There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
And those three are gonna combine to make about $5.2M next year. That's how you rebuild. People are very impatient, but they know what they're doing.

The magic are doing it the anti Warriors way

They had a superstar to trade. We had monta lol
double boast
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Feb 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
They had a superstar to trade. We had monta lol

Ya.. but we could've traded Monta for the Nets pick last year but chose not too

Probably could've traded Monta a while ago and been a bottom 3 team instead of being stuck with the 7 to 10th pick every year.

Oh well, were the 6th seed right now and after next year Jefferson, Beidrins, and Bogut's contracts all expire. So we'll have a s**tload of cap room. I doubt we get anyone huge but we have a chance to and by then hopefully both Barnes and Klay are playing near all star level :)
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
And those three are gonna combine to make about $5.2M next year. That's how you rebuild. People are very impatient, but they know what they're doing.

The magic are doing it the anti Warriors way

They had a superstar to trade. We had monta lol

And you guys used Monta to bring in even more salary in Bogut and S-Jax (then Jefferson), while Orlando traded a better player for cheaper guys like Afflalo, Harrington (expiring k this offseason), Vucevic, Harkless, & picks.

As fun as this year has been for Warrior fans, their decision making has capped the team's potential out as a 5th or 6th seed, IMO.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
And you guys used Monta to bring in even more salary in Bogut and S-Jax (then Jefferson), while Orlando traded a better player for cheaper guys like Afflalo, Harrington (expiring k this offseason), Vucevic, Harkless, & picks.

As fun as this year has been for Warrior fans, their decision making has capped the team's potential out as a 5th or 6th seed, IMO.

I agree. Unless they actually sign a superstar when Bogut's, Beidrins', and Jefferson's contracts expire then they probably won't do better than the 5th seed. And I doubt they sign a big name player when it happens. They might trade for one but no superstar wants to come play for the Warriors.

New ownership was too impatient imo
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by YungAce:
They had a superstar to trade. We had monta lol

Ya.. but we could've traded Monta for the Nets pick last year but chose not too

Probably could've traded Monta a while ago and been a bottom 3 team instead of being stuck with the 7 to 10th pick every year.

Oh well, were the 6th seed right now and after next year Jefferson, Beidrins, and Bogut's contracts all expire. So we'll have a s**tload of cap room. I doubt we get anyone huge but we have a chance to and by then hopefully both Barnes and Klay are playing near all star level :)

Was that even a valid rumor? I would have jumped on that asap. Lillard or Drummond and Barnes. Oh well
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by jrg:
me some Nkola Vucevic

Harkless is looking pretty solid, but don't forget about Andrew Nicholson. He may be the player I'm the most excited about.

Will be a Laker in 2015

Originally posted by YungAce:
Was that even a valid rumor? I would have jumped on that asap. Lillard or Drummond and Barnes. Oh well

I thought it was... God knows which rumors are valid or not lol


Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by jrg:
me some Nkola Vucevic

Harkless is looking pretty solid, but don't forget about Andrew Nicholson. He may be the player I'm the most excited about.

Will be a Laker in 2015


Jeremy Lamb is a boss
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I agree. Unless they actually sign a superstar when Bogut's, Beidrins', and Jefferson's contracts expire then they probably won't do better than the 5th seed. And I doubt they sign a big name player when it happens. They might trade for one but no superstar wants to come play for the Warriors.

New ownership was too impatient imo

They will probably trade Jefferson/Bogut/Beidrins for another all-star type player who has ridiculous contract. Watch them sign someone like Lopez and Humphries and then Nets will land a superstar in 2014.
Lolwut

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8982543/sources-oklahoma-city-thunder-trying-bring-back-derek-fisher

Sources: Thunder eye Derek Fisher


The Oklahoma City Thunder are preparing to re-sign veteran guard Derek Fisher, according to sources familiar with the Thunder's thinking.


Sources told ESPN.com that the Thunder, after trading Eric Maynor away last week before the NBA's annual trade deadline, have made plans to sign Fisher, who joined the Thunder for the stretch run in March 2012 after the Los Angeles Lakers dealt Fisher to Houston.
Originally posted by jrg:
Lolwut

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8982543/sources-oklahoma-city-thunder-trying-bring-back-derek-fisher

Sources: Thunder eye Derek Fisher


The Oklahoma City Thunder are preparing to re-sign veteran guard Derek Fisher, according to sources familiar with the Thunder's thinking.


Sources told ESPN.com that the Thunder, after trading Eric Maynor away last week before the NBA's annual trade deadline, have made plans to sign Fisher, who joined the Thunder for the stretch run in March 2012 after the Los Angeles Lakers dealt Fisher to Houston.

Man, if Fish doesn't retire he's just gonna have to wait that much longer to get into the Hall of fame............















































^I loaded this page and saw your smiley first...swear to god I was afraid to scroll up because I thought you had posted that Fisher/Jameer picture
Originally posted by jrg:
^I loaded this page and saw your smiley first...swear to god I was afraid to scroll up because I thought you had posted that Fisher/Jameer picture

Well I don't wanna leave you hanging:



Dude...