There are 264 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Ibaka can hit 3s now? WTF
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

Lol Kobe's head
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

Lol Kobe's head

And Nash in the wheelchair, hahaha, Phoenix training staff FTW!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Check out the coach's reaction in the last replay...lol

"He's like, you're lucky on this one," Batum said of Stotts' message to him after the toss. "[It] better [have] worked. Next time I kill you."
lol!
The Barea/Allen thing is such a f**kin non issue. This league is so pu55ied out now. Flagrant one probably, and get over it. Should just be a personal foul and maybe a tech Barea and/or Allen for talking s**t. So overblown. The foul was not that bad. Barea was pissed about the non-call and chest bumped Allen. Right after the foul, Barea walked away... not like he was standing over him.
Loooolllll at Yao
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by dobophile:
NBA players are rewarded for overreacting to hard fouls like that because it causes the refs to step in and overpunish the offender. Wade/Allen knew the deal: act outraged and pretend to be on the verge of throwing a punch and the ref will be more inclined to call a flagrant and order JJ ejected.

It's the NBA's version of fake soccer injury.

Wade pretended to throw a punch? Where? He was just making sure Allen didn't do something to get suspended.

Barea over-reacted to Allen's slight push off earlier in the play. Why can't Ray Allen over-react?

I never said Wade pretended to throw a punch. Wade ran directly into the scrum, kind of aggressively, and then once Allen was up he got between Allen and Barea. There was an unspoken acknowledgement there: Hey, I should run in here, and then you should act angry so that I can hold you back, and then the ref will punish Barea because things are getting out of hand. The overreaction pussies in NBA are getting tiresome. That foul was nothing to get upset about, really.

I don't think it was spontaneous and unthinking, no.

Maybe...I agree that flag 2 was ridiculous but Barea was retaliating and clearly, Allen took an exception to that.

Rest of the other stuff, whether it was spontaneous or not from Wade or Allen - I don't know. That's hard to tell. I know what you mean though...but the way Wade reacted is pretty normal and happens all the time in NBA. I do think Allen over-reacted and should have just walked away.

What is clear though - what Barea did was not spontaneous or unthinking. But, IMO bad referring and intention of Barea had more to do with the ejection. It was a wrong decision.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Man, Dwight Howard is a punk

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-nelson-lewis-resent-howards-comments

• jrg
  • Veteran
Magic leading Heat 84-81 in 4th quarter

Vucevic with 23/20 so far

Last time they faced on 12/21 Vucevic had 20pts 29reb
[ Edited by jrg on Mar 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Man, Dwight Howard is a punk

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton-nelson-lewis-resent-howards-comments

I don't see why they should be butt hurt about that. He didn't say they sucked. Just that they were players nobody wanted. The SF giants won a WS with a bunch of players nobody wanted. They were a ragtag bunch of guys that pulled it together and made a run. Just like the magic.

Them dudes need to put their big boy panties on.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Magic gave everything the Heat could handle. Some calls towards the end of the game went Heat's way too and then Lebron hit the game winner with 3 seconds left. Fun game to watch.

Vucevic was insane.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Magic gave everything the Heat could handle. Some calls towards the end of the game went Heat's way too and then Lebron hit the game winner with 3 seconds left. Fun game to watch.

Vucevic was insane.

Vucevic is gonna be a star
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Vucevic was insane.

Vucevic is gonna be a star

The dude is a beast. Plays pretty decent defense too for someone who is starting for the time this year.
Share 49ersWebzone