Who Is The True Face Of MLB?

Who Is The True Face Of MLB?

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by YungAce:
After Jeter retires, Posey will be the face of the MLB.

lol giants fans

Dont be jealous just because there wouldnt be any Cardinal in the top 25. There has never been a player that has achieved more at the start of a career than Buster. If he was in New York can you imagine how big he would be?

Not jealous at all. Out of your mind if you think Posey > Trout.

Why use that "if he was in NY" excuse? You Giant fans claim how big of a baseball town SF is.

Trout is more talented, but Posey is ahead of him right now. Posey has 2 WS rings, a ROY, an MVP, a Hank Aaron Award, a batting title, a Silver Slugger, a Comeback POY, and hes got the most clean, upstanding persona of any star player in baseball. Hes never said a single controvesrial thing. He just works hard and deflects praise to his teammates. All at age 25.

Trout has more ability, and will carry more star power, but when it comes to that role of "Does nothing but win, and be a great role model on and off the field", Posey is taking over for Jeter.

Isn't this entire question about star power? Posey's hardly a household name. I don't think a bunch of diehard MLB fans are the ones who should be answering this question in the first place. The "face of a league" is someone your grandmother has at least heard of, IMO.
I would say that Posey is more of a household name than Mike Trout at this point. Playing in 2 World Series does give him exposure to the casual fans that Trout hasnt gotten yet. Jeter is certainly the most recognizable player right now. AROD would probably be 2nd although he would certainly not be the face of MLB.
Eli Whiteside?
Bottom line I would answer it this way...........

Who is currently the face of MLB... Derrick Jeter. However, I think that will last about another year or 2 at most

Who is the future face of the MLB... Most likely Mike Trout if he continues to perform like he did last year and the Angels make WS

Who are other contenders for future face... Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, Buster Posey.

Over and OUT
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Who is currently the face of MLB... Derrick Jeter. However, I think that will last about another year or 2 at most

Who is the future face of the MLB... Most likely Mike Trout if he continues to perform like he did last year and the Angels make WS

Who are other contenders for future face... Stephen Strasburg, Bryce Harper, Buster Posey.

Over and OUT

Come on John. Derrick Jeter?
Trout's the next Ken Griffey Jr.

Over and OUT

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol this list is racist against Latin players. No Miguel Cabrera?

he's still waiting on a slider, he'll get back to you when it arrives

Over and OUT

LOL. Thats what happens when you post and work at the same time.
Originally posted by crzy:
There is no face of the MLB. No one player stands out.

except Yoenis Cespedes
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
There is no face of the MLB. No one player stands out.

except Yoenis Cespedes

Poster child for the next balco

After Jeter retires, Posey will be the face of the MLB.

lol giants fans

Dont be jealous just because there wouldnt be any Cardinal in the top 25. There has never been a player that has achieved more at the start of a career than Buster. If he was in New York can you imagine how big he would be?

Not jealous at all. Out of your mind if you think Posey > Trout.

Why use that "if he was in NY" excuse? You Giant fans claim how big of a baseball town SF is.

And you are out of your mind if you dont think Jeter is the face of baseball over the past several years because he plays in NY and played in WS. If he was in Pittsburgh he would just be another good player. New York is the media center of the world and if Posey was there with 2 WS titles and an MVP in his only 2 full seasons the media would be going crazy over him.

Never said anything about Jeter. He is not the face of the MLB. YungAce claimed that. Oh yeah? If Posey was in NY huh? If he played for the Yankees?

How bout IF Allen Craig hit .450 with 100 HRs and 300 RBIs last year?

Woah I missed all of these earlier. I didn't realize I sparked a debate lol.

1) Jeter is the obvious answer to this poll. He's the biggest name on the biggest team in baseball, and gets more exposure than any other player in the league. He's a proven winner

2) I do believe Posey will be the next face of the MLB because like Jeter (as stated earlier), he's a proven winner. He's lead the Giants to a World Series title in each of his healthy seasons, won the NL MVP in his first full season, and is undoubtedly the leader and best player on his team. Trout plays with the likes of Pujols and Hamilton; other star hitters.

IMO
[ Edited by YungAce on Feb 21, 2013 at 3:26 AM ]
It's Mike Trout. Did you see how much coverage he was getting last year. In seasons past it was a Pujols/Jeter but now it's Mike Trout. The dude isn't slowing down.
Trout's the next Ken Griffey Jr.

Bryce Harper is the next Jr
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The fact that Derek Jeter is being mentioned as the face of the MLB still.....proves that the sport has no face.

Baseball is not an individual-player oriented sport like the NBA is. Individuals players just aren't as marketable, nor do they have the same impact on their teams winning like a Lebron James does.

You can take a Pujols off the Cardinals and they can still make it to the NLCS the following year. Now imagine the Heat with Lebron lmao.

Which is why the outrageous baseball salaries for star players are laughable.
[ Edited by crzy on Feb 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM ]
The fact that Derek Jeter is being mentioned as the face of the MLB still.....proves that the sport has no face.

Baseball is not an individual-player oriented sport like the NBA is. Individuals players just aren't as marketable, nor do they have the same impact on their teams winning like a Lebron James does.

You can take a Pujols off the Cardinals and they can still make it to the NLCS the following year. Now imagine the Heat with Lebron lmao.

Which is why the outrageous baseball salaries for star players are laughable.

Healthy Posey ..... 2 World Series. Posey out for the year.... out of the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone