LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by Jesus:
********SPOILERS ********

Manny is a f**king beast!!! Wiman looked scared, it looked like he didn't want to fight. Corey looked much improved but he needs to develop his skills a little bit more, he could be a serious force in the UFC (imo i think he should move up a weight class).

Corey is an odd one. His frame would be more optimal if he DID go up. But he is so strange for people to face at 155

But the way weight classes work in the UFC there is a MASSIVE shift from 155 to 170. He would have to go against people closer to his size instead of guys he consistently has a big reach and height advantage on.

He is an awkard challenge for people at 155, and is the IDEAL type fighter to challenge Sherk body type guys. A big lanky fighter can sprawl long enough that you can get a single leg take down on him.

Sherk vs Corey hill is a similar body miss match as was Sylva and Monson.

Corey hill might just be a year to late to make it a title fight since he needs a year or more to find out if he is a contender or not( its a big assumption to think he is). But if he IS i would love to see Sherk in Hills guard, I bet he could not even reach Hills face.

Hill is intresting that is for sure. There are so many intresting guys at 155 and 170.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Manny is gonna win it all. BJ Penns a puccy.

I can agree with it except for the BJ Penn comment. Penn is many things but one thing he is not is a p***y. Cant wait to see the rematch vs Pulver, I actually think that he will win the fight I hope not but it looks like it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Man I just got done watching it, and all I got to say is....WOW. Not what I expected. Freaking Wiman didn't look anything like the fighter he showed in the past shows, he didn't look like he wanted to fight. Wiman was one of the fighters I was rooting for really, but he really didn't deserve to win anything after that showing. He was freakin scared to get hit, had absolutely NO ground game, ran out of gas, was close to Andy Wang in terms of listening to BJ.

As for Manny, little guy showed heart and focus, he did exactly what he said he was gonna do and stay on Wiman. I admit I had my doubts about Manny, but he simply just wore out Wiman, kept it close and didn't let Wiman use his reach. But its only going to get tougher for him, does he fight J-Lau or Maynard.

.....on a side note, Diaz also looked like sh*t, if it wasn't for Hills inexperience, Diaz would've lost that fight.

AND Damn I gotta see the next show, WTF is up with Karo and Nate, I wonder what the words being exchanged in that room was.....LOL, Nate looked kinda scared.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by omar_ortiz21:

I can agree with it except for the BJ Penn comment. Penn is many things but one thing he is not is a p***y. Cant wait to see the rematch vs Pulver, I actually think that he will win the fight I hope not but it looks like it.

Haha, don't me and you have a bet going?? Wasn't it something like a $100??
  • Jesus
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Man I just got done watching it, and all I got to say is....WOW. Not what I expected. Freaking Wiman didn't look anything like the fighter he showed in the past shows, he didn't look like he wanted to fight. Wiman was one of the fighters I was rooting for really, but he really didn't deserve to win anything after that showing. He was freakin scared to get hit, had absolutely NO ground game, ran out of gas, was close to Andy Wang in terms of listening to BJ.

As for Manny, little guy showed heart and focus, he did exactly what he said he was gonna do and stay on Wiman. I admit I had my doubts about Manny, but he simply just wore out Wiman, kept it close and didn't let Wiman use his reach. But its only going to get tougher for him, does he fight J-Lau or Maynard.

.....on a side note, Diaz also looked like sh*t, if it wasn't for Hills inexperience, Diaz would've lost that fight.

AND Damn I gotta see the next show, WTF is up with Karo and Nate, I wonder what the words being exchanged in that room was.....LOL, Nate looked kinda scared.

IMO i think Manny is a bad match for both Maynard and Lauzon, dude is like a wrecking ball.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jesus:

IMO i think Manny is a bad match for both Maynard and Lauzon, dude is like a wrecking ball.

Oh trust me I'm not underestimating him, I just think the other two, will basically fight Manny the way Manny fought Wiman. And that could get difficult since both J-Lau and Maynard got that ground game going, not to mention they are both hammers as well. I just don't see Maynard or J-Lau giving up like Wiman did, nor do I see Manny. No matter what, the next episode will be one I sure ain't gonna miss!!!

Manny is that you??
message board kicking my arse tonight

double post.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Jun 8, 2007 at 12:29 AM ]
in the preview for next week , Dana wants the Team mates to fight each other to make sure There is a Penn VS Pulvier guy at the end.

Neither Penn nor little evil want that to happen.

So is it just a drama point to fill air time( if it is there are some quick fights next week) Or are we going to really see Team mate against team mate.

if we ARE going to see team mate vs team mate...... That might be what that Fight was about with Nate.

Frankly... I still like Penns team.

Nate was getting killed before he got the triangle.

Manny was up against a a guy that was scared of him.

I am not real confidant in either of them( manny more then Nate obviously)

I still think luazon With BJ in his corner is a tough guy to beat. Lauzon listens to penn, penn is at least 2 steps ahead of Lauzon protecting him from the submissions. Lauzon seems like a very coachable guy and one of the few fighters that really takes advantage of the experience that is in his corner.

Maynard might be the best coached and most talented, but He did GAS out last week, That is a bad match up against Luazon or Manny since they are both high motor guys.

Manny has only went the distance twice in his career one of them was Winman, every other fight he has ended with submission ,or lost( to sherk)

While he easily beat Winman, that does look kind of a ceiling fight for him. I think we all agree that Winman looked like crap, I think part of Winman's loss was his own fault more so then Manny just running him flat over.

I dont like Short 5 foot 5 manny in Lauzons guard on bottom, i think it is elbow city for Lauzon( i dont think manny submits him with penn in his corner and i dont think his arms are long enough to gnp from a closed guard), and i REALLY dont like manny against Lauzon standing up or wtih top position.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wait a second, theres only 4 fighters left:

Team Penn - Maynard, Lauzon

Team Pulver - Manny, Nate

teammates can't fight each other or did I not read your post right Dshearn??

on the preview for next week , dana white called and wants the team mates to fight each other to make sure that the Final Fight has one pulver guy and one Penn guy.

Dana is afraid that Both Pulvers guys are going to loose and end up with a Penn Penn fight at the end.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dshearn:

on the preview for next week , dana white called and wants the team mates to fight each other to make sure that the Final Fight has one pulver guy and one Penn guy.

Dana is afraid that Both Pulvers guys are going to loose and end up with a Penn Penn fight at the end.

Thats gonna suck!!! Than its going to be Lauzon vs. Maynard and Manny vs. Nate.
  • ace2249
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Dshearn:
in the preview for next week , Dana wants the Team mates to fight each other to make sure There is a Penn VS Pulvier guy at the end.

Neither Penn nor little evil want that to happen.

So is it just a drama point to fill air time( if it is there are some quick fights next week) Or are we going to really see Team mate against team mate.

if we ARE going to see team mate vs team mate...... That might be what that Fight was about with Nate.

Frankly... I still like Penns team.

Nate was getting killed before he got the triangle.

Manny was up against a a guy that was scared of him.

I am not real confidant in either of them( manny more then Nate obviously)

I still think luazon With BJ in his corner is a tough guy to beat. Lauzon listens to penn, penn is at least 2 steps ahead of Lauzon protecting him from the submissions. Lauzon seems like a very coachable guy and one of the few fighters that really takes advantage of the experience that is in his corner.

Maynard might be the best coached and most talented, but He did GAS out last week, That is a bad match up against Luazon or Manny since they are both high motor guys.

Manny has only went the distance twice in his career one of them was Winman, every other fight he has ended with submission ,or lost( to sherk)

While he easily beat Winman, that does look kind of a ceiling fight for him. I think we all agree that Winman looked like crap, I think part of Winman's loss was his own fault more so then Manny just running him flat over.

I dont like Short 5 foot 5 manny in Lauzons guard on bottom, i think it is elbow city for Lauzon( i dont think manny submits him with penn in his corner and i dont think his arms are long enough to gnp from a closed guard), and i REALLY dont like manny against Lauzon standing up or wtih top position.

I have to say Corey looked 100% better from his last fight, if he takes to training he could be a force in the future.
Now I am rooting all the way for Manny "the Wolverine" Gamburyan, that guy has great muscle definition already and is strong. Wiman is not a punk for losing, because he tried to get submissions, but Manny was too strong. Wiman is a punk for not giving Manny his due.

Either Lauzon or Manny takes this down.

yeah bro we got the bet going man. cant wait to see the fight.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame

yeah bro we got the bet going man. cant wait to see the fight.

You guys know where I can see the fights for the shows? My cable company here (grande) doesn't carry Spike.
Share 49ersWebzone