LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

2012-13 General NBA Discussion Thread

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If Pau Gasol was American, would he be a HOFer?

Depends on whether or not he had a successful NCAA career.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Yes. His numbers are HOF worthy. about 19ppg, almost 10rpg, 1.7bpg, over 3apg etc. He is a HOFer just based on his NBA career.

Eh, 18.7/9.2/3.2/1.7 puts him in a decent sized stack of non-HOFers after the age of 31.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Yes. His numbers are HOF worthy. about 19ppg, almost 10rpg, 1.7bpg, over 3apg etc. He is a HOFer just based on his NBA career.

Eh, 18.7/9.2/3.2/1.7 puts him in a decent sized stack of non-HOFers after the age of 31.

He lead crappy Griz teams to playoffs and then won 2 championships with Lakers. IMO, he is definitely a HOFer. Maybe not 1st ballot HOF but he gets in after a few years based on those numbers and post-season success. Also, he would have made the USA Olympics team and won couple of gold medals.

He lead crappy Griz teams to playoffs and then won 2 championships with Lakers. IMO, he is definitely a HOFer. Maybe not 1st ballot HOF but he gets in after a few years based on those numbers and post-season success. Also, he would have made the USA Olympics team and won couple of gold medals.

3 consecutive 1st round exits does not a HOF player make.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

3 consecutive 1st round exits does not a HOF player make.

So, Carmelo won't make HOF...

Hubie won coach of the year because no one expected them to make the playoffs. Also, that's not Gasol's only achievement. If you read rest of my post, he won 2 championships, and would have likely won 2 gold medals with pretty damn good stats to go along with.

He is a HOFer

Hubie won coach of the year because no one expected them to make the playoffs. Also, that's not Gasol's only achievement. If you read rest of my post, he won 2 championships, and would have likely won 2 gold medals with pretty damn good stats to go along with.

He is a HOFer

Carmelo's a 25ppg guy.

Gasol won 2 championships just like Chris Bosh has won 1.
Pau Gasol IMO in not a HOFer. very good player but not one of the all time greats
Originally posted by ItouchMyself:

He is a HOFer

Carmelo's a 25ppg guy.

Gasol won 2 championships just like Kobe has won 3.

Agreed.

This one always cracks me up. The Lakers win nothing without Kobe 2000-2003. lol

How's those Spurs 3.5 rings feel?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Pau Gasol is a good player, but I don't consider him a Hall of Famer. Just an All-Star caliber player.

Although the criteria for a HOF basketball player is totally screwed up by the fact that the NBA doesn't even have a Hall of Fame.

I don't think Pau Gasol would be considered by anyone to be in the top 75 players of All-Time.

Here is a good question: Chris Webber vs Pau Gasol?
Originally posted by crzy:
Pau Gasol is a good player, but I don't consider him a Hall of Famer. Just an All-Star caliber player.

Although the criteria for a HOF basketball player is totally screwed up by the fact that the NBA doesn't even have a Hall of Fame.

I don't think Pau Gasol would be considered by anyone to be in the top 75 players of All-Time.

Webber, easily.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:

Webber, easily.

Totally agree.

Webber is a lock for the HOF too with his Michigan career and peak NBA production.
[ Edited by crzy on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM ]
My dude Cwebb
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Is Kevin Garnett HOF worthy?
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Is Kevin Garnett HOF worthy?

1st ballot.
[ Edited by GameOver on Oct 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone