LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
I suddenly feel REALLY old.

If 26 is old, I'm about to start collecting my 401K.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I suddenly feel REALLY old.

If 26 is old, I'm about to start collecting my 401K.

I'm 26. HAHA
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
He's in the latter half of his career. He's past his prime.
Originally posted by crzy:

Lol oh

That's enough Internet for the day
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Past his prime? Uh...how?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
came into thread and lol'd
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Dwight will be a HOFer

Kidd is a lock too

Kinda sad that that Dwight howard is considered a HoF center now a days

I know he's the best center in the league but he doesn't even compare to those in the 90s. If Dwight Howard played in the 90's he wouldn't be top 5 lol
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Dwight will be a HOFer

Kidd is a lock too

Kinda sad that that Dwight howard is considered a HoF center now a days

I know he's the best center in the league but he doesn't even compare to those in the 90s. If Dwight Howard played in the 90's he wouldn't be top 5 lol

There was definitely a lot more talent at the position in the 90's. I think he is right there around top 5 if you stick him in the 90's.

Shaq
Hakeem
Ewing
Robinson

And then I go Alonzo. Dwight might be right there with Alonzo.
No need to get all Kurt Thomas-y on us, crzy.
Howard would be a HOF center in any era. And he'd average a few more PPG in other eras as well, without the zone defenses. Post play has been de-emphasized by the rules.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Howard would be a HOF center in any era. And he'd average a few more PPG in other eras as well, without the zone defenses. Post play has been de-emphasized by the rules.

I just don't think Howard compares to the elite centers of the 90s. Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing, Robinson..
The thought of Dwight howard going against Hakeem or Robinson like they did against eachother in 1995 makes me lol.
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM ]
I just don't think Howard compares to the elite centers of the 90s. Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing, Robinson..
The thought of Dwight howard going against Hakeem or Robinson like they did against eachother in 1995 makes me lol.

Hakeem and Robinson went against each other in the respect that they faced off in the playoffs, but Dream took the Admiral behind the woodshed in that series and beat the hell out of him. But I get you. Personally...I'd rate Dwight 4th behind Olajuwon, Shaq, and Robinson, but better than Ewing and Mourning. The first four had better post games than Howard, but you can make the case that Howard's the best combination of defense & rebounding in that group as well.

Hakeem and Robinson went against each other in the respect that they faced off in the playoffs, but Dream took the Admiral behind the woodshed in that series and beat the hell out of him. But I get you. Personally...I'd rate Dwight 4th behind Olajuwon, Shaq, and Robinson, but better than Ewing and Mourning. The first four had better post games than Howard, but you can make the case that Howard's the best combination of defense & rebounding in that group as well.

Dwight at 4 or 5 on that list sounds about right.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Dwight at 4 or 5 on that list sounds about right.

I was never a Ewing fan. Excellent player, but got more press than he deserved because he was in NY, and his teams always played better without him.
Howard is a twig compared to those doots they'd just throw their weight at him
Share 49ersWebzone