There are 94 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

coach pop dont give a f**k about what stern thinks
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
finally watching that fight....... that was kinda weak lol.. i was expecting more

it was pretty weak. KG gets a small push to his shoulder, falls down hard to sell it, and Rondo tryna act like a big man. Glad Humphries fouled KG. Garnett didn't get into it until Bass was in front of him lol

Edit: I guess I was wrong about KG waiting until Bass got there. He got behind Humphries and tried to trip him lol

HA! I just saw the replay again after seeing this picture and KG totally got up and went for the trip and rip. His douchessness/b***hness never ceases to amaze me. lol

lol he's such a douche
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:

Will be a Spur in 2014.
I can't believe the Spurs nearly beat the Heat last night. They played without Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Green, and Jackson.

That was one of the most enjoyable regular season games I have ever watched. The depth of this team is something else. It's a shame the Big 3 are so old and destined to flame out in May. Short of Leonard blossoming into a superstar, I fear the Spurs will disappoint me again after getting my hopes up.

No one asked IIRC
[ Edited by marshniners24 on Nov 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I can't believe the Spurs nearly beat the Heat last night. They played without Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard, Green, and Jackson.

That was one of the most enjoyable regular season games I have ever watched. The depth of this team is something else. It's a shame the Big 3 are so old and destined to flame out in May. Short of Leonard blossoming into a superstar, I fear the Spurs will disappoint me again after getting my hopes up.

Spurs do have some decent bench players...but having seen the Heat in 10+ games this season - I believe it was more to do with Heat taking them lightly more than anything else. The Heat lacked intensity, which has been a trend this season - but yesterday was worse than usual. They played with sense of urgency after they went down by 7 and 3-4 minutes left.
Spurs fined 250k
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Spurs fined 250k

Stern is a giant POS.

Thats pennies for them. But wtf stern what a b***h
  • jrg
  • Veteran
250k for resting their players while playing their 4th game in 5 nights.
Originally posted by jrg:

It is bad for business and stupid. Good job Stern.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

It is bad for business and stupid. Good job Stern.

Those same fans that were pissed about not seeing these "stars" would be equally as upset if a fatigued Tim Duncan was to play and get hurt.

Stern being stupid again. Guy needs to leave now rather than in 2014.

And the Heat were playing after 4 days of rest lol
The Heat should be fined $250K for nearly collapsing against the Spurs B squad
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Imagine if the Spurs won the game, would they still get fined?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't understand why David Stern gets so much hate when he does things like this which are obviously in the best interest of the NBA long-term.

The NBA can't allow teams to just blatantly tank games when they're charging people who mostly come only for the star players.

The punishment wasn't too lenient or harsh, and it send a clear message to the Spurs and the rest of the NBA. "If you're gonna tank a game , then do it subtedly, and don't be so damn blatant about it"

Obviously the long-term solution should be to shorten the damn NBA schedule....it's way too f**king long.
Share 49ersWebzone