LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

2012 WORLD SERIES - Detroit Tigers vs San Francisco Giants (SF SWEEPS DETROIT!)

Originally posted by zillabeast:
All of this Tiger talk seems oddly reminiscent of the way people matched up the Phillies against us in the 2010 NLCS.

Don't need to remind everyone how that turned out.

Or the rangers and cliff lee
No matter who we play in the post season, the national media types like Kruk, Schilling, Williams, etc. will always see us as underdogs. Remember back in 2010? I don't think any of the pre-game show panels picked us to win any single GAME, let alone a post season series. It's been the same thing this year...so much so that last night, Kruk was saying the Giants could celebrate yesterday but would surely be waking up this morning looking at facing Verlander and saying "oh boy, what did we get ourselves into". Hilarious. And of course, after we win, it's always the "baseball gods" that have everything going our way.

It's an insult to the Giant players and management, but I guess we just have to live with it being a west coast team that isn't in LA.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Any Tigers fans up in here?
Originally posted by dcsham:
No matter who we play in the post season, the national media types like Kruk, Schilling, Williams, etc. will always see us as underdogs. Remember back in 2010? I don't think any of the pre-game show panels picked us to win any single GAME, let alone a post season series. It's been the same thing this year...so much so that last night, Kruk was saying the Giants could celebrate yesterday but would surely be waking up this morning looking at facing Verlander and saying "oh boy, what did we get ourselves into". Hilarious. And of course, after we win, it's always the "baseball gods" that have everything going our way.

It's an insult to the Giant players and management, but I guess we just have to live with it being a west coast team that isn't in LA.

I'll take the underdog role all day baby.
Play chippy.
Nomar is picking us to win in 6
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Nomar is picking us to win in 6

I think we win in 6 as well.
Tigers in 6
  • Garce
  • Veteran
The Giants have a far superior defense than the Tigers.

The Giants are a team who put the ball in play, hit a lot of ground ball singles and gap doubles.... that could be trouble for the tigers. If they don't play clean, Giants have shown they will capitalize on free passes.

Major differences that I think will turn the series towards the Giants again:

Defense
Bullpen
Its either going to be Detroit in 5 or the Giants in 7. I will go with being down 3 games to 2 and then coming back to ATT and doing the same thing we did to STL. Of course, I might be dead from the stress if that actually happens.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Its either going to be Detroit in 5 or the Giants in 7. I will go with being down 3 games to 2 and then coming back to ATT and doing the same thing we did to STL. Of course, I might be dead from the stress if that actually happens.

Me too
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
is there a game today ?

Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
is there a game today ?

no

game 1 is tomorrow
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
Noname is picking us to win in 6

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
is there a game today ?

no

game 1 is tomorrow

well excuse me I just jumped on the bandwagon yesterday.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:

Ya.. f**k the east coast bias
Would've been sweet to have a bay bridge series, maybe next year lol
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Quitugua01:
The SF Giants are gonna win the World Series, 4-2 over the Detroit Tigers...

Hey you're not allowed to make predictions in here
Sorry Bro, My bad...
Share 49ersWebzone