LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

2012 WORLD SERIES - Detroit Tigers vs San Francisco Giants (SF SWEEPS DETROIT!)

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I think SF has become a baseball city now. It was a football city for so long, but the combo of the Giants winning titles, and having a great stadium guaranteed to keep them around for decades is swaying the interest. The 49ers "leaving town" isnt sitting well with people in the city anyways.

The World Series ended up being the results of a flawed Tigers team that lost momentum, running into a speeding Giants train of momentum. They have some great players, but they have a terrible bullpen, a terrible bench, and play awful defense. Probably the worst combo of those things on a World Series team, and it was exposed. The Giants out-hit, out-pitched, out-defended, and out-managed the Tigers, all while punching them right in the mouth out of the gate unexpectedly.

in hindsight I should have been more confident going into the series, considering the circumstances of the way the Giants caught fire against STL, and how the Tigers got overconfident sweeping the Yankees and sitting around for a week. I guess I was just setting my expectations low to prevent heartbreak.

What do you base that on?

Most of the Giants fan base live outside SF, just like the 49ers fan base.

I live in SF, and for the most part the city itself is not a sports town. Its the Bay Area that is. Are you saying that a 49ers Championship Parade would be smaller than the Giants Parade(s)?

I think the Giants have come into their own as far as relevance, but I don't think anything has 'swayed'.

Dude... I agree with 99.

SF at least in the City itself most def is a SF Giants town.
Orange and Black everywhere.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Dude... I agree with 99.

ya maybe by 3rd and King.

Do you live in the City? Cuz I live in the largest neighborhood in SF and these people couldn't care less about sports. They don't even speak English.

The logic can be interpreted different ways.

My point is that most of those people in orange and black probably live outside the city limits.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Dude... I agree with 99.

ya maybe by 3rd and King.

Do you live in the City? Cuz I live in the largest neighborhood in SF and these people couldn't care less about sports. They don't even speak English.

The logic can be interpreted different ways.

My point is that most of those people in orange and black probably live outside the city limits.

Every time im in SF every 5th person is wearing a Giants cap...
Share 49ersWebzone