LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 442 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
how to lose to jon jones:

1. step into the cage with Jones..

fixed.

I don't see anyone beating him at LHW. Too bad Anderson doesn't want to move up to fight him.

What about rising LHW Glover Teixeira?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
By all rights, Vitor should have won that fight with that insanely locked in arm bar. Props to Jon Jones for fighting through the pain... post fight interview he was very humbled and knew he was lucky to have won that fight.

f**k the fans for booing the Mighty Mouse, Benavidez fight. Those guys were going at it. Idiots.

fans that usually attend the fights don't know s**t. they wear the tapout/affliction shirts and they think they're pros

truth. that was a great fight.

Vitor's mentality on the armbar should have been to break, not to just harm........ Jones tried to break his knee and elbow. gotta go Frank Mir style against Jones.
how to lose to jon jones:

1. step into the cage with Jones..

fixed.

I don't see anyone beating him at LHW. Too bad Anderson doesn't want to move up to fight him.

LOL.

but seriously, i don't get why people just decide to stand there and get kicked in the knee when they fight jones.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
just watched the jones/belfort fight. ass.............whoopin.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Has an opportunity to make some noise in the division, but he needs a step up in competition otherwise he may just be another Luiz Cane.

Vitor's mentality on the armbar should have been to break, not to just harm........ Jones tried to break his knee and elbow. gotta go Frank Mir style against Jones.

LOL.

but seriously, i don't get why people just decide to stand there and get kicked in the knee when they fight jones.

With someone as dangerous as Jones, taking a limb home with you HAS to be an option.

As far as those teep kicks to the knees, it's a real effective, yet sissy move IMO. He throws them with a lot of force and fighters have to realize that if they come in to start throwing hands, the kick to the knee could stop them in their tracks.

I feel like it's a sissy move mainly because of the type of damage that can do to another fighter. That's a quick hyperextension or dislocation.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

You got a link, I missed it Saturday??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

mmalinker.com is your best friend
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

that.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Has an opportunity to make some noise in the division, but he needs a step up in competition otherwise he may just be another Luiz Cane.

LOL.

With someone as dangerous as Jones, taking a limb home with you HAS to be an option.

As far as those teep kicks to the knees, it's a real effective, yet sissy move IMO. He throws them with a lot of force and fighters have to realize that if they come in to start throwing hands, the kick to the knee could stop them in their tracks.

I feel like it's a sissy move mainly because of the type of damage that can do to another fighter. That's a quick hyperextension or dislocation.

It is what it is.

but it's not like you don't know he's gonna do it.... It doesn't help that everyone just stands there and takes it. circle away from it or something.

not a jones hater, just wanna see if someone can beat him (which right now is no).
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

that.

Thanks guys.

After I bought a new PC all my links weren't saved.

If I were Dana I'd:

-Bring in the womens' division

-give leeway to ex UFC fighters like a Nick Diaz or even Fedor

-Bring in some big names. They don't have to be talented but just somewhat famous. Fedor , ex Footballers , wrestlers , olympians ETC.

-Have more friggin fireworks . He has to bring in that WWE type element. People are getting bored
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
If I were Dana I'd:

-Bring in the womens' division

-give leeway to ex UFC fighters like a Nick Diaz or even Fedor

-Bring in some big names. They don't have to be talented but just somewhat famous. Fedor , ex Footballers , wrestlers , olympians ETC.

-Have more friggin fireworks . He has to bring in that WWE type element. People are getting bored

c'mon man.

the reason people are getting bored is because every match up worth watching has already happened. (besides Aldo/Edgar..... )

the UFC has done a terrible job of bring hype to up n comers.

the UFC can't promote up n comers on PPV's that aren't worth watching. (#1 problem as it relates to interest IMO)

the UFC needs to have more free events.

.......FWIW, Sonnen is trying to make the UFC kinda WWEish.........
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
It's definitely getting a bit stale. I use to never miss an event, unless I forgot, now I just really don't give a s**t. Maybe it's because it's football season, but IDK.
It's definitely getting a bit stale. I use to never miss an event, unless I forgot, now I just really don't give a s**t. Maybe it's because it's football season, but IDK.

Too many events going on. It would be nice if we got one MAJOR ppv per quarter with the addition of UFC on FOX/FX events. They just held a UFC on FUEL event on Saturday and not a lot of people even knew about it. The Dan Hardy vs. Amir Saddolah fight was fun to watch and Stefan Struve won again.
BJ Penn and Rory MacDonald exchange words via Twitter...

Rory: 200lbs and @bjpenndotcom thinks i care if hes in shape for the fight or not #newgenerationmindset.

BJ: Great!!! I frekin love knocking out 200 pounders

Rory: Do u [mean] knockin back quarter pounders? Who r u kidding, certainly not yourself ?

BJ: Quarter pounders?? Really pimple boy? I won't even RNC you… afraid of all the pimples on your back. #GROSS

Rory: I didnt think it was possible but somehow u made yourself even less of a threat.
Share 49ersWebzone