There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Originally posted by jimrat201:
What was up with all the booing in sac town bring the UFC to San Jose

Aside from Silva the fights were pretty lame.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
BJ vs. Sean Sherk in November.....SherDog forum is confirming it. He said he heard Dana say it in the post fight conference......anyone else hear bout it??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Nevermind its confirmed!!!
Quote:

Sherk likely will face B.J. Penn in his next title defense, Dana White said after the match

Link
Originally posted by Kolohe:
BJ vs. Sean Sherk in November.....SherDog forum is confirming it. He said he heard Dana say it in the post fight conference......anyone else hear bout it??

oh....man.....wow......

Thats is a fight.

BJ penn has got to sell out. No bull s**t...He better hit the ring in the best shape of his life.

I dont think penn can get Sherks back. Penn has only landed Two submissions types in his Fighting career. The Rear naked choke 3 times and a arm triangle choke( a rear naked choke from the front using your opponents arm to complete the blood choke) One time.

penn only has Two submissions against UFC quality fighters. Pulver last month and Matt Hughes. Both were Rear naked chokes.

The x-factor is Penns knock out power.

Under the UFC rule set he has knocked out 4 people in his 7 UFC wins.

Even more impressive Penn has knocked out 4 out of 5 people in the UFC when he fought under 160 pounds.

Penn has Legit knock out power at 155.

So he is much more likely to knock some one out in the UFC then submit them. Not bad consider we all know how awesome his pure Ju-jit-su is.

The problem is Penn has not ended any fights from his back, and that is wear Sherk is going to put him.

We have all seen him throw really complex submissions from his back ( omoplatas and gogoplatas)

BJ penn has never actually had them work to date in an actual fight.

its going to be a Epic battle. I really hope Penn comes in lean and mean.
The last two UFC events have had pretty bad cards. They should be on Spike and not on PPV. We got some good cards coming up though. Tito is done. He's not the same fighter he once was. It's almost like he doesn't mind NOT winning anymore. He should of won Saturday, but he just doesn't have "IT" anymore.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

oh....man.....wow......

Thats is a fight.

BJ penn has got to sell out. No bull s**t...He better hit the ring in the best shape of his life.

I dont think penn can get Sherks back. Penn has only landed Two submissions types in his Fighting career. The Rear naked choke 3 times and a arm triangle choke( a rear naked choke from the front using your opponents arm to complete the blood choke) One time.

penn only has Two submissions against UFC quality fighters. Pulver last month and Matt Hughes. Both were Rear naked chokes.

The x-factor is Penns knock out power.

Under the UFC rule set he has knocked out 4 people in his 7 UFC wins.

Even more impressive Penn has knocked out 4 out of 5 people in the UFC when he fought under 160 pounds.

Penn has Legit knock out power at 155.

So he is much more likely to knock some one out in the UFC then submit them. Not bad consider we all know how awesome his pure Ju-jit-su is.

The problem is Penn has not ended any fights from his back, and that is wear Sherk is going to put him.

We have all seen him throw really complex submissions from his back ( omoplatas and gogoplatas)

BJ penn has never actually had them work to date in an actual fight.

its going to be a Epic battle. I really hope Penn comes in lean and mean.

This is gonna be a tough task for BJ thats forsure. Sherk is not gonna be a easy one to submit and Sherk also has a tough chin as we all seen 4 knees to his nogging still didn't knock him out. BJ also better be prepared for Sherks quickness, when he shoots in hes quick to set you up, you seen how he Sherk passes guard to, that was freaking incredible. For BJ to win this fight, hes got to be in the best shape of his fighting career, and be ready to go the distance, they don't call Sherk the Cardio King for nothing. Also if BJ is gonna beat Sherk I think its gotta be standing up, Hermes had a hard time pulling off that guillotine (twice) LOL.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of BJ, but man Sherk looked like a totally different fighter from when he fought Matt Hughes. How does Sherk look so cut up at 155.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
SILVA VS Nate Marquardt
TITO VS RASHAD
FLORIAN VS ROBINSON
SHERK VS FRANCA

Content deleted, son.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jul 9, 2007 at 11:31 AM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
After watching Sherk I was thinking who would be a good match up for him and Manny Gamburyn came to mind, both are short little pitbulls but apparently he's already beaten him and karo twice Man what a freak of nature
Alright MMA/UFC fans. Upcoming "BIG" fights

UFC 74:
-Randy Couture (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Gabriel Gonzaga (#6 Heavyweight in the World)*
-Georges St. Pierre (#2 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Josh Koscheck (#4 Welterweight in the World)*

UFC 75:
-Quinton Jackson (#2 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Mirko Cro Cop (#3 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Cheick Kongo
-Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill

UFC 76:
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (#1 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Ryoto Machida

UFC 77:
-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Rich Franklin (#4 Middleweight in the World)* PART 2
-Tito Ortiz (#9 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rashad Evans
PART 2

November:
Sean Sherk (#8 Lightweight in the World)* vs. BJ Penn

December
-Matt Serra (#1 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Matt Hughes (#3 Welterweight in the World)*

Hoping no injuries....
Bisping vs Hamill?!! No! Two of my favorite fighters going at it?

And where is Fedor , DAMMIT?!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Agree w/ you on both fighters. But, I always wanted those guys to fight on the show. But, Hamil got injured.

It should be a good fight....
Originally posted by scdakine9:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Agree w/ you on both fighters. But, I always wanted those guys to fight on the show. But, Hamil got injured.

It should be a good fight....

Bisping should win. Hamil really need to work on his striking and finishing fighters.
Hamil stand up is ok. average. But, the thing he needs to work on is blocking those punches.....bisping will have a field day...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by scdakine9:
Hamil stand up is ok. average. But, the thing he needs to work on is blocking those punches.....bisping will have a field day...

IMO, Hamil's stand up is horrible, that guy lunges when he throws a punch and leaves himself open every time. Bisping will eat him alive.