LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

2012 MLB Playoffs Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Tigers up 2 games to 0

I just cannot see the Yankees coming back in this series.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I mentioned it because of his age. Obviously an ankle injury isn't career ending.

Yep. The comments in this thread about Jeter are just stupid. Bottom line.

God forbid anyone disagree with you. I think this birthday has officially turned you senile.

I mentioned it because of his age. Obviously an ankle injury isn't career ending.

God forbid anyone disagree with you. I think this birthday has officially turned you senile.

No. Not rooting for a player to get seriously hurt and wanting all of the stars to play in the playoffs does not make one senile. Not caring about a players serious injury and whiining about the fact that no one cared that Posey got hurt just makes you look like a fool in my book.

No one rooted for him to get injured. Saying I don't give a s**t that Jeter is hurt is my opinion, deal with it. Clearly plenty of other people in here agree with me.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tigers up 2 games to 0

I just cannot see the Yankees coming back in this series.

Me either. Its over.

No. Not rooting for a player to get seriously hurt and wanting all of the stars to play in the playoffs does not make one senile. Not caring about a players serious injury and whiining about the fact that no one cared that Posey got hurt just makes you look like a fool in my book.

No one rooted for him to get injured. Saying I don't give a s**t that Jeter is hurt is my opinion, deal with it. Clearly plenty of other people in here agree with me.

I could not care less if there are 1.000 people who agree with you. I think its a BS opinion to have. That is MY fricking opinion. Deal with it.

I could not care less if there are 1.000 people who agree with you. I think its a BS opinion to have. That is MY fricking opinion. Deal with it.

Hypocritical of you, considering you hate when anyone has an opinion that differs from yours.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Hypocritical of you, considering you hate when anyone has an opinion that differs from yours.

No I dont. Your opinions I do though because they are usually SO homer based that even as a Giants fan I am embarrassed by them.
Ok John....keep on thinking that.

Dont start throwing a fit because the Niners lost and the Giants are down.

You get way too worked up about other peoples opinions. Most of the things that you have an issue with are crap that i never said. You just hear what you want to hear, and start ranting at me. Somehow the fact that I dont want the Yankees to win turned into me "smiling" and being "happy that Jeter is injured". Read things over a couple times first before you break out the condescending tone,

You get way too worked up about other peoples opinions. Most of the things that you have an issue with are crap that i never said. You just hear what you want to hear, and start ranting at me. Somehow the fact that I dont want the Yankees to win turned into me "smiling" and being "happy that Jeter is injured". Read things over a couple times first before you break out the condescending tone,

I wouldn't hold my breath.
As a brewers fans we got within 1 1/2 games of the wildcard and had a great run of something like 23 and 5 or whatever to make it a race. Anyways, I know this would never happen but the whole time I couldn't help but think to myself teams like Washington, Cinci, SF, etc if they were smart would have rolled over when playing the brewers to help the Brewers get in the playoffs. The Cardinals are like the Giants of mlb. I knew they would win the wild card game and I knew they would go on a run again. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with another world series win. Teams are probably kicking themselves thinking why the heck didn't we help the Brewers (or even Dodgers) in as they watch the Cardinals mow them all down. yeah, stupid thought huh... i can just see all the gm's and owners calling each other up, yeah cardinals are dangerous... do your best to keep them out of the playoffs. They are like the giants though, they do things the right way and they play their best in the post season and when their backs are against he wall. It's amazing yet sickening at the same time. I'm glad baseball isn't my #1 sport though because I would get sick of the same teams every year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM ]

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
As a brewers fans we got within 1 1/2 games of the wildcard and had a great run of something like 23 and 5 or whatever to make it a race. Anyways, I know this would never happen but the whole time I couldn't help but think to myself teams like Washington, Cinci, SF, etc if were smart would have rolled over to help the Brewers get in the playoffs. I Cardinals are like the Giants of mlb. I knew they would win the wild card game and I knew they would go on a run again. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up with another world series win. I knew it would never happen but teams are probably kicking themselves thinking why the heck didn't we help the Brewers (or even Dodgers) in as they watch the Cardinals mow them all down. yeah, stupid thought huh... i can just see all the gm's and owners calling each other up, yeah cardinals are dangerous... do your best to keep them out of the playoffs. They are like the giants though, they do things the right way and they play their best in the post season and when their backs are against he wall. It's amazing yet sickening at the same time. I'm glad baseball isn't my #1 sport though because I would get sick of the same teams every year.

You mean the NY Giants are the STL Cardinals of football. Cards have been doing this for a while.
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM ]

Not throwing a fit at all about the Giants or Niners. You see, I actually dont go crazy and say stupid things when they lose.unlike many in here. I just do not like Stalyn or your take on Jeter's injury and expressed that. I never ever want to see a player hurt . Period. I dont want to see any Cardinal get hurt tonight even if it means an easier path to the WS for the Giants. I want my team to earn the win with the teams at full strength and not because a key guy went down. Sorry if you cant get that.

jrg, did you get that feeling they could go on a run again? part of every fan says yeah they deserve it they are a great team, they do things the right way, they play their best when it matters most... another part says how is it fair for a team with 94 wins to lose to an 88 win team in 1 game. if it isn't for the new rule they aren't in. I almost think they should go with a 3 game wild card... then a 5 game division, then 7 game championship and then 7 game world series. Anyways, I will be rooting for Detroit since I like parity and I don't think we need NY or STL winning their 28th or 12th title, they already own like 43% of the ws. Also, Yankees have been to 40+, and they wonder why people are tired of baseball. Same with the NBA... it's great if you are a fan of one of those few teams otherwise it's pointless. Look at the nba with celtics and lakers having 1/2 the championships.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM ]
Lets go!
Dammit
Share 49ersWebzone