• Veteran
Diaz getting f**ked up
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
GREAT FIGHT!!!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I thought Diaz was gonna win but I'm glad he got destroyed
Diaz was outclassed. He didn't even threaten Henderson.
i would rather see henderson-melendez than henderson-pettis 2
damn son. Diaz got worked! Also surprised Macdonald didn't finish off Penn.
Originally posted by strickac:

What his jujitsu was awesome he almost had Henderson multiple times... There is a reason the score was so close, its because that fight could have easily gone either way, a great fight between two different styles. He was beat but I wouldn't be sad to see a rematch.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
damn son. Diaz got worked! Also surprised Macdonald didn't finish off Penn.

Mcdonald was stalling so much that last round he knew he had the fight won, energy level in the last round was wayyyy down
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

What his jujitsu was awesome he almost had Henderson multiple times... There is a reason the score was so close, its because that fight could have easily gone either way, a great fight between two different styles. He was beat but I wouldn't be sad to see a rematch.

the score were 50-45, 50-45, and 50-43, if you think he was close to submitting henderson, you havent watched enough ben henderson fights
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

the score were 50-45, 50-45, and 50-43, if you think he was close to submitting henderson, you havent watched enough ben henderson fights

Yeah the only chance Diaz had was jiu jitsu, and save for a couple of good tries he was thoroughly outclassed. Henderson was just too quick and too strong. He couldn't even generate the stockton slap after his legs were destroyed.

So who's next for Henderson? rematch with Pettis? Maynard?, possibly Aldo?
Jones has such a huge reach advantage with everyone. Guss neutralizes that. Plus he's dangerous in his own right. I like his chances.

Jones will still have a significant reach advantage against Guss. But the technical striking and toughness and durability of Guss should worry Jones. Jones needs tighten up his standup if he's going to fight Guss otherwise he's going to be in for a shock.