There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2013 World Baseball Classic Thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
REP�BLICA DOMINICANA!!!!!!!!! Pa quien lo sepas todos!!

man they are playing damn near close to their best. I'll be happy if anyone but Japan wins this, because I want a new champ, but because I really like the remaining teams as well (except Puerto Rico, I don't think they have what it takes)

Puerto Rico is definitely not gonna win it all, I see a Japan DR final. Should be fun going to the DR PR game tomorrow, it's gonna be a Latin party. Really wanted to see USA move on for the fact I rather watch them and the American in me wants them to advance. If the top players play USA will unbeatable, it's too bad they don't wanna play
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Mar 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
top players need to start playing in this...wouldnt even be close if we had the elite talent

I agree. Hard to take it seriously when the best players dont participate. Pretty sure I starting 3 of Verlander, Kershaw, and Strasburg or Cain would have dominated.

R.A. Dickey and Vogelsong

Don't hate on Vogey, he pitched well.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
From now on, I'm rooting for PR

Molina and Beltran FTW
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
top players need to start playing in this...wouldnt even be close if we had the elite talent

I agree. Hard to take it seriously when the best players dont participate. Pretty sure I starting 3 of Verlander, Kershaw, and Strasburg or Cain would have dominated.

R.A. Dickey and Vogelsong

Don't hate on Vogey, he pitched well.

Yep. Bats way too sleepy.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

SEMIFINAL/CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

We are now down to four

You have defending champion Japan doing this without Ichiro and Yu Darvish

The two top teams in the Americas in Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, filled with major league stars

Then you have the Kingdom of The Netherlands, who have been a Cinderella of a story with their shocking upset of perennial favorite Cuba.

You do you like folks and why?
Team USA with an epic fail!
Originally posted by TheChozen:

I blame Kimbrel
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I blame Kimbrel

Are you sure they just didn't give up because Captain America went down?
Originally posted by robniner:

I blame Kimbrel

Are you sure they just didn't give up because Captain America went down?

Maybe, but Kimbrel f**ked up the DR game so I choose to blame him forever
Yeah it was all Kimbrel. Adam Jones deserves no blame for chasing bad pitches with bases loaded in the 1st.
Yeah it was all Kimbrel. Adam Jones deserves no blame for chasing bad pitches with bases loaded in the 1st.

Kimbrel had nothing to do with the Puerto Rico loss, so I am assuming you don't sense sarcasm. [smileysacrcasmfaceinsertedforthatdude]

Kimbrel had nothing to do with the Puerto Rico loss, so I am assuming you don't sense sarcasm. [smileysacrcasmfaceinsertedforthatdude]

Yeah, it's hella easy to tell sarcasm reading a post on a msg board!

My post was for your post blaming him for the DR loss though. It had nothing to do with the PR game.
Originally posted by robniner:
SEMIFINAL/CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

We are now down to four

You have defending champion Japan doing this without Ichiro and Yu Darvish

The two top teams in the Americas in Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, filled with major league stars

Then you have the Kingdom of The Netherlands, who have been a Cinderella of a story with their shocking upset of perennial favorite Cuba.

You do you like folks and why?

I like........................... none of them. Could not care less who wins.
Maybe, but Kimbrel f**ked up the DR game so I choose to blame him forever

Looks like I won't be drafting him for my two teams this season.