There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Does Marshall Henderson have a shot in the NBA? Kinda like that kid. Kinda reminds me of Chris Herren though, hopefully that doesn't come true.

I think he does. I like him too. Every few years there's a guy that comes around who I feel will be an NBA player because he possesses an abundance of confidence & competitiveness that will overcome their lack of physical ability. The three guys in the last decade who I felt that way about were Steve Blake, Jared Dudley, and Greivis Vasquez. I feel the same way about Henderson. He's too dumb, stubborn, & competitive to know that he belongs in the D-League.

He has an NBA skill (shooting) that teams can use off of the bench. There's a place for him in the pick & roll heavy NBA, IMO.

Reminds me of Steph Curry and how he was an elite shooter but I thought he didn't have the body to play in the NBA. Turns out I was really wrong about Steph.

I was really wrong about Steph too, but to be fair he had PG skills that weren't really on display at Davidson, because he was rightfully their #1 scoring option by a wide margin. Steph doesn't have the body to play the SG, but he has some very good PG skills. That's what separates him from a guy like Fredette. If Henderson has that as well, he'll be a very good player.

I wasnt.
Ok so I'm a football 100% N I get why football players (starters N backups) make what they do but why is it backup basketball players are pay 5mill or more to play a few mins a game N get like 4-6 points???????
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Ok so I'm a football 100% N I get why football players (starters N backups) make what they do but why is it backup basketball players are pay 5mill or more to play a few mins a game N get like 4-6 points???????

5 players vs 22+. Pretty simple.

The make a bigger impact in games than football backups do. That's why there are 6th man of the year awards. Some guys are just better off the bench.

Better question................ is it that hard to type AND instead of N?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

When you become perfect then come back AND talk to me about tha way I do things ...

What's the vet min for backup bball players? I thought it was way less than 5 mil..

When you become perfect then come back AND talk to me about tha way I do things ...

LOL... Nice to see you do know how to type AND afterall.
Originally posted by YungAce:

What's the vet min for backup bball players? I thought it was way less than 5 mil..

It is. Most of the Warriors make under $5 million per year. Jefferson and Biedrins were given stupid contracts when they were starters which inflates the Warriors payroll. The minimum for a 10 yr vet is around 1.3 million.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 25, 2013 at 10:38 PM ]

I'm not sure don't really fallow basketball that much just have seen what some back up players have signed for ... thought it was alot for a backup but its basketball N different thought I'd ask for some reason I thought I'd get a reasonable N real answer ...

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/minimum_scale
  • IT21
  • Veteran

It is. Most of the Warriors make under $5 million per year. Jefferson and Biedrins were given stupid contracts when they were starters which inflates the Warriors payroll. The minimum for a 10 yr vet is around 1.3 million.

Oh God, when we trade those expiring contracts next year and free up 20+ mill in cap space
mavs =)
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBCniner:
mavs =)

Nice win...they are going to be tough to hold off for a playoff spot IMO. Lakers really f**ked up by losing 3 straight. Dallas is playing really well right now.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Nice win...they are going to be tough to hold off for a playoff spot IMO. Lakers really f**ked up by losing 3 straight. Dallas is playing really well right now.

i agree, we have two more home games...one against the pacers then the bulls. then we play the lakers apr,2nd. that will decide it right there