LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Does this bother you about the NBA?

Originally posted by pdizo916:
NBA sucks but I also go for the Warriors.

I wish the nBA would adopt a true salary cap like the NFL but it will never happen.

I thought you were a Kings fan?
Originally posted by sacniner:
NBA sucks but I also go for the Warriors.

I wish the nBA would adopt a true salary cap like the NFL but it will never happen.

I thought you were a Kings fan?

Until the Maloofs sell the team and the new owners stay in Sac, I refuse to spend any time or energy on that team. That team pisses me off so much. Not a shred of loyalty is shown to their fans so I'm returning the favor.
I'm a Spurs and Warriors fan but I've noticed especially in the last 7 years even though my Spurs won 2 championships that my overall interest in the NBA is diminishing. And even though to some it's a controversial topic, I still believe at least in some form the NBA is fixed, seriously what's the point of having a lottery? Give the worst team the first pick.
If you're a fan of a team outside of the teams on that list, you're basicallty just an NBA fan. I enjoy watching elite players dominate
Not really. I freakin' hate parity. I like my dynasties. Same way I like my monarchs. It gives the world stability.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by dcsham:
If it was only a "big market" vs "small market" issue, then we would have had champions recently from NY, Philly, Chicago, LA Clippers...

Teams still have to draft well and have front office personnel who know what the hell they are doing. I would submit to everyone that the teams listed who have had most of the championships can demonstrate that they do both probably very well.

I don't really think the Lakers do both well. Aside from drafting Bynum, they haven't really done anything in the draft that's fabulous. Mitch just trades his 1st rd picks like he's trading magic beans.

His 1st rounders are late. And late 1st rounders in the NBA aren't worth much.
Until the Maloofs sell the team and the new owners stay in Sac, I refuse to spend any time or energy on that team. That team pisses me off so much. Not a shred of loyalty is shown to their fans so I'm returning the favor.

I feel you man. The Maloofs are isolating the fans. It's just hard for me to start truly being a fan of another team. I could still be a fan of certain players and cheer against some teams. But, I couldn't really rep another team because I won't have any kind of attachment to them. I guess everyone is different.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The salary cap in the NBA is a joke. It's not a real cap. Certain teams and markets have a huge advantage. If they had a real hard cap it would work better. Small markets have no chance against big markets or glamour markets with good weather where players want to go. There is no competativeness in the league. It's just stacked toward certain teams and markets. The NBA has 80% of the markets that can never win. Not a good way to run the league. In the NFL more teams can possibly win. Some ownership and markets are bad of course. But it's more fair than the NBA which is a joke. Still fun to watch. But a complete joke on fairness or level playing field for markets.

I don't buy this cap argument. The MLB doesn't even have a cap (last I recall), and yet smaller market teams are able to compete, are they not?
I agree with many of the points raised by LA but I also don't support his argument about a 7-game playoff system allowing the best team to win. MLB has a similar structure and yet we still see underdogs able to win.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I don't buy this cap argument. The MLB doesn't even have a cap (last I recall), and yet smaller market teams are able to compete, are they not?

Yeah, but as LA pointed out, the nature of the game is so much different. One superstar guy has a MUCH bigger impact on the game.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I agree with many of the points raised by LA but I also don't support his argument about a 7-game playoff system allowing the best team to win. MLB has a similar structure and yet we still see underdogs able to win.

Underdogs, according to who, the East Coast-biased media? The Giants were a major underdog this year, but when you sweep Detriot, no one can argue that the lesser team won.

Edit: I do see the irony of the two sentences.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Nov 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
If you're a fan of a team outside of the teams on that list, you're basicallty just an NBA fan. I enjoy watching elite players dominate

pretty much lol
i just root for lebron after the warriors finish their sucky season every year
I feel you man. The Maloofs are isolating the fans. It's just hard for me to start truly being a fan of another team. I could still be a fan of certain players and cheer against some teams. But, I couldn't really rep another team because I won't have any kind of attachment to them. I guess everyone is different.

Plus I am a san Francisco native and since the warriors ARE PLANNING to move to san fran, its much easier to root for them.

I always bandwagoned in basketball.

1 Charlotte hornets mid 90's
2 Chicago bulls. Mid to late 90's
3 Utah jazz. Late 90's to early 2000's
4 Sacramento kings 2000- 2011
5 warriors 2011-?

COME AT ME, BROS!!!!!!!!

Plus I am a san Francisco native and since the warriors ARE PLANNING to move to san fran, its much easier to root for them.

I always bandwagoned in basketball.

1 Charlotte hornets mid 90's
2 Chicago bulls. Mid to late 90's
3 Utah jazz. Late 90's to early 2000's
4 Sacramento kings 2000- 2011
5 warriors 2011-?

COME AT ME, BROS!!!!!!!!

In your defense, I think it's easier to root for certain teams during certain eras because of certain players- like, in the 80s and 90s everyone loved Jordan ( except for Pete , laker fans & Jazz fans) and, I, myself, was a huge fan of Isaiah Thomas, Dominique, Drexler & Barkley fan, (but don't really GAF about those squads these days), so it's not as cut and dry as "bandwagoning" NBA teams. It's more about just really appreciating certain players.

Hell, during the '80s, I loved watching Magic and "Cap" Jabbar, even though I hated the LA franchise- it was about the enjoyment of the product they provided.
I actually had this bird/magic converse ad on my wall growing up:

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by YungAce:

pretty much lol
i just root for lebron after the warriors finish their sucky season every year

It's fun to watch an individual player's game. Everybody plays different. And if you actually play, it's fun to try and emulate or just talk about the NBA on the courts with your friends.

IMO
Share 49ersWebzone