There are 218 users in the forums

2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
What if Mike Brown was coaching the Showtime Lakers (or the early 2000 Lakers for that matter), how many rings does he win?

None, because he would have been 10 years old. What if it wasn't ridiculous to ask what if?

A FORTY YEAR OLD MIKE BROWN transplanted into the 80s, you know what I meant

Still pointless and ridiculous.
Webber ripped the Dantoni signing

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Jackson's agent wasnt too happy. I have to say that the Lakers really should have waited until Monday and then told him. Calling him at midnight on Sunday night was classless.

"Phil is someone who brought nothing but trophies to their bookcase and value to the franchise," Musburger said. "He deserved to be dealt with honestly."

"He didn't deserve the job, that's their decision. They can hire whoever they wish. But don't say to someone you've got until Monday and then roust him from slumber at midnight to say, 'By the way we hired somebody else.' That's just not fair dealing and Phil deserved fair dealing. He's a good faith person and he was dealt with poorly. It is indicative of the shabby way that organization is being run."

Shabby, huh? lol

Sour grapes says what?

To be fair, that's not the only person I've heard say that

and those weren't Ninerjohn's words

I know those weren't his words. The quotation marks gave it away.

LOL The shabby comment wasn't mine. However, the classless way they treated Jackson was. I mean, seriously? Wake him up at midnight to tell him he didnt get the job? You would think that Phil Jackson, of all people, would get a little more consideration given all he has done in LA.

What if he often stays past midnight?
Anybody see Andrew Bynum's new hair looks like some three stooges s**t
Time Warner and DirecTV have reached an agreement! No more s**tty internet feeds or missing games because I can't record them!!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Time Warner and DirecTV have reached an agreement! No more s**tty internet feeds or missing games because I can't record them!!

FINALLY!
What are the die hard Laker fans in here thoughts on Magic criticism of the hiring?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
What are the die hard Laker fans in here thoughts on Magic criticism of the hiring?

He's entitled to his opinion. He'll always be my favorite basketball player of all time, but now he's just a big fan like the rest of us. Only difference between him and us is we post s**t like that on the WZ, and he says it in front of the cameras on ESPN.

I became a die hard when I was 8 and Kobe came in for Eddie J, Rick Fox etc., so I have only seen videos and heard the wonder of Magic.

As far as hits thoughts are on the hire, I don't really care. Everyone knew Mike Brown was a bad hire, so he thinks he nailed that on the head and is going to keep stirring it up I'm guessing until he's wrong.

But I am skeptical about Jim Buss, how he has handled things. Now I don't think he needs to explain himself to us, but his professionalism in handling things in the past is suspect, i.e. I'm still butthurt about Fisher, even though I love J Hill.

He's entitled to his opinion. He'll always be my favorite basketball player of all time, but now he's just a big fan like the rest of us. Only difference between him and us is we post s**t like that on the WZ, and he says it in front of the cameras on ESPN.

One more big difference. He actually knows a LOT about basketball.

One more big difference. He actually knows a LOT about basketball.

I agree with Magic, I do not support this hiring
WTF is this scoring 110-115 points per game b******t?

This dude is on meth if he thinks this team will average that many points.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

You need to chillz. lol
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

You need to chillz. lol

Nope this is and will become a s**tty hiring
Share 49ersWebzone