There are 215 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Funny that you posted that article, feeeever. Dana White just announced that Jon Jones would be coaching the next season of TUF against..................CHAEL SONNEN. Shooting will start at the end of the month with the fight being held in April. It'll be a little weird if this fight still happens and Sonnen loses to Forrest Griffin.

awesome timing. haha!!

as much as i dislike sonnen, and i'm not anti-jones........ i want to root for sonnen this just for this season. (that's until sonnen opens his mouth)

Match doesn't make any sense besides being a grudge match, but Dana has listened to the fans that say they want to see Sonnen get destroyed. For me, I'm 50/50 on the fight. On one side, I say let the fight happen since there really isn't a challenge for Jones at that time early in 2013 (Shogun/Gustaffson and Henderson/Machida all happen late 2012 or early 2013). On the other side, the match won't make any sense if Sonnen loses to Griffin.

yeah if he loses to Forrest (again) it could be a biggest disaster than UFC151............ ok maybe not that bad.

from a business standpoint, i'm wondering if they should cancel/replace that fight just in case. Griffin/Vitor or something........

Vitor is probably not an option since he's still healing from his fight against Jones. I
Vitor is probably not an option since he's still healing from his fight against Jones. I

by december though? he took the Jones fight on short notice..... you're probably right though.
Jones is going to kill Sonnen. I will enjoy it.
Funny that you posted that article, feeeever. Dana White just announced that Jon Jones would be coaching the next season of TUF against..................CHAEL SONNEN. Shooting will start at the end of the month with the fight being held in April. It'll be a little weird if this fight still happens and Sonnen loses to Forrest Griffin.

awesome timing. haha!!

as much as i dislike sonnen, and i'm not anti-jones........ i want to root for sonnen this just for this season. (that's until sonnen opens his mouth)

Match doesn't make any sense besides being a grudge match, but Dana has listened to the fans that say they want to see Sonnen get destroyed. For me, I'm 50/50 on the fight. On one side, I say let the fight happen since there really isn't a challenge for Jones at that time early in 2013 (Shogun/Gustaffson and Henderson/Machida all happen late 2012 or early 2013). On the other side, the match won't make any sense if Sonnen loses to Griffin.

yeah if he loses to Forrest (again) it could be a biggest disaster than UFC151............ ok maybe not that bad.

from a business standpoint, i'm wondering if they should cancel/replace that fight just in case. Griffin/Vitor or something........

even if Jinning
Let em all fight. In the end it's going to be Glover Texeira's reign. I'm hooked. This guy is a beast. He fights like Mike Tyson in the clinch, has tremendous cardio, tremendous GnP, and just loves to choke people out with a variety of moves.

Jones is going to move to HW to avoid Glover.

We'll have to wait and see what he does against top tier LHW competition of course but according to Rogan, Fabio Maldonado was the only guy who agreed to step in and fight Glover at UFC 153 last minute when Rampage went out with an injury. No one else wanted a piece.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 19, 2012 at 6:48 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Let em all fight. In the end it's going to be Glover Texeira's reign. I'm hooked. This guy is a beast. He fights like Mike Tyson in the clinch, has tremendous cardio, tremendous GnP, and just loves to choke people out with a variety of moves.

Jones is going to move to HW to avoid Glover.

We'll have to wait and see what he does against top tier LHW competition of course but according to Rogan, Fabio Maldonado was the only guy who agreed to step in and fight Glover at UFC 153 last minute when Rampage went out with an injury. No one else wanted a piece.

Texeira is NO JOKE. You're right with the Tyson comparison as far as styles. His short hooks and crosses are devastating. He needs to keep his hands up a little more, though. And what will be a HUGE factor if he fights Bones is when Jones throws those front kicks to his opponents knees.
Texeira is NO JOKE. You're right with the Tyson comparison as far as styles. His short hooks and crosses are devastating. He needs to keep his hands up a little more, though. And what will be a HUGE factor if he fights Bones is when Jones throws those front kicks to his opponents knees.

i still don't get why people just stand there and take it on the knee when they fight bones............... circle!!

i still don't get why people just stand there and take it on the knee when they fight bones............... circle!!

You can circle all you want, but if you want to be able to throw a punch, you'll have to stop and set your feet. If your plan is to circle, then it's evident that the fighter needs to take Jones down.
With Chael Sonnen taking on the gig to coach opposite Jon Jones leading up to their bout next year, Mr. Wonderful, Phil Davis, has stepped up to fight Forrest Griffin on UFC 155.

You can circle all you want, but if you want to be able to throw a punch, you'll have to stop and set your feet. If your plan is to circle, then it's evident that the fighter needs to take Jones down.

with those long legs you're not gonna be able to land a punch anyways if you stand there.

not trying to pretend i know the secret to beating jones, but what most people try and do doesn't work.
With Chael Sonnen taking on the gig to coach opposite Jon Jones leading up to their bout next year, Mr. Wonderful, Phil Davis, has stepped up to fight Forrest Griffin on UFC 155.

good move, this should be interesting.

with those long legs you're not gonna be able to land a punch anyways if you stand there.

not trying to pretend i know the secret to beating jones, but what most people try and do doesn't work.

What I want to see is a fighter to work the leg kicks. This is a big reason why I feel like Gustaffson may have a shot at Jones. He's long and throws very good leg kicks.

What I want to see is a fighter to work the leg kicks. This is a big reason why I feel like Gustaffson may have a shot at Jones. He's long and throws very good leg kicks.

exactly. jones got some chicken legs
Anderson Silva says he would fight Bones Jones under the right circumstances. s**t, they better figure it out soon cuz he's not getting any younger.
Anderson Silva says he would fight Bones Jones under the right circumstances. s**t, they better figure it out soon cuz he's not getting any younger.

Honestly? Silva would whoop that ass.