LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

What a game last night

Clippers lakers first round match up!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
What a game last night

hah this is one of my favourite GIFs
Lakers vs sixers starting in 10 minutes.
Lakers start the game horrifically ice cold. Can't buy a bucket.
Lakers shook of the early rust to make it a close game at the half. Then came out in the 3rd and look horrific again.
Gasol is horrible. Wow. Right now he would have to be the most overpaid player in the league. ( I might be missing a couple but he is really awful right now)
Horrible shooting night for the Lakers. Defense was hideous, but that's to be expected.

And again, the Lakers fail to rise over the .500 mark.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Horrible shooting night for the Lakers. Defense was hideous, but that's to be expected.

How did Howard play 39 minutes and only have one made FG? Seems impossible almost.
Originally posted by sacniner:

How did Howard play 39 minutes and only have one made FG? Seems impossible almost.

He played like s**t. Like everybody else. lol
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM ]

The Lakers need to find their groove. They put a game or two together then s**t themselves. I still don't understand why Jamison isn't playing.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That was tough to watch! 2 of the most skilled big man in the NBA look below a average.

because the guy has no offensive game. if he's not getting easy layups or dunks, he wont be putting up points.

there is a reason he's only getting 8-12 shot attempts a night, and most of those are coming of pick and rolls and put backs. if you've watched howard play in orlando, and even though he was the main offensive weapon, even then he was rarely getting 20-25 shots a night; and the nights that he did get those shot attempts, he wasn't putting up good FG percentage numbers (check the game logs). on top of that, he still has those 4-5 TO games with us as well, while barely getting any touches...

and gasol has sure lost a step, he's never been that athletic, but right now he's looking really old.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Jan 2, 2013 at 7:39 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

because the guy has no offensive game. if he's not getting easy layups or dunks, he wont be putting up points.

there is a reason he's only getting 8-12 shot attempts a night, and most of those are coming of pick and rolls and put backs. if you've watched howard play in orlando, and even though he was the main offensive weapon, even then he was rarely getting 20-25 shots a night; and the nights that he did get those shot attempts, he wasn't putting up good FG percentage numbers (check the game logs). on top of that, he still has those 4-5 TO games with us as well, while barely getting any touches...

and gasol has sure lost a step, he's never been that athletic, but right now he's looking really old.
I will stick with my assumption he isn't 100% recovered from back surgery, it will either take till next year or he will never be the same. Speaking from experience (I had two) back surgery rarely puts someone back to "good as new". There is a very long recovery time as nerves regenerate themselves, most of the time the best the back surgery does is cure severe pain issues, but can leave a person with permanently weak legs. I bet if you measured his vertical leap it is way down from before he had back issues.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

I will stick with my assumption he isn't 100% recovered from back surgery, it will either take till next year or he will never be the same. Speaking from experience (I had two) back surgery rarely puts someone back to "good as new". There is a very long recovery time as nerves regenerate themselves, most of the time the best the back surgery does is cure severe pain issues, but can leave a person with permanently weak legs. I bet if you measured his vertical leap it is way down from before he had back issues.

i buy that argument, im sure he's not 100% yet, however, it's not like he still not dunking on guys and getting 4-5 blocks a game. if anything he doesnt have his legs back yet or his cardio, because he should be running those other big men off the court, there is no C and very few PFs that can keep up with Howards speed as a big man.
Share 49ersWebzone