Lakers payroll - over $80M (guessing)

Ticket cost - expensive

Hearing Valrod, Marsh, SF, Ninerjohn, etc. talk trash - worthless

We dont even got Rubio back yet, number 1 seed once he starts playing

BOOK IT

#2 seed behind the dubs

This. Kings coming in strong at 3rd
What exactly has MDA brought?

Seriously, every play is a high pick an roll, or an ISO. We're sitting around more than we ever have before? After every game MDA talks about how there is no movement or energy on offense, but it feels like every game we get worse at this...

And every time we start to actually move the ball around, we turn it over, and having transition D as poor as we do, leads to quick points on the other end.

It's becoming really hard to watch, something has to change. Someone (Kobe) is going to blow. MDA is already getting so frustrated answering questions he is starting to lose it after games.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
What exactly has MDA brought?

Seriously, every play is a high pick an roll, or an ISO. We're sitting around more than we ever have before? After every game MDA talks about how there is no movement or energy on offense, but it feels like every game we get worse at this...

And every time we start to actually move the ball around, we turn it over, and having transition D as poor as we do, leads to quick points on the other end.

It's becoming really hard to watch, something has to change. Someone (Kobe) is going to blow. MDA is already getting so frustrated answering questions he is starting to lose it after games.

Definition of a cluster f**k. It's horrible, but I find it fascinating. I've watched every single minute of this season, and they just don't...........f**k, I dunno. They just don't do s**t right. Don't pass, shoot, defend, rebound, or even just try.
I know. I talk to my buddy all the time trying to figure out what it is....But really, we don't do anything well.

Actually, the only thing we've improved on is 3 point shooting, which has been the weakest part of our offense for I dont know how long.

I'm not overreacting...But we're losing to teams like the Cavs by 10-15 most of the game. The game tonight shouldn't have really been that close. I went to the Dallas game where we blew them out and we looked just flawless? So strange.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Dec 11, 2012 at 10:20 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I know. I talk to my buddy all the time trying to figure out what it is....But really, we don't do anything well.

Actually, the only thing we've improved on is 3 point shooting, which has been the weakest part of our offense for I dont know how long.

I'm not overreacting...But we're losing to teams like the Cavs by 10-15 most of the game. The game tonight shouldn't have really been that close. I went to the Dallas game where we blew them out and we looked just flawless? So strange.

You guys lack shooters, and someone who can drive to the basket consistently. When the outside shot is going in, you guys look like World beaters - but that won't happen very often with the current group. That's where Nash comes in. He can shoot from the outside and he can drive to the basket and make the defense collapse on him - at least he could last year.

But, even with Nash back - you guys will need to change the roster a little bit. The must have for D'Antoni's system is outside shooting. You guys just don't have it outside of Kobe and Meeks (and Nash). You will have to acquire them...IMO - Gasol is not the problem. He is a terrific passer, and can shoot the mid-range J. Artest must go for a 3-point shooter...someone like Korver or Marcus Thornton or try to acquire both. You guys need 2 terrific shooters. D'Antoni's team is not going to play defense anyway, so there is no point having one or two guys on the roster who can play D. You can't defend with 2 guys.

...at least that's what I think. Some of you guys who watch every game will know better. I've seen less than 5-6 games...but that's what I find is wrong with the team.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Dec 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM ]
Marcus Thornton for Kobe straight across
i'm the biggest kobe hater but i love his passion for the game.. i was watching his post game interview yesterday and he was fired up.. he was trying his best not to go ballistic
Lakers suck haha
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
You guys lack shooters, and someone who can drive to the basket consistently. When the outside shot is going in, you guys look like World beaters - but that won't happen very often with the current group. That's where Nash comes in. He can shoot from the outside and he can drive to the basket and make the defense collapse on him - at least he could last year.

But, even with Nash back - you guys will need to change the roster a little bit. The must have for D'Antoni's system is outside shooting. You guys just don't have it outside of Kobe and Meeks (and Nash). You will have to acquire them...IMO - Gasol is not the problem. He is a terrific passer, and can shoot the mid-range J. Artest must go for a 3-point shooter...someone like Korver or Marcus Thornton or try to acquire both. You guys need 2 terrific shooters. D'Antoni's team is not going to play defense anyway, so there is no point having one or two guys on the roster who can play D. You can't defend with 2 guys.

...at least that's what I think. Some of you guys who watch every game will know better. I've seen less than 5-6 games...but that's what I find is wrong with the team.

Our outside shooting has been very good this year. We're 6th in the league in 3 point shooting, at 38.1%. That hasn't been the problem. The two biggest problems have been our turnovers (worst in the league) and our transition defense. Those two things are closely related.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Our outside shooting has been very good this year. We're 6th in the league in 3 point shooting, at 38.1%. That hasn't been the problem. The two biggest problems have been our turnovers (worst in the league) and our transition defense. Those two things are closely related.

I could see Nash helping with the former, but not the latter.

Nash is to the Lakers as Lamar Odom was to the Mavs, bwahahahaa!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i'm the biggest kobe hater but i love his passion for the game.. i was watching his post game interview yesterday and he was fired up.. he was trying his best not to go ballistic

I thought I was a Kobe hater as well. I appreciate his game now and then a lot more.

I realized I didn't hate Kobe, I hated his fans
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
As a big Laker fan I gotta say this season and this team is awful right now. I cant remember a Laker team playing this badly, only time I can remember it was after Magic retired and we were trying to build with young players. At least those guys were more entertaining than this bunch. Kobe is the only thing this team really has, I've been disappointed with Howard I thought he was a better player than that. Maybe he isn't fully healed or whatever but this does not look good and I am not entertained right now.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I could see Nash helping with the former, but not the latter.

The former kind of naturally helps out the latter, in that a turnover is more likely to lead to a transition basket than any other play is.

There's an awful effort level from the team right now though, and that's also a huge part of the bad transition defense. I'm hoping that more than anything Nash can instill some fun in this team. They currently look like they don't even enjoy playing basketball.
Losing to the Cavs is a real low point. It's sad. It's not even funny to laugh at these guys anymore. I actually feel sorry for them....
Share 49ersWebzone