There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Weak night. Glad I didn't pay for that.
how to lose to jon jones:

1. stand there and let yourself get leg kicked.
2. pull jones into your guard.

(would dominate sonnen right now if they fought )
i missed another event??? dont curr lol
Jones was impressive with his resilience. They say he may have suffered nerve damage in his elbow and he stated to Rogan during the post fight that he was waiting for his arm to break; he wasn't going to tap out.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

1. step into the cage with Jones..

fixed.

I don't see anyone beating him at LHW. Too bad Anderson doesn't want to move up to fight him.
By all rights, Vitor should have won that fight with that insanely locked in arm bar. Props to Jon Jones for fighting through the pain... post fight interview he was very humbled and knew he was lucky to have won that fight.

f**k the fans for booing the Mighty Mouse, Benavidez fight. Those guys were going at it. Idiots.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
By all rights, Vitor should have won that fight with that insanely locked in arm bar. Props to Jon Jones for fighting through the pain... post fight interview he was very humbled and knew he was lucky to have won that fight.

f**k the fans for booing the Mighty Mouse, Benavidez fight. Those guys were going at it. Idiots.

fans that usually attend the fights don't know s**t. they wear the tapout/affliction shirts and they think they're pros
Originally posted by SF69ers:

fixed.

I don't see anyone beating him at LHW. Too bad Anderson doesn't want to move up to fight him.

What about rising LHW Glover Teixeira?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

fans that usually attend the fights don't know s**t. they wear the tapout/affliction shirts and they think they're pros

truth. that was a great fight.

Vitor's mentality on the armbar should have been to break, not to just harm........ Jones tried to break his knee and elbow. gotta go Frank Mir style against Jones.

fixed.

LOL.

but seriously, i don't get why people just decide to stand there and get kicked in the knee when they fight jones.
just watched the jones/belfort fight. ass.............whoopin.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What about rising LHW Glover Teixeira?

Has an opportunity to make some noise in the division, but he needs a step up in competition otherwise he may just be another Luiz Cane.

truth. that was a great fight.

Vitor's mentality on the armbar should have been to break, not to just harm........ Jones tried to break his knee and elbow. gotta go Frank Mir style against Jones.

LOL.

but seriously, i don't get why people just decide to stand there and get kicked in the knee when they fight jones.

With someone as dangerous as Jones, taking a limb home with you HAS to be an option.

As far as those teep kicks to the knees, it's a real effective, yet sissy move IMO. He throws them with a lot of force and fighters have to realize that if they come in to start throwing hands, the kick to the knee could stop them in their tracks.

I feel like it's a sissy move mainly because of the type of damage that can do to another fighter. That's a quick hyperextension or dislocation.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

You got a link, I missed it Saturday??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

mmalinker.com is your best friend
Originally posted by Kolohe:

mmalinker.com is your best friend
that.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home