There are 138 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, Impact, etc)

Originally posted by btthepunk:
- As noted earlier, WWE has signed Chris Jericho to a short-term deal. Jericho will be working full-time through WrestleMania 29, according to multiple sources. Following a feud with Dolph Ziggler, Jericho is scheduled to turn heel. Backstage talk at the Royal Rumble was that Jericho will face Ryback at WrestleMania 29 but that's not confirmed.

felt like they hurt rybacks push as well
did that fat kid have grey hair?

Turn into TNA if you feel that bad. How could you not see this coming anyways?
im done with WWE until wrestlemania is over. this is a joke. i understand that it's a business and they need to make money, but come the f**k on. ive known this outcome for months now, everybody has, if anything was a shock last night is that they decided to go with it. i hope that punk, ziggler, bryant, tyson kidd, all jump ship and go to TNA, maybe i'll start watching that, but they'll probably s**t on them even there and give the title to brooke hogan or some s**t. vince just needs to have a stroke already and stop trying to run the company.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
im done with WWE until wrestlemania is over. this is a joke. i understand that it's a business and they need to make money


That's the bottom line though.

Rock generates more money. More publicity. More ratings. More ratings gets more guys noticed on TV. It's their chance to shine.
royal rumble was a good show, but I also don't wanna see the rock with the belt



























Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
im done with WWE until wrestlemania is over. this is a joke. i understand that it's a business and they need to make money


That's the bottom line though.

Rock generates more money. More publicity. More ratings. More ratings gets more guys noticed on TV. It's their chance to shine.

Thats what people don't understand. The Rock having the belt is better for EVERYBODY involved with WWE, even Punk. Better for short term and better for long term. This loss hurt nobody except for whiny Punk fans.
Also Cena winning hurt nobody either. Ziggler didn't need as he already has the MITB. The only one that could have used it other than Cena was Ryback and people would've b***hed even more about that.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
im done with WWE until wrestlemania is over. this is a joke. i understand that it's a business and they need to make money


That's the bottom line though.

Rock generates more money. More publicity. More ratings. More ratings gets more guys noticed on TV. It's their chance to shine.

Thats what people don't understand. The Rock having the belt is better for EVERYBODY involved with WWE, even Punk. Better for short term and better for long term. This loss hurt nobody except for whiny Punk fans.
Also Cena winning hurt nobody either. Ziggler didn't need as he already has the MITB. The only one that could have used it other than Cena was Ryback and people would've b***hed even more about that.

i could've cared less who the champ that lost to the rock. the point is that they are taking out any shock, any "i didnt see that coming moment" that the WWE used to be full of. you didnt even have to go to insider wrestling sites to know that this was in the plans for a long time. this s**t just doesn't make sense:

take for example ryback. they've been building him up for about 6 months now? put a lot of work into him, they've been featuring him every week in main even status promos or matches. then they tried to bring that "prestige" back to the WWE belt for over a year now; making punk do some stale and boring promos at times, about how much the belt means to him, how important it is, ect. which made good sense with the storyline and into building the cm punk heel character up some more.

so here's cm punk, a fully established heel, he has brought the "respect" back to the title, he's the best in the world. now here comes this animal in ryback, the person the WWE has spent a lot of time into making him look legit - time for him to show that he's the best in world, right? no... let's go back to ruining the "prestige" that has been put back into the title, lets let a former WWE superstar, now actor, come in the WWE cut a couple promos, and then win the title.

i'm sure everybody in the back, including cm punk, are just full of joy about the rock winning the title. all these people that have jobbed for punk (on top of all the guys that jobbed for ryback), helping him as a heel and also making the championship belt not look like such a joke anymore, i bet they are glad that the guy who wrestles a match once a year and hasn't done s**t for the company up until a month ago, go on and wins the belt.

and why is this so much better "everybody"? this isnt TNA...people know what the WWE is! it's not breaking news! the company has already been put on the map, it's time to put the people who help make the company what it is on the map.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
i could've cared less who the champ that lost to the rock. the point is that they are taking out any shock, any "i didnt see that coming moment" that the WWE used to be full of. you didnt even have to go to insider wrestling sites to know that this was in the plans for a long time. this s**t just doesn't make sense:

take for example ryback. they've been building him up for about 6 months now? put a lot of work into him, they've been featuring him every week in main even status promos or matches. then they tried to bring that "prestige" back to the WWE belt for over a year now; making punk do some stale and boring promos at times, about how much the belt means to him, how important it is, ect. which made good sense with the storyline and into building the cm punk heel character up some more.

so here's cm punk, a fully established heel, he has brought the "respect" back to the title, he's the best in the world. now here comes this animal in ryback, the person the WWE has spent a lot of time into making him look legit - time for him to show that he's the best in world, right? no... let's go back to ruining the "prestige" that has been put back into the title, lets let a former WWE superstar, now actor, come in the WWE cut a couple promos, and then win the title.

i'm sure everybody in the back, including cm punk, are just full of joy about the rock winning the title. all these people that have jobbed for punk (on top of all the guys that jobbed for ryback), helping him as a heel and also making the championship belt not look like such a joke anymore, i bet they are glad that the guy who wrestles a match once a year and hasn't done s**t for the company up until a month ago, go on and wins the belt.

and why is this so much better "everybody"? this isnt TNA...people know what the WWE is! it's not breaking news! the company has already been put on the map, it's time to put the people who help make the company what it is on the map.


I see your point.


Still.



ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!!!



Originally posted by zillabeast:
I see your point.


Still.



ROCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!!!




loved the rock. by far my favorite wrestler of the attitude era. i cheered for him as heel and as a face. it was just the wrong move to do...he should just take a page our jericho's book. you can still draw fans, ratings, and not be the champ.

btw, i thought the show/adr match stole the show. i was surprised how fresh they were able to make that match
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 152,980
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 152,980
This was pretty cool too

TBH I just wanted to see the rumble. Everything else was a bonus. It's not like I paid for this anyways

I don't recall a divas match. What's up with that? Attitude era had a whole half hour of puppies nightly.
Bo whatshis face got a newbie push. Meh, I say, meh.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 152,980
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
TBH I just wanted to see the rumble. Everything else was a bonus. It's not like I paid for this anyways

I don't recall a divas match. What's up with that? Attitude era had a whole half hour of puppies nightly.
Bo whatshis face got a newbie push. Meh, I say, meh.

Thank god
Share 49erswebzone