Who Is The True Face Of MLB?

Who Is The True Face Of MLB?

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by crzy:
The fact that Derek Jeter is being mentioned as the face of the MLB still.....proves that the sport has no face.

Baseball is not an individual-player oriented sport like the NBA is. Individuals players just aren't as marketable, nor do they have the same impact on their teams winning like a Lebron James does.

You can take a Pujols off the Cardinals and they can still make it to the NLCS the following year. Now imagine the Heat with Lebron lmao.

Which is why the outrageous baseball salaries for star players are laughable.

Healthy Posey ..... 2 World Series. Posey out for the year.... out of the playoffs.

86 wins in 2011. Posey was worth 8 wins then. Which is what WAR had him at last year anyways.

But I mean even prime Babe Ruth was worth 15 wins.

I'm not arguing that star players aren't important in baseball...just that individual star players have a much smaller impact in baseball when compared to other sports.

Enough with the WAR! You know as well as I do that the Giants cant win without Posey. Obviously a huge star in basketball is going to make the most difference as there are just 5 guys on the floor at any time.

All right I'll stop disparaging Posey but you get my drift.

Posey is probably the most important player in baseball
Originally posted by valrod33:
You guys realize that a player from every team was nominated, right?

Yep. I guess its fine that he was nominated because there really is no other Brave. Obviously Chipper has been that face for years. What is hillarious that he is in the final 4 though.

Whats even more hilarious is that Buster Posey lost to Miguel Montero. This is a fan vote via twitter it isnt scientific. Do I think Jason Heyward is the face of MLB? Hell no. Its just a stupid twitter campaign that you guys are taking way too seriously
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
rubberneck will be devastated if Matt Kemp loses.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
2 years ago it would've easily been Pujols

Now I'd have to say it's easily Yoenis Cespedes

It's Trout or Posey.
Originally posted by Amir:
rubberneck will be devastated if Matt Kemp loses.

Matt Kemp is a douche and him being in it shows how stupid the poll is in the first place. His work ethic and attitude was questioned for years before the breakout year. A few people on the list even moderate fans probably dont know, so the whole thing is ridiculous. Jeter is the face now, but Trout and Posey and a few others take it over soon. Or the next great star. Trout is in LA so he an edge moving forward. He just needs a big sponsorship.
Originally posted by SFrush:

It's Trout or Posey.

No man I assure you its Cespedes
Originally posted by SFrush:

It's Trout or Posey.

No man I assure you its Cespedes

Lmao
Guys,

It's more interesting that Mike Trout is the #1 player in fantasy baseball already. What those experts forgot to point out is that Trout is susceptible to the sophomore slump. I would have expected Buster #1, followed by Cabrera then Verlander.
Well, Matt Kemp beats Jason Heyward to move to the Finals.
eli whiteside.

Polls like these are pointless on a pro-SF board like this. Of course the Giants players is going to win in a landslide.

What's more surprising is some of the names left off this list. Where's Miguel Cabrera? You know the guy who won the Triple Crown and MVP last year? What about Ryan Braun? The guy who was runner up in MVP last year after winning it the year before and also having placed #3 in the MVP vote in the past rookie of the year winner and already a 5-time all star in the span of a little under 6 years? Or is he too "tainted" to be the face of MLB. Why are there no pitchers on this list? And no Latinos or foreign born players?
Buster Posey homers lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Buster Posey homers lol

so did Freese yesterday lol

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Buster Posey homers lol

so did Freese yesterday lol

That's nice. Are you going to see the giants home opener, they play your cardinals? Which means they have to watch us get our rings again, the championship banner goes up, etc. you should fly out for that.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
That's nice. Are you going to see the giants home opener, they play your cardinals? Which means they have to watch us get our rings again, the championship banner goes up, etc. you should fly out for that.

Share 49ersWebzone