There are 209 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by omar_ortiz21:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by omar_ortiz21:
Originally posted by angelv05:
Manny is gonna win it all. BJ Penns a puccy.

I can agree with it except for the BJ Penn comment. Penn is many things but one thing he is not is a p***y. Cant wait to see the rematch vs Pulver, I actually think that he will win the fight I hope not but it looks like it.

Haha, don't me and you have a bet going?? Wasn't it something like a $100??

yeah bro we got the bet going man. cant wait to see the fight.

You guys know where I can see the fights for the shows? My cable company here (grande) doesn't carry Spike.




youch that sucks.....


You might be able to find it on one of the streaming networks( like we use to watch 49ers games) When I get a chance ill go help look to see if i can find it.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Tonight episode sucked imo. IF Lauzon didnt land that illegal elbow Miller would have taken the decision imo.

I disagree, Miller couldn't do anything before that blow to the back of the head.

Miller was so close to submitting Lauzon, i think if that elbow didn't landed imo Miller submits Lauzon.

Miller had a couple of chances to end the fight in the first round, a rear naked choke and a quick blow to the head. The thing is, is that J-Lau is experiance and recovers quickly, he doesn't panic and when someones got ahold of him. J-Lau had full control of this fight aside from the two points mentioned.

well lets agree to disagree. who do you think will win the Melendez vs Gray fight?

I gotta go with Maynard, he looks to be in top shape and focused, Melendez looks like hes having problems with Pulver and could lead to bad preparation. But if this fight goes to the ground which it will, I gotta give the edge to Melendez.

I go Maynard also. Gray appears to be in great shape and imo will make quick work of Melendez.

LOL now it just seems as if Penns team is picking Pulvers team apart. Maynard, Wiman and J-Lau are tough cookies, the only worthy ones on team Pulver are Diaz and Melendez, Hill and Gamburyan don't stand a chance against those three.

There aren't even teams anymore. Nate is fighting Corey. What are you going to say when Nate wins? That Pulver is picking apart Pulver?

Its all about who is worthy now, but still team Penn has by far the better talent, only Melendez and Diaz stand in the way of Team Penn. That fight with Diaz and Hill will be to even the numbers.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Manny. I would definitely put him in the top 4. Joe, Nate, Manny. Those are the guys that stick out.

Gee maybe I know what I am talking about huh? All 3 guys I mentioned are in the final 4.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Gee maybe I know what I am talking about huh? All 3 guys I mentioned are in the final 4.


I still cant feel manny. He is just too short.

I am short and have a body type similar to Manny, i am down right massive compared to him but at 5-8 i KNOW how much of a problem it is once you get stuck in guard.


I like manny, personally i hope he does well , but i cant help but think he is an underdog(i guess that is why i like him)

His best fight is probably his lost to Sherk who also happens to be a short fighter, his win over Noah thomas was impressive, but really who is Noah thomas? a guy who has a 10-4 record in something called the Kick down Mixed martial arts association. I am not familure with the Kdmma.

I have a hard time giving TOO much credit to him for his win over Wilman. Wilman looked scared and lost.

So either

A. manny hits like a truck and Wilman was covering to keep from being knocked out( its possible wilman never got taged..but you can tell when your in jepordy against a heavy hand)

or

B. Wilman wanted to protect his face. That was the impressions i got and BJ penn even eluded to it.


Having watched the replay again this morning. I still dont know about nate. He was awful passive. Did he know that he could get hill down and submit him...in which case why risk your chin in stand up?

Or maybe he does not deal well with aggressive in your face fighting. If thats the case he is really not like his brother. Manny and Louzon both will be in his face from Start.

Maynard still has to be the hands on Favorite. He went undefeated in high school as a wrestler. Won national at michigan state and has worked on and off with BJ penn in Hiwaii for the last 4 years and Randy Couture full time for the last 2 . He is the best athlete and best coached person there.

The question is, was it a fluke that Maynard gased last week? Manny and Louzon dont seem to have Off buttons they just keep comeing even if your better you dont want to run out of gas against either of them.


what do you guys think.....you think i am putting to much weight in to Maynards education? 8 years of top national level wrestling and BJ penn and Randy Coulture sounds damn empressive.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 32,523
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jesus:
Tonight episode sucked imo. IF Lauzon didnt land that illegal elbow Miller would have taken the decision imo.

I disagree, Miller couldn't do anything before that blow to the back of the head.

Miller was so close to submitting Lauzon, i think if that elbow didn't landed imo Miller submits Lauzon.

Miller had a couple of chances to end the fight in the first round, a rear naked choke and a quick blow to the head. The thing is, is that J-Lau is experiance and recovers quickly, he doesn't panic and when someones got ahold of him. J-Lau had full control of this fight aside from the two points mentioned.

well lets agree to disagree. who do you think will win the Melendez vs Gray fight?

I gotta go with Maynard, he looks to be in top shape and focused, Melendez looks like hes having problems with Pulver and could lead to bad preparation. But if this fight goes to the ground which it will, I gotta give the edge to Melendez.

I go Maynard also. Gray appears to be in great shape and imo will make quick work of Melendez.

LOL now it just seems as if Penns team is picking Pulvers team apart. Maynard, Wiman and J-Lau are tough cookies, the only worthy ones on team Pulver are Diaz and Melendez, Hill and Gamburyan don't stand a chance against those three.

There aren't even teams anymore. Nate is fighting Corey. What are you going to say when Nate wins? That Pulver is picking apart Pulver?

Its all about who is worthy now, but still team Penn has by far the better talent, only Melendez and Diaz stand in the way of Team Penn. That fight with Diaz and Hill will be to even the numbers.

I think a lot of people are underestimating Manny. I would definitely put him in the top 4. Joe, Nate, Manny. Those are the guys that stick out.

Gee maybe I know what I am talking about huh? All 3 guys I mentioned are in the final 4.

I dunno know, one fought there fight, the other looked scared. I can't tell you one thing, that was a waaaaay different Wiman from previous fights. But hey good call!!

I'm still gonna be surprised if Manny gets by Nate.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Gee maybe I know what I am talking about huh? All 3 guys I mentioned are in the final 4.


I still cant feel manny. He is just too short.

I am short and have a body type similar to Manny, i am down right massive compared to him but at 5-8 i KNOW how much of a problem it is once you get stuck in guard.


I like manny, personally i hope he does well , but i cant help but think he is an underdog(i guess that is why i like him)

His best fight is probably his lost to Sherk who also happens to be a short fighter, his win over Noah thomas was impressive, but really who is Noah thomas? a guy who has a 10-4 record in something called the Kick down Mixed martial arts association. I am not familure with the Kdmma.

I have a hard time giving TOO much credit to him for his win over Wilman. Wilman looked scared and lost.

So either

A. manny hits like a truck and Wilman was covering to keep from being knocked out( its possible wilman never got taged..but you can tell when your in jepordy against a heavy hand)

or

B. Wilman wanted to protect his face. That was the impressions i got and BJ penn even eluded to it.


Having watched the replay again this morning. I still dont know about nate. He was awful passive. Did he know that he could get hill down and submit him...in which case why risk your chin in stand up?

Or maybe he does not deal well with aggressive in your face fighting. If thats the case he is really not like his brother. Manny and Louzon both will be in his face from Start.

Maynard still has to be the hands on Favorite. He went undefeated in high school as a wrestler. Won national at michigan state and has worked on and off with BJ penn in Hiwaii for the last 4 years and Randy Couture full time for the last 2 . He is the best athlete and best coached person there.

The question is, was it a fluke that Maynard gased last week? Manny and Louzon dont seem to have Off buttons they just keep comeing even if your better you dont want to run out of gas against either of them.


what do you guys think.....you think i am putting to much weight in to Maynards education? 8 years of top national level wrestling and BJ penn and Randy Coulture sounds damn empressive.

To answer the bolded, yes. It is obvious that Hill has no ground game so the smart way to play it is take him down and submit him. If you try to stand up with him he would just kill you with his reach.

And Manny is short but that is the only knock on him. You don't think 15 years training with Karo and his camp is pretty good training?

I still think Joe is the favorite to win. He is too strong and relentless for any of the other guys. His ground and pound is great and just like Tito he can pick up his opponent, walk him to his corner and listen to his corner tell him exactly what to do and watch out for. And second I think is Manny, he just has too much MMA experience to vote against him. I just don't think collegiate wrestling prepares you very well for MMA.
Wow you know what would be a nice card of fights to have
Nick Diaz Vs Karo P
Nate Diaz vs Manny G
there is a great story line there and an excellent match on both sides.

Aside from that I am loosing faith in BJ Penn. It's like if he is more about his own personal buisness than it is about the team. or atleast thats how I see it.
Ill wait till later when it has aired on the west coast...........But....man.... This has turned in to one of the best seasons.





That is everything that is great about MMA.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Jun 14, 2007 at 8:54 PM ]
yeah but the best finale by far is TUF the comeback. Those were great fights all over.
Originally posted by omar_ortiz21:
yeah but the best finale by far is TUF the comeback. Those were great fights all over.

i agree.


This season started like crap. Season 4 was just so good. And season 5 was poor in general but extra poor compared to season 4.

I think this season Finished really strong.


Alot of people became Matt Serra fans last year. I was like Matt who? The highlight reel guy that got knocked out with the spinning back fist?? That guy??

Matt serra is that alpha male , just a natural charismatic leader. I think alot of us became fans of him.

As a BJ fan....i kind of went in reverse on him. Alot of his talent cant be taught. I dont know that he did a great job as a coach either. The only real connection i saw him make was with Lauzon. Hell maybe the most talented fight in the whole show got caught by a Guiltine choke.

Like hello...that is jujitsu 101.... the VERY FIRST DAY i started to take Ju-jit-su , I did what ever Football player does. I tucked my head and used my body and shoulder on single leg take downs. It was LESSON NUMBER 1, Alan told me "hey don...you CAN actually spear in MMA, in fact you have to."

Judo/ju-jit-su 101 Your head stays centered. Period...end of discussion. How in the hell do you have a fighter you have worked with that much get caught like that.


We saw a reoccurring theme this season....BJ penns team seems not to listen. Some of that goes on the coach regardless of why or how. IF we were actually there to watch the whole thing, I am afraid much more of it would seem to be BJs fault then i really want to know about( since i am a fan of his)



Next season is so going to rock.......
I've been saying Manny this whole time. Everybody keeps saying he sucks but I think people forget he was good enough to fight in the UFC but then got sidetracked with some injuries. The dude is a pitbull.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
I've been saying Manny this whole time. Everybody keeps saying he sucks but I think people forget he was good enough to fight in the UFC but then got sidetracked with some injuries. The dude is a pitbull.



But what about nate...he keeps getting his ass wooped then tossing submissions out of nowere.

Nate has that "what if" thing in spades.....


You can tell him...dude i am going to woops your ass....

He seems to be like...ok you may...but what if i throw a choke on you...


It doesnt appear you can say..... Its not going to happen.... The guy will try 5000 diffrent things...if one of them lands the fight is over.


Manny does not look to have Fight ending power either.......... So the odds of him keeping the submissions from comeing are slim.


I wanna say manny, I think its Manny....but Nate just keeps ending fights that he looks like he is in way over his head, and he allways had that " it went exactly as i planed it" look. Like yea...i ment to get the s**t beat out of me then catch him with a gullitine choke.


While we are on the subject....

The edit version they aired sure made Caro Parysian come off like a major dick.


I wonder how close that was to what actually happen.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Jun 15, 2007 at 1:22 PM ]
I was totally surprise Manny beating Joe.

As for the Karo vs Nick argument. I don't think Nick would want Karon in the octagon w/ him. Karo will kill him, like he beat his brother way back.
Karo is a punk. He started that with Diaz. You could tell Diaz didn't have a problem with Karo at first, but Karo thought he was bad and tried to bully him. I wish Diaz would knocked his as s out.

I think it's going to be Manny/Diaz in the finals. It's going to be a heck of a fight.
No chance Nick knocking out Karo, if they fought. Karo is one of the best in WW Division.

Manny vs Nick match will be a good one. If Manny follows what Grey did, ground and pound he will win... but Nick submission is pretty good, that's how he beat Grey to go to the finals..

Manny is like pitbull, he will push and will force the fight to Nick.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,438
Originally posted by scdakine9:
No chance Nick knocking out Karo, if they fought. Karo is one of the best in WW Division.

Manny vs Nick match will be a good one. If Manny follows what Grey did, ground and pound he will win... but Nick submission is pretty good, that's how he beat Grey to go to the finals..

Manny is like pitbull, he will push and will force the fight to Nick.

Karo came off looking like an a*****e and his little comment after the confrontation with Nick " Don't they know who i am, i will f**k any of them up so bad if they get near me"