LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Wrestling Thread (WWE, AEW, etc)

• Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:
DVR'ed it and trying to watch.

Honestly not holding my attention at all. Opens with a group song aimed at 8 year olds. S-T-U-P-I-D, B-O-R-I-N-G, Bad performances (Cena couldn't even perform his lines seriously near the beginning they were so bad). Repeat matches. Predictable.

Hopefully it gets better, but I'm not optimistic

It was a Christmas show afterall... The Punk segment was great (of course, as always). And....

[ Edited by Paul on Dec 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM ]
Watched that NWO doc on Netflix last night. Amazing how much better wrestling used to be. I miss the days of a wrestler coming out to make the save and the crowd going ballistic. Just don't have that anymore. Seriously, youtube a Sting/NWO video or Stone Cold. People went nuts.
Originally posted by sachie23:
Watched that NWO doc on Netflix last night. Amazing how much better wrestling used to be. I miss the days of a wrestler coming out to make the save and the crowd going ballistic. Just don't have that anymore. Seriously, youtube a Sting/NWO video or Stone Cold. People went nuts.

@realDDP @ChuckTaylor925 Chuck now that's POP you're right bro... You don't even have to hear the sound to know that the fans are Screaming Crazy!

Kevin Nash, on the other hand hated that moment and blocked me from le twitter. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Originally posted by Paul:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
DVR'ed it and trying to watch.

Honestly not holding my attention at all. Opens with a group song aimed at 8 year olds. S-T-U-P-I-D, B-O-R-I-N-G, Bad performances (Cena couldn't even perform his lines seriously near the beginning they were so bad). Repeat matches. Predictable.

Hopefully it gets better, but I'm not optimistic

It was a Christmas show afterall... The Punk segment was great (of course, as always). And....

who's the guy in the middle, and I knew DB was dating one of the bella twins
That guy wears the jorts everywhere he goes , huh?
  • bors
  • Veteran
jortz ftw
shemaus vs alberto vs big show at the rumble?

I can dig that.
It's all a matter of preferences, I know. I can't stand to watch WWE any more. The few times I can watch it on television, I become violently ill, so I switch channels. This is from a guy who watches almost everything to do with sports and that includes darts.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
It's all a matter of preferences, I know. I can't stand to watch WWE any more. The few times I can watch it on television, I become violently ill, so I switch channels. This is from a guy who watches almost everything to do with sports and that includes darts.

Netflix is where it's at for me right now.

Just finished Stone Cold's doc. REALLY good stuff. I knew I wasn't the only one who thinks that Micheal P.S. Hayes is the best promo man of all time.
When I need a wrestling fix, I look at old AWA,. NWA etc clips on YouTube.

• jrg
  • Veteran

"Dean Ambrose" of "The Shield" is truly nuts. What he does on WWE is patty cakes compared to what he did on CZW as Jon Moxley.
Ever heard of Thumbtack Jack? He quit wrestling altogether after some horrific injuries, Comes from an area not far from where I live. One of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet. Goes to school in Munich. Could be a holy terror once in the ring. Anyway, he and Moxley had some unforgettable matches,
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:

its been done before but at least they're stepping up their game.

jaja
Does Michel P.S.. Hayes have a doc on him on Netflix?

I don't think he has a twitter.

The best thing about twitter is that wrestlers will talk to you. I've had convos with SuperMex and even the Hulkster himself replied to me.
Share 49ersWebzone