LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

WOW Call animal control or something Anderon Silva is a BEAST
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by binary:
I cant stand Ortiz.......

But he won that fight...... Evans look confused as hell..... It was the Fence grab that made it a draw.

Uhh yeah, that's why Ortiz looked defeated and the entire crowd was booing him at the end, after the first round Ortiz stunk up the joint. That fence grab didn't happen once, it happened 3 times, and it prevented 3 takedowns.

Ortiz could be kicking the s**t out of Bin Laden and you would still have people Boo Ortiz.

Ortiz in my opion Won round one and Two and that was a draw becuase of the fence grab....

Three judges said the same thing....

he lost the 3rd and would have lost 4th more then likely..... Seems pretty Obvious to me.

If Tito gets taken down both times he grabbed the fence that round, he loses that round easily, that round was very even and neither fighter was doing much of anything. Evans will destroy Ortiz if they fight again, and Ortiz knows it, look at his face.
[ Edited by binary on Jul 7, 2007 at 9:31 PM ]
Man.... Silva........

Nice..... Lean fighters are so versital and a pain in the ass.

If Tito gets taken down both times he grabbed the fence that round, he loses that round easily, that round was very even and neither fighter was doing much of anything. Evans will destroy Ortiz if they fight again, and Ortiz knows it, look at his face.

that is a what if , and any thing can happen.

What i saw is Tito go to a Muay Thai attack and dominate the clinch with Knees and elbows.

I saw Evans on his back Twice in the Second looking aorund confused about what to do.

Its not a given Ortiz would have lost that Round IF he only grabed the fence one.

The second Time he grabbed the Fence, he Transitioned right to a Guiltine choke.

So He had the Take downs The Clinch and the Submision attempt.

Had he given up the first fence grab and got taken down.... I still dont think he loosed the Round.

What i saw is Tito go to a Muay Thai attack and dominate the clinch with Knees and elbows.

I saw Evans on his back Twice in the Second looking aorund confused about what to do.

Its not a given Ortiz would have lost that Round IF he only grabed the fence one.

The second Time he grabbed the Fence, he Transitioned right to a Guiltine choke.

Had he given up the first fence grab and got taken down.... I still dont think he loosed the Round.

That is all pretty obvious dshearn. The other obvious thing is that binary has something personal against Tito.

I

Eh wtf fight were you watching. When Ortiz "took him down" Rashad got up without anything happening at all and relatively quickly. There was no dominating anything from either side, there was no knees or elbows from either side that were doing anything, all it would've taken was a take down to win that crappy round.

Either way it was a garbage fight and neither fighter is going to be a real factor now that all the new talent has arrived.
is there a replay of the rest of the fights on sop cast? i missed sherk vs franca and others
Originally posted by 9erReign:

That is all pretty obvious dshearn. The other obvious thing is that binary has something personal against Tito.

Sure, as if you guys aren't biased towards Tito.

But he won that fight...... Evans look confused as hell..... It was the Fence grab that made it a draw.

Uhh yeah, that's why Ortiz looked defeated and the entire crowd was booing him at the end, after the first round Ortiz stunk up the joint. That fence grab didn't happen once, it happened 3 times, and it prevented 3 takedowns.

Ortiz could be kicking the s**t out of Bin Laden and you would still have people Boo Ortiz.

Ortiz in my opion Won round one and Two and that was a draw becuase of the fence grab....

he lost the 3rd and would have lost 4th more then likely..... Seems pretty Obvious to me.

tito almost choked rashad out had it not been for the end of the 2nd round... i didnt watch round three so i cant comment on that, but i saw enough to tell that tito won the fight
you know what tito did win the fight yet controversy or some sort of contoversy always follows his fights

Originally posted by DeezNuts:

tito almost choked rashad out had it not been for the end of the 2nd round... i didnt watch round three so i cant comment on that, but i saw enough to tell that tito won the fight

lol, thanks, discussion over.
[ Edited by binary on Jul 7, 2007 at 9:53 PM ]

Eh wtf fight were you watching. When Ortiz "took him down" Rashad got up without anything happening at all and relatively quickly. There was no dominating anything from either side, there was no knees or elbows from either side that were doing anything, all it would've taken was a take down to win that crappy round.

Either way it was a garbage fight and neither fighter is going to be a real factor now that all the new talent has arrived.

That is part of the way the UFC scores.

Otogon Control....

Evans was backing up the Entire First and Second round.

You only get points for Pushing a fight standing up , you dont get get points for back peddling.

You dont get points For getting up., you dont get points to staying on your back...You Get points for taking people down and staying on top when you are down.

It does not matter if you were on your Back 15 seconds or 4 mins.....you were on your back and that his how the fight is scored.

The only way to over come that is to be in a superior Position LONGER and out work your opponet

Ortiz Pushed the Second round standing up with Punches and Kicks constantly moving forward.

Evans Retreated the second round.

Ortiz Controled the Clinch with the Plum, using his knees and elbows, He used at least ONE double leg take down succesfully

Evans Tried for one leg and two leg takedowns that did not work.

Ortiz was on top striking when he was on the ground OR throwing Submissions from Guard on bottom.

Evans spent his bottom time not attacking and looking for right his posture.

I dont like Ortiz.....but He won the second round and it was a Fair second round Draw when he lost the point.

That is part of the way the UFC scores.

Otogon Control....

Evans was backing up the Entire First and Second round.

You only get points for Pushing a fight standing up , you dont get get points for back peddling.

You dont get points For getting up., you dont get points to staying on your back...You Get points for taking people down and staying on top when you are down.

It does not matter if you were on your Back 15 seconds or 4 mins.....you were on your back and that his how the fight is scored.

The only way to over come that is to be in a superior Position LONGER and out work your opponet

Ortiz Pushed the Second round standing up with Punches and Kicks constantly moving forward.

Evans Retreated the second round.

Ortiz Controled the Clinch with the Plum, using his knees and elbows, He used at least ONE double leg take down succesfully

Evans Tried for one leg and two leg takedowns that did not work.

Ortiz was on top striking when he was on the ground OR throwing Submissions from Guard on bottom.

Evans spent his bottom time not attacking and looking for right his posture.

I dont like Ortiz.....but He won the second round and it was a Fair second round Draw when he lost the point.

Nice talking out of your @ss. Basically, Ortiz won that round because of the guillotine, otherwise it was even. If Rashad gets the takedown without Ortiz grabbing the fence, he wins the round. That's basically all you need to know, stop overanalyzing a crappily fought even round in which nothing happened. This fight was too crappy to even argue about, if you want to go against the grain and act like Tito should have won go ahead, I no longer care, have fun with that.
[ Edited by binary on Jul 7, 2007 at 10:22 PM ]

Nice talking out of your @ss. Basically, Ortiz won that round because of the guillotine, otherwise it was even. If Rashad gets the takedown without Ortiz grabbing the fence, he wins the round. That's basically all you need to know, stop overanalyzing a crappily fought even round in which nothing happened. This fight was too crappy to even argue about, if you want to go against the grain and act like Tito should have won go ahead, I no longer care, have fun with that.

Damn how much money did you loose on this fight? You must have lost something.......

So you think Evans One take down is more valuable then Ortiz take down?

there is zero way you can think Evans backing up in the Second was winning the stand up.

You cant think Evans was winning the Clinch when he was not striking from the clinch.

You even Admit that Ortiz at LEAST tried a submission on the ground.

So Ortiz was either on top or Submiting on the ground.

Evans was trying to get back to his feet...were....he did nothing.

You do not get points in MMA for getting off the ground....you only get points for putting the other fighter on the ground.

Get ups= Zero points

Take downs= Points

Sorry man I just cant see what you see.

Ortiz Round one

Ortiz round two , It was a draw for flagrant grabbing of the fence.

Evans round three

Gives us a draw.

I think the Judges were 100% accurate.
The Ortiz/Evans fight sucked. Evans was afraid to make a mistake, all he did was dance around. Ortiz was tired in the third round, if Evans would have attacked he could have knocked him out.

Silva is a bad man.
Share 49ersWebzone