LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

**UFC/MMA Thread**

Didn't the other Diaz brother pummel Karo ?

Maybe thats why he was a little P.o.'d.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

That was a pretty good fight but Karo won by decision
Originally posted by jimrat201:

Yea, it was a REALLY good fight. Nick Diaz is an exciting fighter. He just beat down a Pride champion that was on top for a while. Takinori (sp?) Gomi. I thought no one would beat that dude and Nick whooped that ass.
NMy bad.

I was thinking about Sanchez.
NMy bad.

I was thinking about Sanchez.

That was a great fight too. Karo always seems to be in good fights. His cousin I guess is no joke. I think he's gonna beat Nate Diaz in the finale. I didn't think he stood a chance when the show began. I thought Luazon was gonna beat him too.
Originally posted by scdakine9:
No chance Nick knocking out Karo, if they fought. Karo is one of the best in WW Division.

Manny vs Nick match will be a good one. If Manny follows what Grey did, ground and pound he will win... but Nick submission is pretty good, that's how he beat Grey to go to the finals..

Manny is like pitbull, he will push and will force the fight to Nick.

Karo came off looking like an a*****e and his little comment after the confrontation with Nick " Don't they know who i am, i will f**k any of them up so bad if they get near me"

He would though
Originally posted by Jordache49:
No chance Nick knocking out Karo, if they fought. Karo is one of the best in WW Division.

Manny vs Nick match will be a good one. If Manny follows what Grey did, ground and pound he will win... but Nick submission is pretty good, that's how he beat Grey to go to the finals..

Karo came off looking like an a*****e and his little comment after the confrontation with Nick " Don't they know who i am, i will f**k any of them up so bad if they get near me"

He would though

True. He did come off looking like a dick though.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

He would though

Oh, big time.... but he would probably drop everyone of them in the show... but ya he made a serious ass out of himself

He would though

Oh, big time.... but he would probably drop everyone of them in the show... but ya he made a serious ass out of himself

This is a little off topic, but have you guys seen that TapOut show on Versus?? Basically, these obnoxious morons that own TapOut drive around in an RV meeting fighters they sponsor then follow them around for a day or two up until their fight. Versus also shows WEC fights, which is an up and coming MMA venue.
WTF happen I thought the teams were gonna fight each other!!!!

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Yea, it was a REALLY good fight. Nick Diaz is an exciting fighter. He just beat down a Pride champion that was on top for a while. Takinori (sp?) Gomi. I thought no one would beat that dude and Nick whooped that ass.

I am still p**sed about that as I really like Gomi. Maybe he is getting old
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
**Breaking News**

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

September 22nd Location: Anaheim

FINALLY!!!!
[ Edited by Kolohe on Jun 16, 2007 at 2:22 PM ]
No love for the UFC PPV last night huh?

The Clay Guida Vs. Tyson Griffin was awesome. Very fun fight to watch.

Rich Franklin showed the heart of a champion not submitting to that DEEP kimura.

Forrest faught a smart fight, but it wasn't very exciting because of it.

Over all... it was alright. The main event dragged. Okami didn't do anything the first two rounds. Third round was good though.
Originally posted by Jt8786:
No love for the UFC PPV last night huh?

The Clay Guida Vs. Tyson Griffin was awesome. Very fun fight to watch.

Rich Franklin showed the heart of a champion not submitting to that DEEP kimura.

Forrest faught a smart fight, but it wasn't very exciting because of it.

Over all... it was alright. The main event dragged. Okami didn't do anything the first two rounds. Third round was good though.

Horrible card.

Diaz lost it, but it was controversial split score card tips from Draw to Karo.

Some stupid judge scored the 30-27 There is no way on this planet any one could have Scored that Fight 3 rounds for either fighter.

I dont like either Diaz that much, a little bit to thuggish for me, but i have to give that fight to him.

Diaz controlled standing up all three rounds, He was share timed pushing all three rounds. On the ground he Threw out 8 billziion submissions. HE defended DOZENS of take downs.

The only Two place Diaz Clearly lost was like 3 take downs to Karo's 9 take downs. But you cant keep a straight face and say Karo took him down at will....... Nick threw out like 16 submissions attempts to Karo's two arm lock attempts.

The second was Ground and pound. Karo was VERY active in ground and pound in the First round but that faded rapidly.

I can under stand if you give Karo the first round due to GnP That is fair enough, its debatable because Diaz had the stand-up and on the ground, threw out like Kemora, a Arm bar, A triangle and an omoplata.

No one( other then the 3rd judge) will claim that Karo won the second round. Even Karo said he lost the second round.

The Third is Diaz controlling the Stand up and Defending 6 take downs, to Karo's 4 success full take downs. Then you have to figure in the half dozen Submissions Diaz attempted and the fact that Karo could not maintain top position or advance from guard.( hence Diaz getting up and Karo getting TONS of take down chances).

The Fight at worst should have been a Draw. If you had A 1000 judges I doubt you would have had another 30-27 card.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Jun 18, 2007 at 2:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone