback and people would've b***hed even more about that.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
im done with WWE until wrestlemania is over. this is a joke. i understand that it's a business and they need to make money

That's the bottom line though.

Rock generates more money. More publicity. More ratings. More ratings gets more guys noticed on TV. It's their chance to shine.

Thats what people don't understand. The Rock having the belt is better for EVERYBODY involved with WWE, even Punk. Better for short term and better for long term. This loss hurt nobody except for whiny Punk fans.
Also Cena winning hurt nobody either. Ziggler didn't need as he already has the MITB. The only one that could have used it other than Cena was Ryback and people would've b***hed even more about that.

i could've cared less who the champ that lost to the rock. the point is that they are taking out any shock, any "i didnt see that coming moment" that the WWE used to be full of. you didnt even have to go to insider wrestling sites to know that this was in the plans for a long time. this s**t just doesn't make sense:

take for example ryback. they've been building him up for about 6 months now? put a lot of work into him, they've been featuring him every week in main even status promos or matches. then they tried to bring that "prestige" back to the WWE belt for over a year now; making punk do some stale and boring promos at times, about how much the belt means to him, how important it is, ect. which made good sense with the storyline and into building the cm punk heel character up some more.

so here's cm punk, a fully established heel, he has brought the "respect" back to the title, he's the best in the world. now here comes this animal in ryback, the person the WWE has spent a lot of time into making him look legit - time for him to show that he's the best in world, right? no... let's go back to ruining the "prestige" that has been put back into the title, lets let a former WWE superstar, now actor, come in the WWE cut a couple promos, and then win the title.

i'm sure everybody in the back, including cm punk, are just full of joy about the rock winning the title. all these people that have jobbed for punk (on top of all the guys that jobbed for ryback), helping him as a heel and also making the championship belt not look like such a joke anymore, i bet they are glad that the guy who wrestles a match once a year and hasn't done s**t for the company up until a month ago, go on and wins the belt.

and why is this so much better "everybody"? this isnt TNA...people know what the WWE is! it's not breaking news! the company has already been put on the map, it's time to put the people who help make the company what it is on the map.
i could've cared less who the champ that lost to the rock. the point is that they are taking out any shock, any "i didnt see that coming moment" that the WWE used to be full of. you didnt even have to go to insider wrestling sites to know that this was in the plans for a long time. this s**t just doesn't make sense:

take for example ryback. they've been building him up for about 6 months now? put a lot of work into him, they've been featuring him every week in main even status promos or matches. then they tried to bring that "prestige" back to the WWE belt for over a year now; making punk do some stale and boring promos at times, about how much the belt means to him, how important it is, ect. which made good sense with the storyline and into building the cm punk heel character up some more.

so here's cm punk, a fully established heel, he has brought the "respect" back to the title, he's the best in the world. now here comes this animal in ryback, the person the WWE has spent a lot of time into making him look legit - time for him to show that he's the best in world, right? no... let's go back to ruining the "prestige" that has been put back into the title, lets let a former WWE superstar, now actor, come in the WWE cut a couple promos, and then win the title.

i'm sure everybody in the back, including cm punk, are just full of joy about the rock winning the title. all these people that have jobbed for punk (on top of all the guys that jobbed for ryback), helping him as a heel and also making the championship belt not look like such a joke anymore, i bet they are glad that the guy who wrestles a match once a year and hasn't done s**t for the company up until a month ago, go on and wins the belt.

and why is this so much better "everybody"? this isnt TNA...people know what the WWE is! it's not breaking news! the company has already been put on the map, it's time to put the people who help make the company what it is on the map.

I see your point.

Still.

ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!!!

I see your point.

Still.

ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!!!

loved the rock. by far my favorite wrestler of the attitude era. i cheered for him as heel and as a face. it was just the wrong move to do...he should just take a page our jericho's book. you can still draw fans, ratings, and not be the champ.
btw, i thought the show/adr match stole the show. i was surprised how fresh they were able to make that match
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
This was pretty cool too

TBH I just wanted to see the rumble. Everything else was a bonus. It's not like I paid for this anyways

I don't recall a divas match. What's up with that? Attitude era had a whole half hour of puppies nightly.
Bo whatshis face got a newbie push. Meh, I say, meh.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
TBH I just wanted to see the rumble. Everything else was a bonus. It's not like I paid for this anyways

I don't recall a divas match. What's up with that? Attitude era had a whole half hour of puppies nightly.

Thank god

predictability aside, they still have to figure out what to do with

taker
Lesnar
Ziggler and his MITB clause
Hmmm
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I thought Bo Dallas had a pretty good showing. He eliminated Wade Barrett and then he pulled him out and nailed him with an elbow. He's gonna be a mainstay on the roster and I imagine feud with him for the IC belt. Good wrestling bloodlines. His grandfather was one of the original Blackjacks, his dad is Mike Rotunda (IRS), and Barry Windham is his uncle.
"This year's Hall of Fame class looks to be made up of Mick Foley, Bob Backlund, Trish Stratus, Kamala and DX, plus Bruno Sammartino if the reports of them working out a deal are true."
Lesnar signed new 2yr deal with WWE.

Jericho's deal is through WM , and could turn Heel, if so I hope it's a Y2J heel, and not this fancy big words Heel. Possibly against Ryback at WM
Share 49ersWebzone