• Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Jesus Christ, stop shooting 3's.

Ugly game...for both teams. Just awful. Kobe has half the points lol
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

You're right. With 3:16 to go in the game, Kobe has 35 of the Lakers 70.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You're right. With 3:16 to go in the game, Kobe has 35 of the Lakers 70.

Kobe
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol @ at the block call...that was clearly a charge
What a complete cluster f**k the end was for the Lakers. Missed 4 FT's in a row. Let the kid drive right in and lay it in. It would have been nice to steel that one, but they had no business even being in that game. They shot 31% and went 6-28 from 3.
Forgive me if I'm not seeing the benefits of the D'Antoni system. A good offensive system is supposed to give you open looks on a consistent basis. They're not there. It's all ISOs and pick & rolls. Just awful basketball.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Forgive me if I'm not seeing the benefits of the D'Antoni system. A good offensive system is supposed to give you open looks on a consistent basis. They're not there. It's all ISOs and pick & rolls. Just awful basketball.

SO is it the system or the wrong players in the system. Its clearly obvious that Gasol isnt the right guy. I must admit its pretty amazing how bad this team is playing.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

SO is it the system or the wrong players in the system. Its clearly obvious that Gasol isnt the right guy. I must admit its pretty amazing how bad this team is playing.

IMO - not having a decent PG is the problem. With Nash - this team offense will look just fine. Gasol is not an ideal guy for this system- but I don't think he is that bad a fit either.

IMO - not having a decent PG is the problem. With Nash - this team offense will look just fine. Gasol is not an ideal guy for this system- but I don't think he is that bad a fit either.

I agree that it's going to flow much better with Nash, but they still shouldn't be playing how they are. It's horrendous.

I guess I'm having a hard time identifying the system in the first place. From a technical standpoint, it's almost all pick & roll and ISOs. It's simply not good offense. It's the same play almost every time. I suppose it's partially not having the players for the system, in that Steve Nash is out, but if you're really so over-reliant on one guy (or someone like him), how good is the offense, exactly?

Also...if you can't figure out how to use Pau Gasol...who's still a solid offensive player...you're not as good of an offensive mind as advertised.

By the same token, what can a coach do about 23-43 from the FT line? Even taking Dwight out of the equation, they were 20-31. Lost in that offensive debacle was how good their defense was. Best defensive rotations I've seen vs. the pick & roll that I can remember. I'm completely perplexed by this team.
hey, we'll trade you david lee for pau gasol. he can run the floor and doesn't play defense
I didn't think we would have to worry about game losing lay ups with Howard in the paint.
Can't wait to get rid of this piece of s**t coach
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Can't wait to get rid of this piece of s**t coach

lol man he just got hired
Share 49ersWebzone