Stern is a giant POS.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Spurs fined 250k

Stern is a giant POS.

Thats pennies for them. But wtf stern what a b***h
  • jrg
  • Veteran
250k for resting their players while playing their 4th game in 5 nights.
Originally posted by jrg:

It is bad for business and stupid. Good job Stern.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Those same fans that were pissed about not seeing these "stars" would be equally as upset if a fatigued Tim Duncan was to play and get hurt.
Stern being stupid again. Guy needs to leave now rather than in 2014.

And the Heat were playing after 4 days of rest lol
The Heat should be fined $250K for nearly collapsing against the Spurs B squad
Imagine if the Spurs won the game, would they still get fined?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I don't understand why David Stern gets so much hate when he does things like this which are obviously in the best interest of the NBA long-term.

The NBA can't allow teams to just blatantly tank games when they're charging people who mostly come only for the star players.

The punishment wasn't too lenient or harsh, and it send a clear message to the Spurs and the rest of the NBA. "If you're gonna tank a game , then do it subtedly, and don't be so damn blatant about it"

Obviously the long-term solution should be to shorten the damn NBA schedule....it's way too f**king long.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't understand why David Stern gets so much hate when he does things like this which are obviously in the best interest of the NBA long-term.

The NBA can't allow teams to just blatantly tank games when they're charging people who mostly come only for the star players.

The punishment wasn't too lenient or harsh, and it send a clear message to the Spurs and the rest of the NBA. "If you're gonna tank a game , then do it subtedly, and don't be so damn blatant about it"

Obviously the long-term solution should be to shorten the damn NBA schedule....it's way too f**king long.

I agree. He could have played Duncan and Ginobili half a game. Parker is 30 and Danny Green is 25 - why do they need a game off in November?

Allen Iverson got so much criticism because he missed practices...so if Popovich isn't trying his best to win a game - something is wrong. If I was Stern - I would have suspended Popovich for a game and told him that he needs rest as well.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Also Duncan and Ginobili are like 35 years old. This is why professional sports should not be run by a dictatorship, there should be something like a board of directors.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:

I totally disagree. Pop is allowed to run his team the way he sees fit. If he wants to give run to his bench guys for whatever reason, be it to rest his starters or to see what he's got in terms of bench players in prime time, then he should be allowed to. This isn't a team trying to tank for a draft spot, this is a contender trying to win a title. So what if fans want to see a different product? Ultimately the goal is to win a championship, at least it should be. Stern's decision is more about him asserting his massive ego into an area it doesn't belong.
This is madness. The next time Pop wants to rest his players, he should have them suit up and play exactly 1 minute. Then flip off the camera.
The Spurs were set up by the schedule to be a sacrificial lamb for a nationally-televised slaughter. They played 4 road games in 5 nights, and the Heat were coming off of 4 days of rest.

And the Spurs nearly won. Not only did Pop get much-needed rest for his tired stars, who frankly would have looked haggard if they'd played, he also made a solid basketball decision by playing his younger, fresher guys who have been stuck on a deep bench. The man's a genius.