LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

2012 MLB Playoffs Thread

baseball is fixed.
s**t! What happened. I checked the score and all of the sudden it's tied!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
Tigers/Yankees/Cardinals/Giants

I may just be excited...but...is this the best postseason (so far) yet?

First time this many Game 5's...tons of dramatic finishes...

lol if the Cards lost tonight, you wouldve been like "screw this postseason, it sucks. Im not even watching the rest of it".

See there is where you're wrong. Unlike most on here, I actually follow baseball. Not only my team.

You gotta take off the homer glasses sometimes, man. I said I thought it was the best postseason so far before...and I stand by that statement after last night
carbera is gonna hit valverde with a bat

did you guys see the look on his face

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Ichiro and Ibanez hit bombs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Ibanez 2 run shot in the bottom of the 9th.

Tied at 4 now.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I'm sorry to learn that Raul Ibanez sold his soul to the devil.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:
I'm sorry to learn that Raul Ibanez sold his soul to the devil.

lol if the Cards lost tonight, you wouldve been like "screw this postseason, it sucks. Im not even watching the rest of it".

See there is where you're wrong. Unlike most on here, I actually follow baseball. Not only my team.

You gotta take off the homer glasses sometimes, man. I said I thought it was the best postseason so far before...and I stand by that statement after last night

lol, jrg is telling people to stop being homers? Cards fans are the most notorious homers in baseball.

I was referencing the way you were acting before and after the end of last nights game. Before the comeback, you were all sad and upset, then all the sudden they win and youre beating your chest about how the Cards are going to repeat. I just find it hard to believe that if they lost, your attitude wouldve been "oh well, cant win every year. I look forward to a thrilling NLCS between the Nats and Giants!"
  • Garce
  • Veteran

he sure was legendary in 2010 vs. The Giants.

Not.

• jrg
  • Veteran

lol, jrg is telling people to stop being homers? Cards fans are the most notorious homers in baseball.

I was referencing the way you were acting before and after the end of last nights game. Before the comeback, you were all sad and upset, then all the sudden they win and youre beating your chest about how the Cards are going to repeat. I just find it hard to believe that if they lost, your attitude wouldve been "oh well, cant win every year. I look forward to a thrilling NLCS between the Nats and Giants!"

Most notorious homers in baseball. From what source...you?

I've NEVER heard anything regarding homerism other than from Giant fans on here. Meanwhile, other fanbases (on this forum) EVEN your own fellow Giant fans are calling you guys all homers. I'm a homer for posting STATS and proving my point. You guys just keep thinking the Giants are superior for some reason...so I asked skeet how. Explain to me how you think the Giants are better. What do I get? A bunch of s**t about Lincecum is throwing strikes now.

I've been confident of the Cardinals throughout the whole season. We have a very well rounded team. Do you expect me to be happy when we're losing 6-0? Of course I'm going to be sad and upset. You apparently don't know me too well.

Check it

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7180891/off-base-investigates-st-louis-cardinals-fans-best-baseball

WHY THEY MIGHT BE:

1. Incredible Passion: Despite playing in a market smaller than Sacramento, the Cardinals have drawn at least 3 million fans 12 of the past 13 seasons and have surpassed the league average (and usually by a lot) 29 of the past 30 seasons. Apparently a city ordinance also requires residents wear a Cardinals cap because everyone does. And I'm happy to say none of them are pink! I have never seen one city so proudly bear the local team's colors and it really is impressive. These are such devoted fans I'm only surprised they don't wear replica pants and stirrup socks in addition to caps and jerseys.

2. Loyalty and Civility: Cardinals fans are famous for never, ever booing, not even opponents. This is somewhat exaggerated -- I remember hearing fans boo their beloved Cardinals when they were getting swept in the 2004 World Series -- but such things are rare. These fans are amazingly polite, supportive and respectful (the workers in the Busch Stadium concession stands even stop serving when the national anthem plays). The only thing they would dare throw at players is ticker-tape. How nice are these fans? I think they would even have cheered for Milton Bradley.

3. Knowledge: Before taking my order, a waiter who could not have been older than 30 bragged about his Bob Gibson autograph collection and talked about the 1964 World Series as if he had box seats to it. St. Louis fans know the game so well they can probably explain to you how it made sense for Tony La Russa to have a pitcher pinch-hit for a pitcher who was pinch-hitting for a pitcher in Game 6. (Hmmm, maybe it was time for Tony to retire.)

[ Edited by jrg on Oct 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

he sure was legendary in 2010 vs. The Giants.

Not.

Just posting a picture I saw
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Cabrera and Fielder
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 13, 2012 at 9:38 PM ]
Ooo, Jeter down. That sucks.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Damn. Jeter can't even walk off the field
Share 49ersWebzone