LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Diaz was outclassed. He didn't even threaten Henderson.
i would rather see henderson-melendez than henderson-pettis 2
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
damn son. Diaz got worked! Also surprised Macdonald didn't finish off Penn.
Originally posted by strickac:

What his jujitsu was awesome he almost had Henderson multiple times... There is a reason the score was so close, its because that fight could have easily gone either way, a great fight between two different styles. He was beat but I wouldn't be sad to see a rematch.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
damn son. Diaz got worked! Also surprised Macdonald didn't finish off Penn.

Mcdonald was stalling so much that last round he knew he had the fight won, energy level in the last round was wayyyy down
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

What his jujitsu was awesome he almost had Henderson multiple times... There is a reason the score was so close, its because that fight could have easily gone either way, a great fight between two different styles. He was beat but I wouldn't be sad to see a rematch.

the score were 50-45, 50-45, and 50-43, if you think he was close to submitting henderson, you havent watched enough ben henderson fights
Originally posted by crabman82:

the score were 50-45, 50-45, and 50-43, if you think he was close to submitting henderson, you havent watched enough ben henderson fights

Yeah the only chance Diaz had was jiu jitsu, and save for a couple of good tries he was thoroughly outclassed. Henderson was just too quick and too strong. He couldn't even generate the stockton slap after his legs were destroyed.

So who's next for Henderson? rematch with Pettis? Maynard?, possibly Aldo?
Jones has such a huge reach advantage with everyone. Guss neutralizes that. Plus he's dangerous in his own right. I like his chances.

Jones will still have a significant reach advantage against Guss. But the technical striking and toughness and durability of Guss should worry Jones. Jones needs tighten up his standup if he's going to fight Guss otherwise he's going to be in for a shock.
Originally posted by jimrat:
I don't think I ever seen a man with wing tattoo's on his back lol

I was going to get angel wings tatted on my back last year. Kind of Glad I didn't .I see alot of botched wing tattoos this year.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Jones has such a huge reach advantage with everyone. Guss neutralizes that. Plus he's dangerous in his own right. I like his chances.

Jones will still have a significant reach advantage against Guss. But the technical striking and toughness and durability of Guss should worry Jones. Jones needs tighten up his standup if he's going to fight Guss otherwise he's going to be in for a shock.
Guss needs to tighten up his defense because Rua was landing some clean shots on Guss.

Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Guss needs to tighten up his defense because Rua was landing some clean shots on Guss.
Yeah but Shogun usually comes in with a great game plan and believe it or not Guss had only a 1/2 inch reach advantage on Shogun. And Shogun is a much better striker than Jones.
Machida and Rua had success against Jones, but you got the sense that it was just a matter of time before Jones would catch them, which he did. So far, everyone has to rush in on Jones to hit him and that's when they're most vulnerable. Guss can strike at a distance and he's very active. I'd give Jones the strength advantage, but I think they match up well.

If Guss is sloppy and eats too many shots, it could be a short night. However, we haven't seen Jones take any punishment. If Guss can have some success early, it could really throw Jones off his game. It's kind of like Lesnar. He wasn't used to getting hit and when Cain swarmed him, he panicked and looked like an amateur.

I'm excited to see that matchup. I don't really see anyone else right now that can matchup with Jones. Machida is the only person I feel could beat him and he'd have to fight a perfect fight to do so.
no one's had an answer for that thrust leg kick from Jones...............
UFC pulled off a GREAT card on FOX this past weekend. All the fights were good. Sad to see BJ get dominated the way he did. I agree with most about MacDonald being a classless punk. I hope he does get the rematch against Condit or a fight against Hendricks so he gets his ass beat.

Shogun did the best he could against a taller fighter, but Gusstafson showed that he may still be a few fights away from beating someone like Jones. He's tall, but his reach won't be much of a factor. His best chances against Jones would be his kicks. Still a Shogun fan, doe!

HENDERSON!!!!! The guy is a beast. I don't think anyone has a shot against him at 155 unless Aldo moves up.

Major shoutout to three fighters on the undercard: Siver, Trujillo, and Cruickshank. Siver is dominant at the featherweight division showing a great overall game. Abel Trujillo out of the Blackzillian camp is gonna be an absolute force if he can handle the weight cut. Cruickshank looked impressive showing off all the different angles he throws his kicks. Excited for these fighters.
Originally posted by crabman82:

5 rounds to 0 is pretty close though, TBPH IMHO FFIW
Share 49ersWebzone